Thread: Date

bubbathegut is offline Member

Date

i need some creative ideas for a first date gift, anything besides roses, unless i am instructed to by the resident females...

mass junkie is offline banned
    guys like roses too.......... make sure to wear the leather chaps with the ass cut out...go get em skipper

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    guys like roses too.......... make sure to wear the leather chaps with the ass cut out...go get em skipper

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Not really a gift, but you could take her on a hot-air ballon ride...

Also, if she has piercings, you could get her some new body-art...

Another idea... find out her style, and buy her an ankle bracelet....

Just some ideas that have worked in the past bro..

Good luck btg!

EDIT: F it bro! Just give her your credit card. That's all they want anyways.
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 07-31-2004 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Saw the Light!

ttuPrincess Guest
    ummm no i dont like the idea of a 1st date gift..

rather.. I had a guy send me a rose and a nice card the next day at work saying how much he enjoyed the time with me.. it was a very nice gesture

(and no it wasnt Coldstone.. someone who turned out to be one of my best friends in the entire world.. )

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I like to take em some ANUSOL... for "after"

thats just me tho

BigErn is offline Junior Member
    For a first date? Well man, treat it like a first cycle. You wanna keep it simple right, dont wanna overdo it, wanna know your boundaries and whatnot.

So I recommend the greatest first date gift ever....

...test!

Some good ol' fashioned test

Nah, seriously man, no gifts. Princess got it right with a rose maybe or whatever, but dont go out of your way to buy somethin...just make it a nice evening/day/whatever.

Let us know how it goes, good luck

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Get her a dozen roses, and in the middle a plastic one. Write a note saying I'll love you till every rose dies dunno if it would help on a first date, but it helped on valentine's day

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess

rather.. I had a guy send me a rose and a nice card the next day at work saying how much he enjoyed the time with me.. it was a very nice gesture

(and no it wasnt Coldstone.. someone who turned out to be one of my best friends in the entire world.. )
    Very good advice here.

some good ideas thanks...mass will be getting his roses soon in the form of a singing telegram...

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess

See now I think that would come off as desperate. maybe if things started to get serious after a few dates I would understand that but for the first date I dunno. doesnt work for everybody.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I made a rule for myself to spend next to nothing on dates. If the weather is nice, enjoy it. I thas worked out well. The girls I want like me and not my ability to make them live above what their income allows.

Think of some funny personal anecdotes and jokes before hand. Jerk off before you leave. Don't kiss her for longer than a second at the end of the night, if she lets you.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    See now I think that would come off as desperate. maybe if things started to get serious after a few dates I would understand that but for the first date I dunno. doesnt work for everybody.
    not desperate at all.. i thought it was a very nice jesture.. he didnt call the next couple days.. i just walked into the office and there was a rose and the card.. I actually still have it ( only because he became one of my best friends afterwards)... theres nothing desperate abuot saying thanks for a nice time and then backing off..

after my 1st date with CS (and I dont know if he knows that I saw this) he put up an away message when he got home saying " something about finding a girl he would love to spend more time with"... its nice to be appreciated sometimes, even if its the 1st date.. I think a gift during the 1st date is a bit much unless you go to a carnival or something, then win her a stuffed animal, but the next day sending a nice thank you is really sweet, and brownie points are given if you do so to where others see it as well... this allows her to gloat about haveing a nice date!

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie

mass, that was classic. CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    condoms are always a gift for a 1st date

naw.......... be yourself... if 1 rose is you... do it..

12 roses. smells of desperation...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    give her a stiff drink to loosen her up, thats it

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I think a simple nice dinner and conversation is cool on a first date. Nothing too over the top. Talk and see if there is any real connection there. Ask her about herself and be interested and genuine.

I also like what TTU said. A day or so after...send a single rose and a card...if you really enjoyed being with her and want to have more dates.

I wouldn't start with gifts and fancy stuff until you are well into an established dating pattern. I think it helps you find out if your lady friend is about you or the $$. After 3 or 4 months...you can get a small gift to show you appreciate her.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'd give her a framed picture.......................of me. hahahaha

I'd probably send flowers but not roses.......daisy's or wild flowers.....something out of the norm.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    write some poetry and recite it on her lawn aided by the strum of a 6 string. with a rose in your mouth. and a parret on your shoulder for backups.
    (sorry, ive gotta get my post count up somehow.)

Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    write some poetry and recite it on her lawn aided by the strum of a 6 string. with a rose in your mouth. and a parret on your shoulder for backups.
    (sorry, ive gotta get my post count up somehow.)

lol...now i just have to find a singing parrot...

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I think a simple nice dinner and conversation is cool on a first date. Nothing too over the top. Talk and see if there is any real connection there. Ask her about herself and be interested and genuine.

I also like what TTU said. A day or so after...send a single rose and a card...if you really enjoyed being with her and want to have more dates.

I wouldn't start with gifts and fancy stuff until you are well into an established dating pattern. I think it helps you find out if your lady friend is about you or the $$. After 3 or 4 months...you can get a small gift to show you appreciate her.
    Man, there needs to be more women out there like you, it seems like most girls EXPECT stuff........... But as for advice, here is how i decide first off if a girl even qualifies for date number 2.......take her to dinner, at the end of the night, if she hasnt said thank you for the dinner or taking her out.............drop her ass

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    you can get a small gift to show you appreciate her.
    yea........ CB always knows what to do...

if a gift is too difficult for ya... just leave $40 on the nightstand when you leave...

jk
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member

Talking

chicks don't need gifts on the first date till after you got some

sucking up too much will lead to whipped and you will not net any fish that way.

Women like gifts but not on first dates... doesn't make since

Well i shall return to my overlords Tower. I bid u farewell.

jk[/QUOTE]

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    Man, there needs to be more women out there like you, it seems like most girls EXPECT stuff........... But as for advice, here is how i decide first off if a girl even qualifies for date number 2.......take her to dinner, at the end of the night, if she hasnt said thank you for the dinner or taking her out.............drop her ass

Simple analogy for me, since a woman is expecting stuff as you say, I'm gonna expect some ass. Equal opportunity

awesome date even though we did the standard dinner and a movie...easy to talk to and athletic...she runs in marathons...looking good for the banana boy...

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Good to hear bro...

Any chance for a second date?

Get any 'nanny?

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    Exactly....good measure of the woman I think. I also ALWAYS make sure and lean over and unlock his door if he has the courtesy to open my side for me. I know that makes BIG points too.

I did forget to say thanks one time. We were so deep in conversation, I was so into him....that I just forgot. As soon as I walked in my door I realized and called his house and left a message on his machine. I was HORRIFIED that I had done that.

So....since I'm one of the good ones... why is it I can't seem to find a man that appreciates it?
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    keep your chin up Barb, i know its an old cliche' but when you least expect it, it will happen. while i dont believe that there is only One person for each of us, i do believe that every one has a soulmate to seek. I was lucky enough to find mine, I know you will find yours.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    [no gifts first date.... if you do, then you wont be getting nothing except a chick that is gonna expect that sorta CRAP and/or a chick that wears the pants holding the cards, with her poon power right off the bat.

look at it this way man... if SHE was to bring YOU a somethin on the first date ...WHAT WOULD YOU THINK?

I know...you'd think ..hmmm she wants it... I can relax MY bones and not try so hard to get this ... and next thing you know, shes all pandering to YOU.

so, you bring her some flowers and HER challenge to get you... IS ALL GONE.

SAYin goodbye before you even said hello .. so to speak

(but of course this is too late as I have seen you've gone, just for others I guess .. or whatever.)

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    So....since I'm one of the good ones... why is it I can't seem to find a man that appreciates it?
    I think your strong will and independence intimidates some men. Some men like being in full control and they cannot handle a self made woman.

Just my quick thoughts...although I barely know you.

I suppose. I am not sweating it. It will happen when it is supposed to happen. I have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I think your strong will and independence intimidates some men. Some men like being in full control and they cannot handle a self made woman.

Just my quick thoughts...although I barely know you.

solid snake is offline Junior Member
    hey man whens the next date

max-it is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbathegut
    lol...now i just have to find a singing parrot...
    It's hard to find a parrot that can sing YMCA.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Gift on a first date? IMO it's a no-no. Maybe if your out in the middle of the date and some body come by your table and is selling roses, then yeah. 'Cause if you don't, you just lost points.
    I always open the car door for my ladies, when I go out. And I've always gotten the door opend for me when I get in. Southern gals are nice that way, I suppose.

Thread Information