illuzions is offline Associate Member

update from hernia surgery!

hey guys just wanted to drop a message for all you guys who replied to my thread about having surgery for my hernia problem...surgery went fine...i had it this past monday aug. 2nd....i was out cold ...i dont remember anything..but now the recovery process begins..its been about 4 days and i can walk a lil bit, but still very sore....doc says i can work out in about 3 months or soo...should be able to drive next week...sux because i cant straigten up and im cramping up...my doc prescribed some percets and they are definitly helping....just have to take it easy...for any of you guys who have had it done, do u have any post surgery suggestions for me...slowly but surely ill be back in action....

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

max-it is offline Member
    Get all the pain meds you can because when they run out you need to be well into your recovery in order to avoid the worst of the pain. Percs are strong so you may want to continue on a milder medication like vic or tyl3

yea i will be stocked up....

decadbal is offline Banned
    glad to see your ok enough to sit and type, take your time and heal bro.

yea i can sit for a lil bit then i start to have some discomfort...thanx for the reply

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    Did you get the mesh patch?

yes i did get the mesh ....the doctor told me it was bigger than he thought...hopefully that will keep the sucker in there!!!!!

detroit is offline Banned
    Hey pal i just had hernia surgery too on Aug 4th. Here's my post Hernia surgery tomorrow
    I even posted a pic of the scar too...lol I cant believe how fast i am recovering, people were telling me i wouldnt walk for a week, i was walking the day after. Actually yesterday i went to the bar with a few friends, it was more comfortable to stand than sit though. My doc told me to be a little active and not to sit around so that my abs dont atrophy, because once it heals and you have to streach out its going to hurt like hell. Better to keep them loose while they heal. Anyway best of luck to you, ill keep in touch to see how your doing. Later...Det, what ever you do dont sneeze...Ooooouh.

Quote Originally Posted by illuzions
    hey guys just wanted to drop a message for all you guys who replied to my thread about having surgery for my hernia problem...surgery went fine...i had it this past monday aug. 2nd....i was out cold ...i dont remember anything..but now the recovery process begins..its been about 4 days and i can walk a lil bit, but still very sore....doc says i can work out in about 3 months or soo...should be able to drive next week...sux because i cant straigten up and im cramping up...my doc prescribed some percets and they are definitly helping....just have to take it easy...for any of you guys who have had it done, do u have any post surgery suggestions for me...slowly but surely ill be back in action....

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery bro! i hope everything goes well! rest up

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Vicadin is better!

thanx for all the replys guys...this recovery is a helluva better with all this input...i am walking today alot more than i was this past week...i just cant wait to drive....thanx again.....

Thread Information