mass junkie is offline banned

Anybody have a membership to a "24 Hour Fitness" facility

Seems like shaq is bringing the chain to miami......and I was considering getting a membership there since it will be so close to my house....I currently belong to LA fitness ...what are your opinions of the said facility

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Seems like shaq is bringing the chain to miami......and I was considering getting a membership there since it will be so close to my house....I currently belong to LA fitness ...what are your opinions of the said facility

I used to have a membership here in Vegas.... but they are over priced and honestly my new club is much better. Andre Agasi is opening up a bunch of 24 hour fitnesses here. I guess all the local celebs buy them and open them up.

<<LMO>>

Id like to have the option of working out very late at night without having to drive 20 some odd miles to do so

Id like to have the option of working out very late at night without having to drive 20 some odd miles to do so

Yea.... 24 hour is good for that. My new club is open 24 hours as well though so I got that one covered. But honestly there is nothing wrong with 24 fitness besides the price tag.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Yea.... 24 hour is good for that. My new club is open 24 hours as well though so I got that one covered. But honestly there is nothing wrong with 24 fitness besides the price tag.

<<LMO>>
    How much?

How much?

When I was going to join their new Sport Gym (pool, etc....) they wanted $35 a month + $180 in signup fees to go to ONE location. My new club, it was $5 in signup fees, $21 a month, all the same features as 24 hour fitness plus I can go to all 5 of their locations in town.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    When I was going to join their new Sport Gym (pool, etc....) they wanted $35 a month + $180 in signup fees to go to ONE location. My new club, it was $5 in signup fees, $21 a month, all the same features as 24 hour fitness plus I can go to all 5 of their locations in town.

<<LMO>>
    thats not so bad...I pay more at La Fitness

thats not so bad...I pay more at La Fitness

That was at ONE location and those prices are here in Vegas.... I would go down to your local location and see how much they want to fuk ya for Really the bad part is the signup fees.

<<LMO>>

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    24 hour fitness has alot of a$$ kissing imo. I was signed up with them for a year in 2003. I mean, every week, a trainer would come up to me asking if I needed a trainer. They dont leave you alone. They called me every month telling me about this and that. I'm with LA fitness right now, its 20 dollars a month for me and I had 0 down. Just had to pay the first and last month payments when I signed up.

Oh $hit that was the other thing I forgot to mention..... the trainers there harrass you trying to get you to train with them. Even when you are bigger and in better shape than they are lol.

<<LMO>>

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I used to train at 24 Hour back home. Good gyms. Sometimes they can push a little too much on getting the newbies to train with them. But just tell them what you want and they'll leave you alone. Gotta remember though that's their job and they have to sell a certain number of memberships / PT sessions = more money for them.

Gotta find a good deal though. I'm sure since there'll be new clubs there that they'll have some sort of new member sign up option. One special they have going is 699 for 3 years, then 99 for each year after that. Good deal if you plan on staying around 24 Hr clubs (and yes, you can use them all)

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    . My friend just checked out 24 Hour Fitness today. They offered him $23 a month with an S181.00 sign up fee. It is an extra $10 a month for an all access pass to use other 24HF clubs in our area. I felt it was somewhat high, because I pay a ridiculously low price ($15 for 2 PPL a month) and only paid $50 in sign up fees 6 years ago. I got this deal because of my work (Crossing Guards have their benefits) I will never let this price go unless I move out of the area or become disabled. Overall, I like the club but hate the sales jockeys they call personal trainers.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    btw - watch out. i know the one i was at tried to run a scam so they could get more money. it was the Asst. Manager. he was 21 and pullin **** left and right so he could make sales.

and you can bargain with them, you're the customer, they want your cash - remember that.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    One of the places I work out at is open M-F 24hrs but crappy hours on the weekends (8pm)

120 down
    14.99 mo

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    btw - watch out. i know the one i was at tried to run a scam so they could get more money. it was the Asst. Manager. he was 21 and pullin **** left and right so he could make sales.

and you can bargain with them, you're the customer, they want your cash - remember that.

Yea they tried to sucker me too..... I told them no way I was paying $180 in signup fees. So he goes away and comes back and says he can waive $100 of the signup fees but my monthly membership charges will be $45 a month instead of $35. I was like do you think I am stupid or what? I just got fed up and walked out. Unfortunately I gave them my cell phone number when I was filling out the info and they called me for months after that trying to get me to come back in even after I told them I signed up elseware.

<<LMO>>

seanw is offline Banned
    Man you guys dont know how well off you are. I live in Singapore now ant he gym memberships here are around $1300.00 PER YEAR !!!!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Man you guys dont know how well off you are. I live in Singapore now ant he gym memberships here are around $1300.00 PER YEAR !!!!
    you think that's bad. there's this one place in Portland, Oregon (downtown) called The Mac or something like that. 4 K a year, 10 K signup fee. waiting list is huge to get in too. not sure why it's so great, i'm content with a 24 HR sport

LM1332 Guest
    i didnt know they were open 24/7 the one i went to in arizona they closed at 11pm

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Thats where I go... I love it. I can go work out whenever its good for me. I pay $24 a month but the one I go to is a "sport" woohoo

pretty_tony is offline Associate Member
    i love my 24hour gym, the music that they play is the worst, i hate that top 40 crap, espcially when i'm trainning

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    i have gone with my friends with guest passes before, and i personally hate the place. the dumbells are never in the right spot, the benches are always taken up by people that dont need to be using them, they dont have enough equiptment (you have to wait most of the time), and the music they play sucks. i stick with spectrum club, which is a chain in so cal only i believe. never have to wait for equiptment and it is kept very clean.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    i have gone with my friends with guest passes before, and i personally hate the place. the dumbells are never in the right spot, the benches are always taken up by people that dont need to be using them, they dont have enough equiptment (you have to wait most of the time), and the music they play sucks. i stick with spectrum club, which is a chain in so cal only i believe. never have to wait for equiptment and it is kept very clean.
    in california they suck, overcrowded as hell, rubber dumbells, the equipment sucks, and every moron in the world goes there, if you want something to laugh at go there and watch people work out, there is no golds gym by you mass?

decadbal is offline Banned
    my gym closes early and the ppl who work there are tards, but i do what i want and they dont bithc..lol

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i do but its a poser gym, i have to because its the only one open at 4am when i workout. i hate going on the weekend (but i do) they should call it "the GQ gym" i think they even sell hair gell in the pro shop

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Mass stop being a bitch and go to porkies.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Atleast you guys have 24 hour gyms. I have a powerhouse and a few indie gyms. All of them close by 10 and I'm a night person and wish I could work out around 12 or so and just pump into the night.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    I hate 24 hour fitness. It's full of lazy people taking up good space.

-B

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I work out at a 24 Hour Fitness, its nice IMO. As has already been said, there are a lot of lazy people there, but its not a big deal.......most of them don't use the weights, at least at mine, so its not like they are bugging me. They just bench a set, then hit the stair master and talk......hey, whatever floats their boat.

The facilities are very nice though, I find them very accomodating. I like 24 Hour Fitness for what its worth. They had a $45 Student Discount for the summer, which is why I am working out there now....so I don't know if you'll be getting that (are you in college?), if not it can be kinda spendy.

Surferboy is offline Associate Member
    I like 24hr. My best friend is the assistant fitness manager at the one in Addison, so my membership is only $20/month with no sign on or start up fees. If you know someone that works at one, they can give you good deals.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    its ok, I just hate all the fukn machines.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I w/o at a 24 hour fitness. I like being able to go when I want, just happens that 4am works for me. When I'm in there, it's me and about 10 others. We all work nicely around eachother and I never have to look for anything or wait. The music is cheesy and kinda annoying but other than that its all good.

I hate running late tho. Since I'm usually leaving around 5 or 5:30 depending on the day...if I'm there past then people think I'm a newbie...no respect. One morning I was using the hammerstrength row and this dude was all up in my face, how many more sets do I have....told him 2 and he freakin stood there and watched! Then the mofo didn't help me unrack my weights...just freakin stood there. Then, I walked by after he got rollin....I was liftin more than him!!!! sheesh! so...yep 24's all good, people suck!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    i work out at 24 i like it alot. my membership is $40/monthly and i can go to any 24 in the world wide. i signed up with there was no annitiation(sp) fee. once the trainers see you there everyday and that they know what your doing they will leave you alone. only bad thing about the one i use most of the time is around 5pm m-f i gets rediculously crowded.

VIXI is offline Female Member
    used to be at one in Houston..nice facilities...exceptionally clean...and good availability as far as hours...and they are easy to find when traveling...the sales people can be kind of pushy...but of course they have a quota to fill...i loved their Precor equipment...so I have to say they worked well for me...xxxSass

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    man your gym prices are cheap, the gym in sandusky that is suppose to be one of the best in america or something like that is like 60$ for a month.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    all you haters....24hr rocks....just got to know which ones to go to...

westhiemer and hayes is the ****...it used to be golds gym....

westhiemer and dairy ashford is good too but the one in sugar land by my house is kinda a GQ gym....

24hr is pretty much all there is around houston other than some private ones...

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    The 24 hour fitness where I live I didnt like very much there were to many machines for my likeing and it was to **** expensive

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    oh yeah i pay $38 a month and joined while they were running a special of around $49 to join.....i can go to all but the super sports which is fine since those are full of milfs and the db's only go up to 80....

Thread Information