Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    slizzut is offline Senior Member

Post your favorite quotes

This quote is from my second favorite web page (after AR).. animalpak.
    I have so many from this site and they never fail to inspire me but heres one of my favorites.

"I guess all we can do is push on through the hours of darkness and eventually morning will come. The darkest night can sometimes give way to the most beautiful morning. Hold true to the values that brought you this far. Strength and honor will be our guide home... Until you can see the light of day, walk into the weight room and do battle with yourself and everything around you. Even during times of peace, we remain at war. Be proud of who you are and embrace solitutde. It will put you on the path to total focus. Fight hard brothers."

Post your favorite inspiring quotes
    Last edited by slizzut; 07-29-2004 at 07:34 PM.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a few that I wouldnt say I live by, but id say they meen a lot.

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart. "

"Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise. "

"Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live. "

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability."

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. "
    Last edited by Psychotron; 07-29-2004 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart. "

"Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise. "
    Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live. "
    "

Great quotes!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Great quotes!
    I had a few more to add lol

A Couple more of my favs:

"Be real. Don’t be fake. Be smart. Don’t waste your time. Find that spark inside you and make it the biggest ****ing fire around. Let it burn out of control. Take control of your destination and never give it up. Stop making excuses. Make it work. All the pleasures in life cannot compare to living your dream."

"Get off your ass. The only thing that I fear is the thought that one day I may not have a dream, so I will not let this one go until I get all that I want. Take it. Be an Animal. **** everything else."

One more..

"Believe in one person: Yourself. Everything flows from that pool. Don’t be afraid of pain. It will teach you. Define your surroundings; don’t let them define you. Don’t be a ****ing pussy. Life hurts. So does loneliness, and so does change. But they are all necessary to your growth. Make things happen. Don’t wait for them. Lift for gains, not glory. Control your ego and the weight. Quitting is a habit, as is winning and losing. The second two happen to everyone. The first one should never happen to anyone. Lead by example. Never become someone you aren’t proud of."

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    EDIT:

The wolf at the top of the hill isn't as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.. But when he wants the food it is there..
    (need i give an author)

Everybody want to be a bodybuilder, nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights!!!!!!!!!1
    (Mr. Coleman)

Whether you think you can, or you can't you're right..
    (on the wall at my gym)

If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace..
    (Thomas Paine, no i don't have kids, but it's a nice line)

Get busy living, or get busy dying..
    (shawshank redemption)
    Last edited by monster.; 07-29-2004 at 08:12 PM.

nice quotes.. we need more!

worldknown is offline Banned
    "sh1t happens"

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    "You guys are afraid to be who you want to be."
    "I have two things in my life: my word, and my balls, and I won't break neither for nobody."

scarface

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron

"Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live. "

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability."

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. "
    Good ones

skinnyhb is offline Member
    no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
    -jim morrison

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    What is greatest in life?

To crush your enemies
    To see them driven before you
    And hear the lamentation of their women

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    not something I live by, but..
    "take your time, think alot, but think of everything you've got. For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not."
    -cat stevens

bump!

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    truly wise men spend their entire life learning, and their entire death teaching...

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    "Get off your ass. The only thing that I fear is the thought that one day I may not have a dream, so I will not let this one go until I get all that I want. Take it. Be an Animal. **** everything else."

slizz..that entire article was amazing....**** near got it memorized

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Rain puts a hole in stone due to its constancy, not its force.

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    "Quality is better than quanity, but quanity has a quality all of its own" Joseph Stalin

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life" - Emerson

"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor" -Thoreau

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover" - Mark Twain

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    slizz..that entire article was amazing....**** near got it memorized

Gives me chills when i read it, he has a way with words

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    "They can kill you but they can't eat you 'cause that's against the rules!" John Wayne WWII movie.

If you don't stand for anything you will fall for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    "They can kill you but they can't eat you 'cause that's against the rules!" John Wayne WWII movie.

If you don't stand for anything you will fall for everything.

goood old john wayne

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    "If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."

-Vince Lombardi

worldknown is offline Banned
    "the lord giveth and i taketh"

I like the vince lombardi quotes

Mr.Magoo is offline Junior Member
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.

Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magoo
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.

Aristotle

thats one of my favorite quotes of all time

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    "everyday is a school day"

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    'what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger'

'this is what we do.it's who we are. if you can't make the commitment bow out of the game. simple as that. you can be average like the rest and no one will notice, care, or think less of you for doing so, but don't talk about what you are going to do. no one likes a talker.get it together now.not tomorrow, next week, next month.....you have no one to blame but yourself if you stay in the condition you say you are in.' ~ partyboynyc

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'" ~Leon

'Push the falling, crush the crawling. The world has no place for feable minded and weak' ~ bdtr

"What the @#$% was that?" - Mayor Of Hiroshima, 1945

"Scattered @#$%ing showers....My ass!" - Noah, 4314 BC

"Geez, I didn't think they'd get this @%#*^ing mad.!!" - Sadaam Hussein, 2003.

"Hey, the shire called. They want their communal homosexual hobbit back." ~ rambo

i've got more 'inspirational' ones saved in an email somewhere but it would take a while to find them....

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    "the key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - St. Augustine.

and no, i'm not religious... but i do have that quote tattooed on my arm in script/

i think its the best quote to live life by.

that and...

"Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell."

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Maybe in life we have to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us. The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had. It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives. Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours. It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone. Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile. There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real! Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do. May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy. Always put yourself in others' shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person, too. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying. ~unknown

CrossroadS is offline Associate Member

Lynyrd Skynyrd's simple man

Mama told me when I was young
    Come sit beside me, my only son
    And listen closely to what I say.
    And if you do this
    It will help you some sunny day.
    Take your time... don’t live too fast,
    Troubles will come and they will pass.
    Go find a woman and you’ll find love,
    And don’t forget son,
    There is someone up above.

(chorus)
    And be a simple kind of man.
    Be something you love and understand.
    Be a simple kind of man.
    Won’t you do this for me son,
    If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man’s gold
    All that you need is in your soul,
    And you can do this if you try.
    All that I want for you my son,
    Is to be satisfied.

(chorus)

Boy, don’t you worry... you’ll find yourself.
    Follow you heart and nothing else.
    And you can do this if you try.
    All I want for you my son,
    Is to be satisfied.

(chorus)

CrossroadS is offline Associate Member

Only two things

Only two things in this world are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I am not so sure about the first. - Einstein

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    long term desires are more important than short term conveniences

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    "The weak are the most treacherous of us all. They come to the strong and drain them. They are bottomless. They are insatiable. They are always parched and always bitter. They are everyone's concern and like vampires they suck our life's blood."
    -- Bette Davis

“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – Victorious.” Vince Lombardi

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit."
    Quaker philosopher Elton Trueblood:

Invictus
    Out of the night that covers me, black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud, under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade, and yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

BDTR is offline Retired
    Holy ****, im quotable now.

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    'Push the falling, crush the crawling. The world has no place for feable minded and weak' ~ bdtr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information