pujols99 is offline New Member

Angry Lifting through pain...

Newbie here.... I've been reading threads on AR for 9 months now, and would not have even attempted my first cycle without tirless reasearch and the wisdom you guys so generously hand out on these threads. You guys probably don't realize how appreciative us first-timers are for you guys to be able to take time out to share your thoughts and experience. So I want to say thanks!

Also, a quick question..... I've been experiencing some tenderness between the muscle and bone about midway up my left forearm. The pain is at it's worst when doing skull crushers and any type of bicep curls (especially preacher curl). I just started my cycle one month ago, so short of taking a break from lifting, can you guys suggest anything that might alleviate the pain during workouts???

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Yeah, try to cut on the weight a little, and if the pain persists try taking a couple days off to recover. It sounds like tendonitis but Im no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Yeah, try to cut on the weight a little, and if the pain persists try taking a couple days off to recover. It sounds like tendonitis but Im no expert.
    couldnt agree more..........if it were me i'd use alittle advil....it doesnt cure but it takes some of the sorness away poss long enough for you to recover.....

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Yeah i had tendonitis and it felt like what your describing. But mine stuck around for over 6 months so taking off a few days probably wont do much.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    actually aleve or jsut plain naproxin sodium works better for joint pain and tendonitis i have found along with what docs have told me. but whatever works for u is best

Well ive got to make a non-whoring post every now and again.....

**** I blew it....

pujols99 is offline New Member
    Thanks guys.... I'll go ahead and back of on the heavy weights for a few days. It sucks though, since I've only been cycling for a month, I'm going to feel like I'm cheating myself. Everytime I step in the gym I just want to blast muscles to complete failure.... it's the only way to convince my self that I gave it 110% when I walk out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by pujols99
    Thanks guys.... I'll go ahead and back of on the heavy weights for a few days. It sucks though, since I've only been cycling for a month, I'm going to feel like I'm cheating myself. Everytime I step in the gym I just want to blast muscles to complete failure.... it's the only way to convince my self that I gave it 110% when I walk out the door.
    Naw bro its not like that. You gotta train intelligently. Dont just pile up the weight and go nuts. Thats how you get hurt (just like you are now.) You need to be intelligent, and have the mind-muscle connection. Be careful, take it a little lighter, but stay focused. You should be fine in a couple of days.

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    protect your body and survive to fight another day!

it may be a tendonitis. i get sore forearms if i've been away from muay thai for a bit and getting back in i feel bruised inside. curls really hurt (same place). its inflammation of the bursa most likely. rest it and exercise it gently with MUCH less work. try doing pullups instead of curls - it should be a little easier. good luck dude

Thread Information