Thread: Anyone Wonder?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone Wonder?

....If Honest Abe would have lost the Civil War, and the south ceded from the Union?

Thoughts?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ....If Honest Abe would have lost the Civil War, and the south ceded from the Union?

Thoughts?
    We would all be dressing like Coronial Sanders and someone else would be mowing my lawn this afternoon lol

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

We would all be dressing like Coronial Sanders and someone else would be mowing my lawn this afternoon lol
    It's "Colonel"
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    It's "Colonel"
    I can officially blame that one on spell check

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

I can officially blame that one on spell check
    The auto correct on this iPhone pisses me off
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The auto correct on this iPhone pisses me off
    Apple in general pisses me off!

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member

Thoughts?
    Lol, I think I am having déjà vu.

Would Abraham Lincoln still be the face on the penny?

Jayprice is offline Junior Member
    Would Abraham Lincoln still be the face on the penny?
    Or 5 dollar bill?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hope they put Obama on the $500 so I wont have to worry about ever owning one. lol

I think things would have gone the same way it just may have taken longer or maybe it would not have morphed into all this civil liberties, EEO and people with certain ethnic backgrounds being able to sue over past discrimination and accept it as just we are still progressing and evolving.

^ the concept of reparation, as you are alluding to, is a confusing one. From a legal standpoint, the debts of our parents die with our parents. So why is it we must pay for the sins of our parents?

^ the concept of reparation, as you are alluding to, is a confusing one. From a legal standpoint, the debts of our parents die with our parents. So why is it we must pay for the sins of our parents?
    That's my question and point exactly; We shouldn't have to pay for the sins (questionable if it was a sin or not) of our parents. I think all this being able to blame someones current situation on something that happened 100+ years ago is ridiculous and is only keeping discrimination alive and thriving for the most part.

I've heard on some conservative radio shows that a reparation, of sorts, has been paid.
    They are referring to the welfare system and the Equal Opportunity Laws that are in place.

What do you blokes think?

I've heard on some conservative radio shows that a reparation, of sorts, has been paid.
    They are referring to the welfare system and the Equal Opportunity Laws that are in place.

What do you blokes think?
    I dont think that was the intent of either system being put into place but they have been taken advantage of and turned into a burden on the rest of society and used as tools for certain groups to take advantage and profit from financially and politically instead of using the system to make sure it does not take advantage or individuals.

There are extremest on both sides.

I agree LB.

I think one of our biggest problems is the impact illegal drugs has on the family unit. This is the problem faced by many inner city families. Criminalizing drugs turns bread winners into criminals, and breaks up families.

True, I think divorce, single parent families impacts more than most will admit even the 2 parent income. There are always reasons/excuses but bottom line is kids need 2 parents influence.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    I don't agree with reparations but here is one legit reason why: it isn't paying for the sins of our parents - it is paying the descendants for benefits we still receive today. This country is what it is partially because it was built on the backs of a few minority groups.

I always had a hard time with reparations because my people haven't been here long and had nothing to do with slavery. The above explanation was given to me and it made sense (whether I think it is appropriate or not).

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    That perpetuates itself too.

Jefferson Davis would be on the CSA penny.
    Robert E. Lee would be on the 5.
    Stonewall Jackson on the 20.

Weird twilight zone version of what might have been! bazaaro world!

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post

That reminded me of a movie where someone had gone to an alternative reality and was trying to get back to their own. Every time they tried they would end up in one a little bit or sometimes a lot different.

I cant remember what it was called and researching google has brought up nothing. It was sort of like a mix of lost in space and Quantum Leap.

Ha I finally found it.
    Sliders

Last edited by lovbyts; 07-07-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member

Thoughts?
    That's a tough question but a good one. No way to prove it, but I would not be surprised if it led to more wars between the two sides for decades and decades to come and in the end the north probably would have won.

The North was still on the path of true liberty and economic freedom, while the South was going towards some weird hybrid aristocratic/free economy and society, which will not yield as much prosperity. The North would have recovered and the end result would be one whole nation, but probably more hatred between the two sides.

You're right, it is very confusing. Since I learned a few weeks ago that the first slave in the U.S. was a black man owned by a black man, I've started digging into this a little more.

From theroot.com a website that focused on black culture:
    Black Slave Owners: Did They Exist?

*In 1830 3,776 free black men owned 12,907 black slaves. That's 130 alone and does not take into account the previous 200 years or the following 30. The idea of blacks owning black slaves is something that has not been talked about in U.S. history for whatever reason. We're just now learning what the stats are but if you look at this website, whenever we do find out the total numbers I would it looks like it's going to be very high.

So here's the question...do blacks today who have ancestors that owned slaves owe anyone reparations?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That's my question and point exactly; We shouldn't have to pay for the sins (questionable if it was a sin or not) of our parents. I think all this being able to blame someones current situation on something that happened 100+ years ago is ridiculous and is only keeping discrimination alive and thriving for the most part.
    If we owe for our parents sins, Italy owes every person from every country on earth a big fat check. I think we'd all agree that would be insanely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    You're right, it is very confusing. Since I learned a few weeks ago that the first slave in the U.S. was a black man owned by a black man, I've started digging into this a little more.

From theroot.com a website that focused on black culture:
    Black Slave Owners: Did They Exist?

*In 1830 3,776 free black men owned 12,907 black slaves. That's 130 alone and does not take into account the previous 200 years or the following 30. The idea of blacks owning black slaves is something that has not been talked about in U.S. history for whatever reason. We're just now learning what the stats are but if you look at this website, whenever we do find out the total numbers I would it looks like it's going to be very high.

So here's the question...do blacks today who have ancestors that owned slaves owe anyone reparations?
    As I said before, that's all information that will never make it to the main stream media and is quickly being erased from all history books.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    As I said before, that's all information that will never make it to the main stream media and is quickly being erased from all history books.
    I first heard the slave stats about blacks owning blacks on Glenn Beck's program. When I heard it I had to start digging around. I like Beck, I know many here hate him, but he sure has a way of telling exactly what will happen. His track record isn't perfect but pretty close and much closer than anyone else I can think of.

And I love this little stat, before Beck's network launched, it already had more subscribers than Oprah's network. It now has more viewers than numerous considered mainstream news outlets. And he's also earning more money than anyone else in that business by far.

I know, I know, Beck haters will say prove it. Well, look it up, it's not hard to do. One of the things I love about Beck is he always says "don't take my word for it, do your own homework." And nearly every time you do he is dead on the money.

I also love how Beck haters have 99% of the time never listened to him, watched his shows, radio, websites...nothing! But they hate him because some retard on MSNBC said he was bad.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post

It never would've happened. The CSA didn't have a solid federal government. They were more like independent states that were in a confederation. Creating a national banking system and a federal reserve would be against the law in the CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cluso View Post
    This is why people dislike the man, fake crying. Glenn Beck Behind The Scenes - YouTube
    You say that with a tone as to imply most people don't like him when that's anything but true. The left has done all it could to destroy that man but he continues to be the most successful man in that field year after year.

As for that video, Beck has for years fake cried to mock others and he's also really cried. Before that video came out Beck has talked about this (the fake crying) but people only pay attention to the part they want to pay attention to.

Thread Information