Fat Guy is offline Senior Member

Is It Me or does it seem like...

Is It Me or does it seem like the personal trainers they have in these corporate fitness clubs are nothing but Mouth Breathers that just sit around and prey on anyone and anything to sell them some crap they do not need?
    I am a member at 24 Hour Fitness and the only thing I can’t stand about the club is the useless trainers they have at these places. None of these trainers (I mean None) have any size, cut, or definition to them. The whole lot of them look like a bunch of skinny, lanky, pimply faced kids that wouldn’t know their A$$holes from their Elbows. If there is anyone who is a personal trainer that is reading this I am, sure you are not one of these wastes of skin type folks. I find it quite irritating and frustrating when I go to the gym and this kid who is not even a quarter of my size wants to come up to me and offer me advice and the real reason is just to sell me some promotional crap I do not need. To me these moth breathers are nothing more than gym telemarketers up close and personal. Oh well I guess that is what I get for choosing the cheap membership option. I was just wondering if anyone else thought these guys were a waste of space?

LM1332 Guest
    no you are right most of the guys personal trainers over at ballys or 24 are mostly guys who know only basics and teach new members who know nothing. And most of the trainers that ive seen are a waste of money if you want a good trainer go private

AnabolicAlien Guest

wtf

what the fcuk?

all the trainers at my gym are ripped, knowledgeable, and friendly....

get the hell out of balley's... do you really like watching guys in spandex shorts doing isolation dumbbell curls while you're trying to deadlift or squat?!

A.A.

LM1332 Guest
    i workout at worlds gym so meh

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    garbarge- those guys are so full of crap!

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien
    what the fcuk?

all the trainers at my gym are ripped, knowledgeable, and friendly....

get the hell out of balley's... do you really like watching guys in spandex shorts doing isolation dumbbell curls while you're trying to deadlift or squat?!

A.A.
    LMAO...YEAH THAT IS FUNNY!!!!! There are guys in spandex there too...All I can think is WTF?

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    Although I do agree, you must keep in mind that these guys are only 'book smart', right out of school with a piece of paper acknowledging that they passed their true or false final. Very few experienced trainers would be working at a place like ballys but rather doing personal consultation or owning/running a gym. Knowing the technical terms for the muscles in the body and basic nutritional facts is all that school will teach you. It takes years of training to actually learn on a personal level of how the body reacts to different excersises. Most gyms are to cheap and would not pay more than minimum wage. Although most corporate gyms will charge $20/hr and up, rarley do these trainers see a 1/4 of that. 90% of individuals with any experience under their belt have more drive and dedication than to work at a place for $6.00/hr giving advice to what I like to call the "monday morning crew" (hit the gym Mon-Wed and never see them again unitl the following week)

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I worked as a gym instructor (basically a childminder to the adults in the gym) in a franchise gym and some of my colleagues who were fitness instructors were incredibly capable. One was my workout partner and Flasher in some ways yeah he was more booksmart then he was capable at practical application, but that was only towards bodybuilding. His clients never wanted to train like a bb. When it came to training middle aged women he knew it all! Trainers may appear crap when it comes to training bb's etc, but lets face it, who here would actually hand over £20 an hour to someone just to take you through a legs workout that you are quite capable of doing on youre own. Its only the weekend warrior types that are going to be lazy enough that the'll be willing to hand over the cash so not have to worry about actually thinking about what there doing.

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    Prime, I also agree with some of your points but I've been in and out of gyms my whole life and I am still amazed at the quality of instruction given to members. I don't know what it's like in England, but $20/hr is standard rate and ALOT of people get suckered by these gyms. The point I was commenting on is that I as an individual would feel much better in being trained by someone who is not only metally (sp?) educated but physically in shape. Personally, most of the trainers I see and the same ones that initiated this post, don't have the knowledge to train anyone. I've seen trainers have 50yr/old men doing deadlifts???? This is not to say that individuals that age are not able, but man experience comes with time not from a book....

decadbal is offline Banned
    im a trainer, and i dont act like that at all..lol i also dont talk to anyone less i am workin with em. so come down south ill walk ya thru..lol

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Flasher i do agree. But where i worked, my boss was a bb, about 220 natty, could shoulder press the 50's(thats 50kgs) with ease and was a laugh. Another member of staff was 5ft6 and 240, a rugby player and strong as an ox. We had a few decent physiques floating about. Thing is most 'regular' people view the bigger guys as dumb meatheads.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    the personal trainers at my gym at school are soft mofo's that don't look like they've lifted a weight in their life. The gym is open to anyone including older ppl, and those ppl are the only ppl that you see the trainers with. And from the beginning of first semester to the end of second semester, these ppl look the same...........wow, what a waste of money

Thread Information