Elysium is offline Productive Member

You guys think they actually look nice right?

Hey all

Ive been watching alot of this MR O stuff and all this major competitions, these guys have like no fat, you can see EVERY muscle possible, even on their a$$. I dunno i just think it looks absolutly disgusting i would hate to look like ronnie, it looks just horrible, doesnt look healthy at all, doesnt look comfortable.

theres one black dude i saw with perfect abs, symetry and all. think he looked good, good size, i mean i wanna be big, most people do, but not that big that it just looks nasty

just my views, dunno if anyone knows where im comin from?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i obviously follow the pro stuff, but

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Hey all

Ive been watching alot of this MR O stuff and all this major competitions, these guys have like no fat, you can see EVERY muscle possible, even on their a$$. I dunno i just think it looks absolutly disgusting i would hate to look like ronnie, it looks just horrible, doesnt look healthy at all, doesnt look comfortable.

theres one black dude i saw with perfect abs, symetry and all. think he looked good, good size, i mean i wanna be big, most people do, but not that big that it just looks nasty

just my views, dunno if anyone knows where im comin from?
    i'm a bigger fan of the NPC and mainly the bantams through the lightheavys after that it becomes some what of a freak show IMO. i'll take a guy like stanmcquay's physique anyday over a superheavy's

yea, i mean yea well done to jay/ronnie and co, but i think thats far too big, looks horrible, i dont think it looks attractive at all. i have an idea how they judge the comps, but lookin over the years its got worse... when arnys day was around they all looked healthy and looked leans and good. now its just plain horrible

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    isnt stan mcquay in muscletech adverts? Hes as big as most pros!
    Personally i would love to be as big as Ruhl! I just wouldnt be willing to take all the supplements he does!

decadbal is offline Banned
    i wanna be that big and in time will be... i think its beyond a display of dedication and hard work to achieve that size with that BF level.. being a smaller bodybuilder is like being in a AF add...boring to me

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    isnt stan mcquay in muscletech adverts? Hes as big as most pros!
    Personally i would love to be as big as Ruhl! I just wouldnt be willing to take all the supplements he does!

totally disagree Ruhl looks nasty in my opinion, i mean yea well done for working so hard to achieve the results i respect that, but i mean, i would like a nice body, muscly, lean and quite big but not too big tha i cant go out and buy nice clothes, and my legs being too big that i cant wear nice jeans. you know what i mean?

betatest is offline Associate Member
    totally disagree Ruhl looks nasty in my opinion, i mean yea well done for working so hard to achieve the results i respect that, but i mean, i would like a nice body, muscly, lean and quite big but not too big tha i cant go out and buy nice clothes, and my legs being too big that i cant wear nice jeans. you know what i mean?
    Just be careful you don't take the same gear dosages they do, work your ass off in the gym, and consume a sh!tload food, and you'll be just fine.

Yea i know what kind of levels they are on, and to be honest i probably couldnt afford to buy as much gear as they use!!!

I work hard down the gym, im concious of being not too big, i work on my legs but not overly, i dont really like legs that are too big, dont like big quads, like to wear nice jeans.

spose some people workout just to workout and get big, some workout to look good, some work out to win comps, spose some people do it for all of them?

betatest is offline Associate Member
    spose some people workout just to workout and get big, some workout to look good, some work out to win comps, spose some people do it for all of them?
    There's no doubt in my mind about that. To each his own.

i just want to be a big ****ing freak. Its never gonna happen but i would love to be like that. In my mind thats how i should look and im currently trying to correct my situation. Just like a transexual is born with the wrong sex, i feel i have been born with the wrong size body Altho i dont mind passing on the gut!

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I think the pros these days are too big. I like the way they used to look -- like in Pumping Iron.

Its really an entirely different sport these days. Larry Scott wouldnt even qualify for an NPC ranking let alone get a pro card. Does ronnie look better then Arnie and Larry? Personally id love to look like sergio. He was something like 5ft10 and 240. Thats massive and totally before his time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You guys think they actually look nice right?-olympia.jpg  

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I agree....some of it is starting to look like a freak show. I have utmost respect for their accomplishments....but not very intrerested in the look. What I really can't get into are the huge female bb's....again, respect for their work....just not a look I can get into....IMO....

peace,

ttgb

lukeduke01 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    I agree....some of it is starting to look like a freak show. I have utmost respect for their accomplishments....but not very intrerested in the look. What I really can't get into are the huge female bb's....again, respect for their work....just not a look I can get into....IMO....

peace,

ttgb
    I agree, I dont like the big blocky guys, I really like Richard Jones' physique and back to pumping iron.... I think the guys name was Robby Robinson(the black guy whos wife was freaking out), he looked freakin awesome.
    Oh, and I hope I wasnt the only person who saw this, but there was something on the discovery channel a few years ago and Stan McQuay was on it(I remember all the tattoos) To make a long story short, McQuay said he was natural. Do you think he was/still is?
    Last edited by lukeduke01; 08-09-2004 at 09:47 AM. Reason: left info out

saboudian is offline Senior Member

I work hard down the gym, im concious of being not too big, i work on my legs but not overly, i dont really like legs that are too big, dont like big quads, like to wear nice jeans.
    Every now and then, someone will come up to me and tell me that they're afraid they will get to big. LOL. As if its just going to happen over night, and then you're turn into gunter. It also seems to blow their mind when i tell them that they wouldn't be able to get to pro size big even if they wanted to.

Bro, just work your azz off, get to your goal as fast as you can, its a heck of alot easier to lose muscle if it comes down to it, but only in rare cases have i have ever seen anyone purposely want to lose muscle. The more you sit there and hold yourself back, the more you are just spinning your wheels, and thats when all progress stops.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    i mixed in my opinion on this, i like the big ron freaky look, but i also like how arnold, zane, and franco did back in the day, but i will say that i wouldn't mind at all looking like ronnie, jay, demayo, etc...

Thread Information