Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sage is offline Anabolic Member

help me pick a boxer pup)

i am getting a pup from a professional boxer breeder...

the fawn and white are 8 weeks old all females
    brindle and white 4 weeks old male for which i have to wait additional 4 weeks before taking it home.

which one to chose i dunno....every time i look i choose a different one....

and i still need a name for him or her
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help me pick a boxer pup)-boxer.jpg   help me pick a boxer pup)-boxer1.jpg   help me pick a boxer pup)-boxer2.jpg  

mass junkie is offline banned
    That brindle one is bad ass....name it mufasa

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    That brindle one is bad ass....name it mufasa
    i kinda like that name

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Buy the red one and name it Malachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i kinda like that name
    im not kidding bro....havent you seen the Lion King?...everything the light touches will be yours and all that bull****

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member
    do their ears point up by themselves after a coupel weeks, or do they havhe to be cut?

im not kidding bro....havent you seen the Lion King?...everything the light touches will be yours and all that bull****
    Mass,
    i really do like that name bro, now i keep saying it out loud to get used to it.. it sux to wait 4 more weeks though, but the brindle did get my attention right of the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce willis
    do their ears point up by themselves after a coupel weeks, or do they havhe to be cut?
    noh, u have to crop them, which i will do as well when the pup gets a bit older because i think boxers look better that way...

the breeder has also e-mailed me pics of the parents who are on premises..….both look good and 100% purebred
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help me pick a boxer pup)-boxer3.jpg   help me pick a boxer pup)-boxer4.jpg  

both parents look great.... id still go with the brindle one even though he/she seems to be the smallest of the litter

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Definitely go with the brindle......

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    This is my Boxer....5 yrs old....her name is Maggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help me pick a boxer pup)-maggie-6.jpg   help me pick a boxer pup)-maggie-7.jpg   help me pick a boxer pup)-maggie-4.jpg   help me pick a boxer pup)-maggie-1.jpg  

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the one on the left in the last picture...it kinda stood out to me

LM1332 Guest
    awe some **** cute...it reminds me of my Rottweiler that i had

Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    This is my Boxer....5 yrs old....her name is Maggie

alert is offline Junior Member
    aww .. god take them all home ... such a hard decision ... i have a 4 year old champion boxer whos now a stud dog .. he's placed 1st in his last two shows ... names hemmingway... hes a fawn .. but all my others have been brindles ... can't really go wrong .. looks like a very good litter ...

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member
    i like boxers with floppy ears better, the pointed up ears are better with huskies and german shepards

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Take the runt of the litter and put him on a cycle. KIDDING!

I like the one on the left in the 3rd picture.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    The one with black in it will look better later on IMO.

i just spoke to the breeder this morning and she said the pics she send me are:

First two pics are actually the same litter all 4 weeks old
    Third pic is a different litter 8 weeks old

the only male there is that small brindle in the first two pics....They are not allowing anyone to see the pups until they are 7 weeks old so at this point all i do is go by the pics and have to leave a deposit ASAP....

i do like that brindle male, but also the fawn and white in the left 3rd pic....u bros now whats up, but should i be concerned with brindle being a bit smaller than his sisters, after all its a male and health wise the breeder only gives a 48 hour guarantee after the purchase....
    Last edited by Sage; 08-01-2004 at 10:25 AM.

i just spoke to the breeder this morning and she said the pics she send me are:

First two pics are actually the same litter all 4 weeks old
    Third pic is a different litter 8 weeks old

the only male there is that small brindle in the first two pics....They are not allowing anyone to see the pups until they are 7 weeks old so at this point all i do is go by the pics and have to leave a deposit ASAP....

i do like that brindle male, but also the fawn and white in the left 3rd pic....u bros now whats up, but should i be concerned with brindle being a bit smaller than his sisters, after all its a male and health wise the breeder only gives a 48 hour guarantee after the purchase....
    The male looks like the runt of the litter. Being a male do they usually grow to be larger than the females?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The male looks like the runt of the litter. Being a male do they usually grow to be larger than the females?
    yes they do....and just because he is the runt now doesnt mean anything....Ive seen runts turn out to be the biggest dog in the litter... more often than not..

thats what i am thinking bro, male boxer pups are usually larger in other litters i looked at so thats whats holding me back a bit, but their coat color scheme was sort of lame being all fown..........

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    the one all the way on the left in the middle picture.

yes they do....and just because he is the runt now doesnt mean anything....Ive seen runts turn out to be the biggest dog in the litter... more often than not..
    are you serious....that runt reminds me of myself being a small shrimp and transforming into a massive bull. The pups are not cheap and i have to consider everything, but u think he will overgrow this period...It sux becasue i canot c him in person and checkout his skeletal bone structure, but his paws do show the potential for growing.

It's going to be hard to pick from a picture. You don't get to see their personalities.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I've always been a big fan of the brindles...

It's going to be hard to pick from a picture. You don't get to see their personalities.
    thats what peaces me off, they want a deposit (half the price) only at 4 weeks old and specifically said and believe me i've been asking that every time i am on the phone with them that they will not show poppies at such a young age without any shots done so don't bother coming on premises.....They are good boxer source and i may lose out on a pup to some1 else, but than again, from the pics u can only tell so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    I've always been a big fan of the brindles...
    i c majority of fawn boxers everywhere and wanted a bindle. The fawn ones in this litter have a nice flashy color coat though, but the brindle is not too shady either with his white markings......the dog from this litter will be the official AR.com pup I looked at various other litter of pups and this is by far the best one i saw.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    let the pup pick you

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    let the pup pick you
    i have to go by the pics only at this point....the deposit i make is the pop i get without looking or going back on my decision...The entire litter is on the market for 3 days straight now and there is another person already purchased one of the fawn females strictly for breeding, don't know which one, but they went by the pics alone.....In three weeks all the pups will be sold without a doubt and i just need to make a final decision soon....They called me to notify that a deposit has been made, but for brindle.....

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    thats what peaces me off, they want a deposit (half the price) only at 4 weeks old and specifically said and believe me i've been asking that every time i am on the phone with them that they will not show poppies at such a young age without any shots done so don't bother coming on premises.....They are good boxer source and i may lose out on a pup to some1 else, but than again, from the pics u can only tell so much.
    Then don't take any of the puppies. One of the best ways to pick a puppy is by taking the mother to the other side of the room and then watching their reaction. The most alert puppy is the one who will realise the mother is gone and run to her first, and that's the one you should pick. You can't do that from a picture. Other than that, you should find out if cutting the ears is still leagal where you live. I know that in Israel, and I'm pretty sure in other countries too, any type of costmetic surgery on animals has been recently made illeagal because of the pain it causes the animal. So anything like taking out a cat's nails, cutting dogs' ears etc. might not be permitted if you want to do it.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm obsessed with boxers but have to wait til i'm out of school to buy one but i would definitely go with the brindle, they are absolutely beautiful............but you'll be happy with any boxer you go with, they are very loving, loyal dogs.

just called them up and i'll be putting down a deposit on two pups (brindle and fawn/white in the 2nd pic last one of the left) within 3 weeks as soon as someone would be interested in one of them they will notify me and than i'll have to pick before seeing the pups otherwise i am in a safe zone so far and the breeder assures me that the brindle is of the right size otherwise they would not be selling it....i still think he is slightly smaller than normal IMO.....hope the next 3 weeks will put some more meat and hight on him otherwise its the fawn girl.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    You would be surprised at just how different two pups of the same litter can turn out..Height and weight wise. My friend and I both bought boxers 16 months ago from a local breeder..His weighs 55 lbs soaken wet and mine is 95lbs and built like a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    You would be surprised at just how different two pups of the same litter can turn out..Height and weight wise. My friend and I both bought boxers 16 months ago from a local breeder..His weighs 55 lbs soaken wet and mine is 95lbs and built like a tank
    was your pup larger bonned compare to his or just gained extra weight in the process and whats ur predection on a male brindle pup than?

i'll c if they can hit me up with more pics of a brindle.
    Last edited by Sage; 08-01-2004 at 05:53 PM.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    was your pup larger bonned compare to his or just gained extra weight and whats ur predection on a male brindle pup than?

i'll c if they can hit me up with more pics of a brindle.
    He was the largest of the litter..His head and paws were much larger than the other 9 pups. We also feed our dogs differently, his gets dry dog food and mine gets dry dog food and beef... Lots of beef!
    If it is size that you are looking for pay close attention to the head and the paws and that should get you what you want.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1st pic 3rd pup to the right. Has a nice solid coat and a nice solif white patch on his/her chest. Very uniform pup
    abstrack@protonmail.com

LM1332 Guest
    by my experience with dogs the smallest once grows to be the biggest and nicest dog around. Like my rottweiler she was the smallest one around but grew up to be a city champion 2 time gold medal winner

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    yuo can tell if they're gonna be huge by how much the skin will stretch on them, if they have a lot of extra skin, then they will tend to be bigger.

Look at me NOW! is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    by my experience with dogs the smallest once grows to be the biggest and nicest dog around. Like my rottweiler she was the smallest one around but grew up to be a city champion 2 time gold medal winner
    The runts are the best to get bc since they are the runt of the litter they naturally survive better. Typically they will fend off disease better and grow to be very healthy, assuming they are taken care of properly as pups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information