symatech is offline Retired Moderator

OMG they are fkin everywhere!!!!

nobody is safe. at least not me. tell me this -seriously i'd really like to know-.

recently I moved cities, and obviously got a new phone. I kid you not, the same day I got my phone connected the VERY SAME DAY I start getting calls from telemarketers. My number is unlisted, and the calls have exponentially increased. It used to be 1 call a day from the same **** computer/telemarketer at roughly the same time. Now i get ~7-10 calls perday. From random telemarketers. only about 3 of the calls I have received were from people, who after about the gazillionth time of me telling them to stop calling me finally have *knock on wood*.

So please, enlighten me, how can I get this to stop. And how the hell did they get my phone number the day it was connected???? I am a patient man but these fools are trying my patience. Im going to the store for some fruit so I can release my anger a la bdtr style.

thanks.

lukeduke01 is offline Junior Member
    Hey man, go to www.donotcall.gov Its the governments do not call list. Each person can put up to 3 numbers in and its ILLEGAL for telemarketers to call you. Enjoy....now ive got to take the General out for a spin.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    The person who used to have your phone number is probably on a call list. And the list gets sold over and over and over again to different telemarketing companies. Change your number.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The person who used to have your phone number is probably on a call list. And the list gets sold over and over and over again to different telemarketing companies. Change your number.
    ahhh that makes sense. is there a fee to change my phone number?

luke thanks for the link!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Or just be extremely profane when they call. You can always tell its them when you say hello and theres a pause and a click. As soon as you start to hear this, scream into the phone so when the person comes on they get a scream in the ear. Then continue w/ the sailor talk.

Thread Information