Garbage pickers lets unite......

....ok i admit....i'm a garbage picker....Well...hmmm ya sorta...well i dont go thru it bag by bag but if I see something good laying out i'll pick it up...Case in point. picking up my daughter yesturday (she and her mother live in a nicer area) a few streets over theres the stationary bike out with a free sign on it..so i got my daughter went past again and picked it up....Its electronic with automatic and manual resistance levels...the name brand is Pro-Form 760...now it sets infront of the tv so hopefully i can motivate myself to get up 30 min earlier and my loss some fat off the Phatt 1..anyone else find good things?? remember 1 mans trash is another mans tresure...

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude i hate people like you lol, jusk kidding. but my dad is the same way and it urks the sh-t out of me. so much that id like to go in his house and throw all the crap out. he is just a pack rat and i am soo much the opposite. ill look at something and if i havent used it in the last month or so i throw it out. pictures, books, all types of crap. i throw it out. im a minimalist if thats a thing lol.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    dude i hate people like you lol, jusk kidding. but my dad is the same way and it urks the sh-t out of me. so much that id like to go in his house and throw all the crap out. he is just a pack rat and i am soo much the opposite. ill look at something and if i havent used it in the last month or so i throw it out. pictures, books, all types of crap. i throw it out. im a minimalist if thats a thing lol.
    Yeah, but he's not talking about being a pack-rat. He just takes good sh!t that other people put in the trash. BTW I'm a total garbage picker too, so STAY OUT OF MY NEIGHBORHOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Yeah, but he's not talking about being a pack-rat. He just takes good sh!t that other people put in the trash. BTW I'm a total garbage picker too, so STAY OUT OF MY NEIGHBORHOOD!
    well my dad is a pack rat and a garbage picker, i hate both idea's lol. i figure id rather just make enough money to buy what i need and not have to get it out of the trash. i dont know, but i think its cause i never see my dad getting anything good out of the trash.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    well my dad is a pack rat and a garbage picker, i hate both idea's lol. i figure id rather just make enough money to buy what i need and not have to get it out of the trash. i dont know, but i think its cause i never see my dad getting anything good out of the trash.
    Some of the richest people I know (including multi-millionares) get good stuff out of the trash. It's a sickness, you have to accept us for who we are!

BTW my latest conquests are a 19 inch Dell monitor and 2 chairs for my balcony.
    Last edited by MMC78; 08-08-2004 at 08:35 PM.

Some of the richest people I know (including multi-millionares) get good stuff out of the trash. It's a sickness, you have to accept us for who we are!

BTW my latest conquests are a 19 inch Dell monitor and 2 chairs for my balcony.
    haha, you guys are nuts, but i must say even i might have grabbed the dell monitor

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    theres usually an undisclosed catch that comes along with that 'free' sign..2 months ago me and my buddies were driving and we came a cross a fridge on someones lawn that said "FREE FRIDGE-IT WORKS" so we grabbed it and took it back 2 my buddies house..sure enough, it didnt work at all..so we gathered up whatever trash we could find in his garage, threw it all in his van, went 2 this guys house and scattered the **** all over his lawn along with his fridge, that had a new sign, baring this statement
    "HONESTY IS A VIRTUE. EXERCISE IT, OR GET **** DUMPED ALL OVER YOUR LAWN. JACKAL." it was kinda fun...but taught me something about picking up trash...you get what you pay for.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate that- everyday I see the moroccans picking through my garbage.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Good ole dumpster diving...i'm there!!

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    used to love going to the dump with my dad to see what i could salvage. I was sure there were top quality goods just waiting to be found

wildcatslady is offline Female Member
    I still do that with my dad, we go to the local dump every now and again, and we find some good stuff sometimes, we found a fu-ton that needed a little welding and is as good as new now. have three lamps that we fixed and are really nice, found computer parts in there one day some were still usable and sold them at comp repair shop, found the comp chair I use in there too a while back. lots of good stuff if you like fixing things. no different than owning an antique shop or a junk car lot or something like that.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    LOL the day I search through garbage is the day hell freezes over.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i used to own a private garbage company with my dad. When i was a kid he used to bring me home all kinda goodies. Pinball machine, big wheel, green machine and a few other goodies. My guys would find all kinda stuff. People would hide stuff they wanted to steal in the garabge containers. My guys would get there sometimes before they had a chance to get it. My guys knew anything they found they had to run it by my dad and i.... We had first dibbs....

OG

max-it is offline Member
    I can't help but think of those "Save the children" commercials reading about you guys picking through the trash lol. I don't do it but I can't say that I wouldn't pick something up if I needed. Usually I walk right pass the peoples garbage and go pick through there house instead, f*ckers always keeping the best sh!t for themselves, serves them right.

I need to be more like you......

.....I'm a pack rat too.i save sh*t i havent used in ages..my attitude is like.."well---you never knoooow"...but i have begun to throw some things out...the 4-5-6 yr not used things....haaaaa

.Seattle huh...hmmm

Hey MMC78---ahhh 'what day is your garbage day??'

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I have never picked thru garbage, but I often rummage thru junkyards for parts, so I suppose that qualifies... I have made some good finds there... for little money... well worth the time....

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR PHATT ASS
    ....ok i admit....i'm a garbage picker....Well...hmmm ya sorta...well i dont go thru it bag by bag but if I see something good laying out i'll pick it up...Case in point. picking up my daughter yesturday (she and her mother live in a nicer area) a few streets over theres the stationary bike out with a free sign on it..so i got my daughter went past again and picked it up....Its electronic with automatic and manual resistance levels...the name brand is Pro-Form 760...now it sets infront of the tv so hopefully i can motivate myself to get up 30 min earlier and my loss some fat off the Phatt 1..anyone else find good things?? remember 1 mans trash is another mans tresure...

HAHA YOU TOOK MY BIKE

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    its garbage for a reason

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I dumster dive. Not so much digging thru ****, but if I see something I want, I'll go get my truck and grab it.

....bike?? ....

Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    HAHA YOU TOOK MY BIKE
    ....lets see...thats was thurs, last week--12 speed, blue racer right?..

Thread Information