Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553

    Doom3 Game Released

    I don't know how many of you played Doom or Doom2. Doom3 is out.

    http://www.doom3.com/

  2. #2
    bubbathegut's Avatar
    bubbathegut is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    PLZ dont IM me 4 Source's
    Posts
    754
    i have a copy but havent had a chance to play it yet. i heard its not good to play alone and at night...

  3. #3
    Dally's Avatar
    Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    FULLY NUDE!!!...call me!
    Posts
    3,734
    Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    I don't know how many of you played Doom or Doom2. Doom3 is out.

    http://www.doom3.com/

    WICKED WICKED WICKED SOOO WICKED

    DYING for half life 2

    that is a SICK game.

  4. #4
    bubbathegut's Avatar
    bubbathegut is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    PLZ dont IM me 4 Source's
    Posts
    754
    i am thinking that half-life 2 will never come out, and if it does it wont be as good as they hyped it up to be...

  5. #5
    ChiTownTommy's Avatar
    ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    depends
    Posts
    1,121
    I got a pirated one like aug 1st or something. Been playing single player. My brother has a wicked pc. AMD 64, FX 5900, gig of ram. and it runs on 1024x768 on low settings fine. 800x600 in medium. and 640x480 on medium and high. I tried ultra high, but too many monsters. And its not even scary. I been playing it on the hardest mode, veteran or whatever. Just be glad its not like the suffering and your flash light runs out of batteries. Im in Hell right now, all you do is run around and kill monsters, there are no objectives.

    They jacked a few ideas from hl and halo. they took the health pack machines from hl, the shotgun and rifle is the same as in halo.

    overall on high settings the game is amazing looking. i can run it on low everything in 640x480 on my other brothers pc, its only like athlon 2400, gf3 ti200, and 512mb ram. I only have it to see how well HL2/CS:Source will run on my pc.

  6. #6
    sinista63's Avatar
    sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    300
    this game is badass... too bad i played it for about an hour, died, and realized that i hadn't saved in about 45 minutes. time to practically start over

  7. #7
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    Awesome. Will pick up a copy tomorrow! Been waiting a year for this to come out.

  8. #8
    LM1332 Guest
    Doom is the original Halo,HL, and CS combined. The whole point of Doom is just to run around and shoot monsters. Want objectives go play HL, Far Cry, The Suffering, and Theif III oh and dont forget Deus Ex(original is better)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    I got a pirated one like aug 1st or something. Been playing single player. My brother has a wicked pc. AMD 64, FX 5900, gig of ram. and it runs on 1024x768 on low settings fine. 800x600 in medium. and 640x480 on medium and high. I tried ultra high, but too many monsters. And its not even scary. I been playing it on the hardest mode, veteran or whatever. Just be glad its not like the suffering and your flash light runs out of batteries. Im in Hell right now, all you do is run around and kill monsters, there are no objectives.

    They jacked a few ideas from hl and halo. they took the health pack machines from hl, the shotgun and rifle is the same as in halo.

    overall on high settings the game is amazing looking. i can run it on low everything in 640x480 on my other brothers pc, its only like athlon 2400, gf3 ti200, and 512mb ram. I only have it to see how well HL2/CS:Source will run on my pc.

  9. #9
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    I loved the original Doom on PC...I'll check it out

  10. #10
    Psychotron's Avatar
    Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,581
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    Doom is the original Halo,HL, and CS combined. The whole point of Doom is just to run around and shoot monsters. Want objectives go play HL, Far Cry, The Suffering, and Theif III oh and dont forget Deus Ex(original is better)
    The gameplay of running around shooting people is original to Doom, sure great. But ideas like health stations that you click on and they give you health was jacked from HL. Either way HL2 will be a better game.

  11. #11
    Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Aukland, NZ
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    Doom is the original Halo,HL, and CS combined.
    Exactly. I remember playing the original Doom on my brand new 486-dx 33mhz.... Fu*k that was a long time ago... How cool though.

    Waaaaaay before it's time. It was the Halo of the early 90's.
    Last edited by Gearhead007; 08-07-2004 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Alzheimers... I forgot something.

  12. #12
    Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    171
    They're making a movie, Doom, based on the video game. Word has it the bigwigs in charge want The Rock to play the leading role, but he might not because he is filming 2 other movies.

  13. #13
    helios's Avatar
    helios is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    perdition
    Posts
    463
    Who remembers wolfenstein 3D??? Now that was the original shoot-em up. You would run around killing Nazis and german shepards, and hitler in his robot suit or whatever the hell that thing was.

  14. #14
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    they made that game after me u know...lol

  15. #15
    mass junkie's Avatar
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    on the net
    Posts
    8,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    they made that game after me u know...lol
    you mean like you're an ugly monster who needs to be hunted down and shot

  16. #16
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    you mean like you're an ugly monster who needs to be hunted down and shot
    yea, just like the migets in the wizard of oz are based loosly on you... they walk alot smoother than you though...hahah

  17. #17
    Ketogenic's Avatar
    Ketogenic is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    4thdimension
    Posts
    70
    befor buying the game u should know that if u want to run it on high setting u should have a 256 mb nvidia or radeon vga card if u have a 128 mb u have to run in on medium settings

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the dip rack.
    Posts
    1,360
    Halo 2 will own anything and everything every created....

  19. #19
    RATM's Avatar
    RATM is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    somewhere in reality
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    yea, just like the migets in the wizard of oz are based loosly on you... they walk alot smoother than you though...hahah
    toooo funny.

    is this #3 for PC only??

  20. #20
    LM1332 Guest
    Halo 2 should be good but i dout it will be better then HL2

  21. #21
    Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    Halo 2 should be good but i dout it will be better then HL2

    yeah, no doubt about it... Half-Life 2 is still one of the all-time games i have ever played. Halo is great, but doesnt hold a candle to Half life

  22. #22
    Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350
    not even out in the uk yet.

  23. #23
    LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    yeah, no doubt about it... Half-Life 2 is still one of the all-time games i have ever played. Halo is great, but doesnt hold a candle to Half life
    HL is not out any where yet. But what i didnt like about Halo is that all levels look the same no veriety

  24. #24
    Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    171
    oh, i meant half-life, the first one. not half life 2, lol

  25. #25
    LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    oh, i meant half-life, the first one. not half life 2, lol
    haha its aight bro i know what you meant and my post was to a previous dude from UK

  26. #26
    Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    haha its aight bro i know what you meant and my post was to a previous dude from UK
    sorry iwas talking about doom 3 not out in the uk yet.

  27. #27
    AandF6969's Avatar
    AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,387
    Yeah I just downloaded Doom 3... for free, no big deal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •