Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Meditation questions

My mind is realy always a negative mess and I would like to get controll of it all and Im very curious about different meditation techniques. But when searching for it on the net I get SO many hits that I dont even know where to begin.

Would love to get of the sleep pills cause the only thing ****ing upp my sleep is my racing mind

so if anyone here knows any good site that explains meditation to a beginner I would be gratefull. Or if you want to explain it all here in this thread I would be even more gratefull

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Yeah Im trying but if I dont take them it takes me 4-5 hours to fall asleep and thats just worse then eating them

I will check out those sites for sure bro. Thanks!

mustang331 is offline Member
    Take two unisom's and you will pass right out!

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Yeah Im trying but if I dont take them it takes me 4-5 hours to fall asleep and thats just worse then eating them

I will check out those sites for sure bro. Thanks!

Anytime bro! I know how u feel. I toss and turn for hours before i fall asleep sometimes. Dont take thins the wrong way, but u might have adult ADD? I read what ur saying is a symptom of it? Try Excedrin PM or something over the counter rather then sleeping pills...Good luck!

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Anytime bro! I know how u feel. I toss and turn for hours before i fall asleep sometimes. Dont take thins the wrong way, but u might have adult ADD? I read what ur saying is a symptom of it? Try Excedrin PM or something over the counter rather then sleeping pills...Good luck!

OG
    No worriest I dont take it the wrong way.
    I dont know the symptoms of adult ADD so cant tell. Will have to look into it. My mind has a way of racing alot but I can usual focus when I have to(like in class or similar situation). But if I am the slightest bored I have ALOT of problems to stay focused. On the other hand if something is interesting nothing can break my focus on the subject.

what is excedrin?? Maby not aviable in sweden or it just has a different name.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    volarian root and weed works for me

No worriest I dont take it the wrong way.
    I dont know the symptoms of adult ADD so cant tell. Will have to look into it. My mind has a way of racing alot but I can usual focus when I have to(like in class or similar situation). But if I am the slightest bored I have ALOT of problems to stay focused. On the other hand if something is interesting nothing can break my focus on the subject.

what is excedrin?? Maby not aviable in sweden or it just has a different name.

Ohh sorry bro...I didnt realize u were in Sweden.... Hey, do u know my Swedish brudda palme... Excedrin is a headache medicine like Tylenol or Aleve....They make a PM version that helps u fall asleep. Tylenol makes a PM version also.....

OG

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    volarian root and weed works for me
    I have no clue what volarian root is but I aggre on weed it makes me sleep like a baby.

but back to what this thread was about and that is meditations.

I just look at sleep medications and drugs as short term solutions to problems that needs fixing sooner or later. I just need to find a way to calm my head down

I have no clue what volarian root is but I aggre on weed it makes me sleep like a baby.

but back to what this thread was about and that is meditations.

I just look at sleep medications and drugs as short term solutions to problems that needs fixing sooner or later. I just need to find a way to calm my head down
    valarian root is an otc capsule that is used to help people sleep, they should sell it in sweeden at any vitamin shopp, but my mind races at night to bro, i will be dead ass tired and i will lie in bed for like 4 hours trying to fall asleep. than when i do fall asleep, i wake up every 10 minutes, it sucks

Ohh sorry bro...I didnt realize u were in Sweden.... Hey, do u know my Swedish brudda palme... Excedrin is a headache medicine like Tylenol or Aleve....They make a PM version that helps u fall asleep. Tylenol makes a PM version also.....

OG
    yeah I have talked to him quite a bit on icq But dont know him irl

will look into that but dont like things that are suposed to numb pain. most seem to be hard on the liver.

valarian root is an otc capsule that is used to help people sleep, they should sell it in sweeden at any vitamin shopp, but my mind races at night to bro, i will be dead ass tired and i will lie in bed for like 4 hours trying to fall asleep. than when i do fall asleep, i wake up every 10 minutes, it sucks
    sounds like me!! Thats what I want to get to the bottom with the mind racing. Not just eat things that temporarly numbs it.....

but will look into valarian root.

sounds like me!! Thats what I want to get to the bottom with the mind racing. Not just eat things that temporarly numbs it.....

melatonin works from what i have been told also, but i havent tried it

GABA is also very good bro. I use it and it works great for me....

GABA, or Gamma-Aminobutryic Acid, is a powerful amino acid that was first discovered in 1883 in Berlin. It is actually classified as a nearuotransmitter, which means it helps nerve impulses cross the synapses (gaps) and communicate better. GABA has a great number of positive effects on the nervous system.

In addition, GABA has some startling effects on promoting fat loss. How does this work? GABA stimulates the production of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). It is HGH that has been found in studies to facilitate the metabolism of fats in the body. HGH is also known for it’s powerful muscle-building effects. Awesome! Increasing HGH is definitely a good thing, especially for bodybuilders. HGH tends to decrease naturally with age, so the older you get, the harder it is to lose fat. That’s one reason GABA has become so popular.

Other studies have shown that GABA increases the body’s sleeping cycle and patients reported much more vivid dreams. Getting a good night’s sleep and obtaining more rest can lead to more energy throughout the day. Not to mention, increasing fat loss and promoting muscle growth also leads to an increase in energy. More energy feelings of vigor are common side effects of supplementing with GABA!

Last, GABA has been shown to be very effective in treating pain associated with arthritis or the lower back. Most scientific research indicates that the proper amounts of GABA to take per day is a minimum of 2 grams. Better results have been found when supplementing with 5 grams per day. For serious results, studies have found that supplementing between 5 and 18 grams works well. If GABA is being taken for fat loss, it’s best to take it about 2 hours before going to bed, since that is when production of HGH is the best. For pain support, GABA can be taken any time and be effective.

OG

gaba costs a arm and a leg in sweden. have to find a international supplement store that sells it cheap. I have very poor economy right now

gaba costs a arm and a leg in sweden. have to find a international supplement store that sells it cheap. I have very poor economy right now

Hey bro, i have a web site that will send internationally....I'll PM u with it...

OG

thanks bro

GABA is also very good bro. I use it and it works great for me....

GABA, or Gamma-Aminobutryic Acid, is a powerful amino acid that was first discovered in 1883 in Berlin. It is actually classified as a nearuotransmitter, which means it helps nerve impulses cross the synapses (gaps) and communicate better. GABA has a great number of positive effects on the nervous system.

In addition, GABA has some startling effects on promoting fat loss. How does this work? GABA stimulates the production of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). It is HGH that has been found in studies to facilitate the metabolism of fats in the body. HGH is also known for it’s powerful muscle-building effects. Awesome! Increasing HGH is definitely a good thing, especially for bodybuilders. HGH tends to decrease naturally with age, so the older you get, the harder it is to lose fat. That’s one reason GABA has become so popular.

Other studies have shown that GABA increases the body’s sleeping cycle and patients reported much more vivid dreams. Getting a good night’s sleep and obtaining more rest can lead to more energy throughout the day. Not to mention, increasing fat loss and promoting muscle growth also leads to an increase in energy. More energy feelings of vigor are common side effects of supplementing with GABA!

Last, GABA has been shown to be very effective in treating pain associated with arthritis or the lower back. Most scientific research indicates that the proper amounts of GABA to take per day is a minimum of 2 grams. Better results have been found when supplementing with 5 grams per day. For serious results, studies have found that supplementing between 5 and 18 grams works well. If GABA is being taken for fat loss, it’s best to take it about 2 hours before going to bed, since that is when production of HGH is the best. For pain support, GABA can be taken any time and be effective.

OG
    isnt that GHB?

isnt that GHB?

No. GABA is a supplement u can buy otc....

OG

No. GABA is a supplement u can buy otc....

OG
    oh, i thought GHB was gabba something, got them mixed up

plz let this thread get back on track. No more drug and medication talk. want to hear more about meditation from other members here on the board and if it has had a positive influence on there lifes

Thread Information