mustang331 is offline Member

Bikers: got some questions for ya! ( That's Bicycle not Mortocycle )

I have been biking allot latley for my cardio, after about a week my ass was killing me, so I went out and bought a new seat, one with some cushion and a split in the middle...
    Question is does the split in the middle really save the "dork" I know before there was a certain vein that bikers tend to damage after a while ( prevents the dork from working right or something ) So these new seats with the split in the middle are supposed to protect against that..

Anyone got info on this?

Thanks

decadbal is offline Banned
    u know that will cause the bizkit to be limp later in life right...

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    u know that will cause the bizkit to be limp later in life right...

This is what I am trying to get at... Do the seats with the split in the middle help this problem out? This was the purpose of the split right!

hockeybabe2 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang331
    I have been biking allot latley for my cardio, after about a week my ass was killing me, so I went out and bought a new seat, one with some cushion and a split in the middle...
    Question is does the split in the middle really save the "dork" I know before there was a certain vein that bikers tend to damage after a while ( prevents the dork from working right or something ) So these new seats with the split in the middle are supposed to protect against that..

Anyone got info on this?

Thanks

The only thing you would have to look at if it is a girl seat. The have split for different gender. I think you have the guy seat and it doesn`t mean that you are a dork. It just means you couldn`t handle it. hehe. I`m just joking keep riding and it will get earlier. I will be doing a triathlon this weekend and be thinking of you. Have a great day.HB2

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

hmm

i'm just confused because i haven't heard the word "dork" since 1983 perplexing

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    i'm just confused because i haven't heard the word "dork" since 1983 perplexing

Dork=Penis

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I used to cycle 10 miles a day. Getting a soft seat isnt the answer. I switched from a soft squidgy one to a nice hard tour'de'france seat. The trick is to pedal hard. If most of your weight is on the pedal then less is on the seat. Plus i found a big seat to intefere with the natural motion of my legs while pedaling.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I mountain bike...and I have a prostate seat. It's a gel seat with a large section taken out of the front to relieve the pressure on your prostate. It does work better than a normal seat...however...you're going to have try out multiple seats and different brands. Everyone's body is different so one seat may not work for you. I had to take bake a few seats until I ended up with my current one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikers: got some questions for ya! ( That's Bicycle not Mortocycle )-spec-sj-fsr-xc.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I mountain bike...and I have a prostate seat. It's a gel seat with a large section taken out of the front to relieve the pressure on your prostate. It does work better than a normal seat...however...you're going to have try out multiple seats and different brands. Everyone's body is different so one seat may not work for you. I had to take bake a few seats until I ended up with my current one.

I am fine with this seat, my old one without the split in the middle hurt my dork and are areound it bad.. This new seat is FINE!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    If you're fine with it...why ask about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    If you're fine with it...why ask about it?

Just afraid I might be doing damage without knowing it.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    get some padded bike shorts the padded spandex and just wear shorts over top of them , the shorts and your padded seat will help

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    get some padded bike shorts the padded spandex and just wear shorts over top of them , the shorts and your padded seat will help
    Never thought of that.. Good Idea. Thanks!

your crotch will toughen up after awhile and you won't notice it much

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Click on www.hiwheel.com and go to the bottom of the page and click on
    ACCESSORIES. Check out their leather saddles. Ya, the one that came with my penny-farthing (the $20 one) is the first OEM saddle that I've ever found comfortable. Even beats those gel-filled saddles.

Spent big bucks years ago on a super-fancy Fuji, it came with a super-hard saddle. The salesguy said my butt would get used to it, but it never did. Between the seat and the hunched-over handlebars, I decided to get rid of it; I'm not a masochist. Since I was riding for exercise, I got a cruiser with big fat comfy tires that let me sit the same way my character is--upright. Sold it to a pal when I got my 48" penny-farthing, which takes a bit more effort to pedal (no brakes and no free-wheeling), but surprisingly enough, is even more comfortable than the cruiser. Plus, it's cool as hell.

--Tock
    --Tock

Thread Information