Thread: 9/11 Tribute

Flasher is offline Associate Member

9/11 Tribute

Their names are John & Amy Holmgren. They live in Shafer Minn. They thought this would be a nice tribute to the people that lost their lives.

I thought everyone might enjoy this as much as I did. It has every name of each person that lost their life on 9-11. This concept was thought up by John and Amy, and totally paid for by them. John says he will be awhile paying the loan off that he had to take out to do it but, thought this was the least he could do. Applied Graphics in Fargo ND did most of the work and Paul Kosenski did the Hand painting.

He said that he got to meet the Country Singer Darryl Worley, who Sang the song "Have You Forgotten" and has gotten pulled over 3 times by the police just to get their picture taken by this truck.

It is called the Rolling 9-11 Memorial, it has all the names of the people that were killed on that day and the flights they were on plus some other graphics on the side of the Tractor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9/11 Tribute-t1.jpg   9/11 Tribute-t2.jpg   9/11 Tribute-t3.jpg   9/11 Tribute-t4.jpg   9/11 Tribute-t5.jpg  

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Interesting. It didn't stop there either. Plenty lost lives fighting those bastards over in Afganistan right after. I hope all of their kind are wiped out and buried with pigs!

-B

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Wow.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool

I got that in an email a month ago. I thought that it was pretty cool.

And you're right twosocks, it doesn't stop there. In addition to the ones who lost their lives in the WTC Towers, we can't forget the ones who were in the planes, as well as the soldiers who have given their lives for the war.

mass junkie is offline banned
    very cool

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    personally i dont see why people would want to be rolling around with that **** on their truck. Yeah it happened and it was a memorable event but i wouldnt want it plastered all over my vehicle. If one of my loved ones was a victim i wouldnt want to see that lorry and be reminded.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    personally i dont see why people would want to be rolling around with that **** on their truck. Yeah it happened and it was a memorable event but i wouldnt want it plastered all over my vehicle. If one of my loved ones was a victim i wouldnt want to see that lorry and be reminded.

have some fukcing respect and sympathy for those people that lost their life in that tragic event. im glad the world isnt full of dicks like u. and i know its your opinion, but keep those opinions to yourself. thats just wrong bro

RATM is offline Senior Member
    i disagree with calling him a dick w_r. Calling it S@it was not appropriate, but that dosent mean that he wasnt necessarily sympathetic with them. I agree that SOME people (such as prime) deal better with loss by not seeing the images over and over again.

That being said, I think that it is a very cool thing to do. As a firefighter, I would have run into the WTC without question, and anything to keep my memory alive would be welcome.

It's a nice gesture, but I'm afraid it's not my style at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RATM
    As a firefighter, I would have run into the WTC without question, and anything to keep my memory alive would be welcome.
    Like every FF I know I would also have run in no questions asked, and like every FF on the planet I've been in extremely dangerous situations where you act instinctively now and think later (and later all you can think of is "holy shït, what the heck was I doing there? sounds familiar? )

But where we differ is in the second part... I like anonimity. I even had in my will (and in my file at my FD) a request that should I die in the line of duty that I be cremated quickly with no official civic funeral. It's just not me.

I guess all this is to say not everyone sees things the same way.

My way to honour the memory of my fallen fellow firefighters (wether at the WTC or in some barn fire collapse in cowtown) is to keep serving my community and supporting my fellow FF's. (after 11 years active FFing, I am now training the next generation at the Fire College).

Red

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    Interesting. It didn't stop there either. Plenty lost lives fighting those bastards over in Afganistan right after. I hope all of their kind are wiped out and buried with pigs!

-B

Thats a tad over the top aint it?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Thats a tad over the top aint it?
    Agreed. There is a very respected member of this board who happens to be "their kind." I think it's sad that he hides his ethnicity due to comments like this. He never tells people his background because he thinks people will treat him differently because of it.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I live in NYC and we will never forget ... but we don't need constant reminders either.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by w_rballs
    have some fukcing respect and sympathy for those people that lost their life in that tragic event. im glad the world isnt full of dicks like u. and i know its your opinion, but keep those opinions to yourself. thats just wrong bro
    Mate i have sympathy and alot of respect for the emergancy crews that went in to try and save people. I said i wouldnt want that **** on the side of my lorry because to me it looks tacky and very OTT. You wanna remember the dead thats fine, but do it with some class and not in a way thats uncomfortable for others.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    It's a nice gesture, but I'm afraid it's not my style at all.

Like every FF I know I would also have run in no questions asked, and like every FF on the planet I've been in extremely dangerous situations where you act instinctively now and think later (and later all you can think of is "holy shït, what the heck was I doing there? sounds familiar? )

But where we differ is in the second part... I like anonimity. I even had in my will (and in my file at my FD) a request that should I die in the line of duty that I be cremated quickly with no official civic funeral. It's just not me.

I guess all this is to say not everyone sees things the same way.

My way to honour the memory of my fallen fellow firefighters (wether at the WTC or in some barn fire collapse in cowtown) is to keep serving my community and supporting my fellow FF's. (after 11 years active FFing, I am now training the next generation at the Fire College).

Red
    good opinion. its nice to see another FF here on AR.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Firefighters rule!!!

Jhn36 is offline Associate Member
    Pretty cool!

Thread Information