justaname is offline Junior Member

Which do think is the least important.

Concerning what I believe to be the three main components of training Recovery, nutrition and of course the actuall training. Which one does everyone think is least important?
    I think it is nutrition certainly I feel the stagering caloric numbers and grams of protien people say they consume in order to gain while on or off gear are just not needed. I have been training for about 16 years most of the time naturally and have found that most people can eat garbage (not 6000 calories worth daily either) and as long as they train hard and get plenty of rest can do very well... but take rest or hard training out and they go no where fast. The rest factor being the most important and elusive most people just dont get enough rest...people will say I get enough sleep right after they say how tired they are...if you are truly getting enough rest you wont be tired..What does everyone think??

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justaname
    What does everyone think??

i think your funny.....nutrition is just as important if not more that training and rest.....its like driving with a flat....you need all 4 tires to get where your going....if ones flat then you may get a mile or two but i doubt you'll get where you want to be.....unless you don't sets your sights very high....then you'll be fine.....

Danielle is offline Female Member
    disagree......i actually believe its the total opposite..........i never saw changes until i started eating right........

wait until SwoleCat sees this one..........hehehe
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say rest(like in sleep) is the least important one of the 3.

I have horrible sleep problems but can usualy gain good anyway if I just eat and juice good and train smart.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Wow, where have you guys been? The single most important component is cell-tech, if you got that you don't even need the other three.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    disagree......i actually believe its the total opposite..........i never saw changes until i started eating right........

wait until SwoleCat sees this one..........hehehe
    Hahha, exactly........

1) Nutrition
    2) Workout
    3) Rest

Actually, 2 and 3 may be different for different people, however no one is going to progress and CHANGE w/out RAW MATERIALS being ingested in the form of food/aka nutrition.

~SC~

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    nutrition too in my opinion, eat big to get big

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    WTF are you talking about you wont gain $hit if you eat 50g protein a day and 2000 calories... unless its your first 6 months of working out in your life

decadbal is offline Banned
    dude, this has to be the biggest i dont know jack shiit newbie thread ive read to date.. congrats

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I had the best results when I got like 3-4 hours of sleep, ate a big bowl of cocoa puffs in the morning in chocolate milk (for the protein of course). When it comes to training I like to not do any cardio, and have at least 6 reeses peanut butter cups before I do pilates and yoga.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I had the best results when I got like 3-4 hours of sleep, ate a big bowl of cocoa puffs in the morning in chocolate milk (for the protein of course). When it comes to training I like to not do any cardio, and have at least 6 reeses peanut butter cups before I do pilates and yoga.

LMAO

Don't forget the alcohol every day! Apparently if youre a sprinter it helps!!

listen It was a serious question and thank you to those of you who gave serious answers. I take offense to the dont know jack **** newbie thread comment not that you care but anyways. One does of course need to maintain a minimum standard of nutrition and perhaps my minimum is higher than some... I dont know. I just know it has been my personal experience that if I get enough sleep which is hard to do I can slack on my diet and still progress in the gym. or vice versa but I there is no way I am gonna get anywhere without solid training. Also like I said before I have been traing for a while and most of it has been natural and I know it is a different ballgame once you are 60 or 80 lbs over your natural training limit but I have never been there so that is why I asked.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    LMAO

Don't forget the alcohol every day! Apparently if youre a sprinter it helps!!

but make sure its michelob ultra!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    It's like a car, you can't go any where without gas. Food/Nutrition provides the fuel for your workouts. I have THE WORST WORKOUTS on days I do not eat enough calories. If your goal is to gain muscle, all 3 nutrition/workout/recovery are essential.

My friends call me lazy because all I do is sleep. Every chance I get. On weekends I wake up, have a big meal then lay down on the couch or back in bed, it may take awhile but I eventually will go back to sleep. I'll wake up, then repeat. I do this the entire weekend.

I am not saying nutrition is unimportant you know maybe I should make it the 4 components by adding consume moderate amounts of gear because without that one the other three are sort of besides the point...once you have trained for a few years good and hard you are going no where further without number 4.

decadbal is offline Banned
    this thread should be deleted so that other no nothing newbs dont become misguided..

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    this thread should be deleted so that other no nothing newbs dont become misguided..

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Hey bro. Not ripping on you but you say you have been training for 16 yrs and you are only 185. I believe you need to give nutrition another look.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Wow this is unbelievable. If you want good results I suggest you jump on the KFC and Chicken Chow Mein Diet. KFC > Nutrition, Rest, Workouts.

I am not saying nutrition is unimportant you know maybe I should make it the 4 components by adding consume moderate amounts of gear because without that one the other three are sort of besides the point...once you have trained for a few years good and hard you are going no where further without number 4.

OMG, so not true...........

Bad move/advice here.........newbies do not listen!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    Hey bro. Not ripping on you but you say you have been training for 16 yrs and you are only 185. I believe you need to give nutrition another look.
    Ditto. You don't need apply the #4 you were thinking of including, I'd focus my attention on a sterling dietary plan of attack, CONSISTENTLY, for years on end.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Wow this is unbelievable. If you want good results I suggest you jump on the KFC and Chicken Chow Mein Diet. KFC > Nutrition, Rest, Workouts.
    Very good advice. FILLED TO THE BRIM with good advice!
    ~SC~

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Very good advice. FILLED TO THE BRIM with good advice!
    ~SC~

SC I bought the All the Whey protein. Some good stuff bro. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    SC I bought the All the Whey protein. Some good stuff bro. Thanks!
    De nada homeskillet!

~SC~

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    You left out genetics...

Genetics are very important mine suck if I didnt train I would wiegh 140
    Last edited by justaname; 08-11-2004 at 09:53 AM.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Genetics are very important mine suck if I didnt train I would wiegh 140

Same here bro. I'm small compared to the big fellas on here, but I would be REALLY freakin small if I didn't work out and eat like a mofo

Thread Information