mustang331 is offline Member

GREAT!! how easy is it to get a restraining order??

Ok I don't need this **** in my life right now!!

But look at this thread

Called my ex sat. night due to "alcohol"

I was drunk sat. night and called her and cursed her out. Then we played text message back and forth, I called her some bad names, nothing more than that..

Well she just sent me an email and here is something she said in it.

" I have blocked you from my text mesg and will take the necessary steps to keep you from being able to contact me all together very soon."

I don't know what she means by it, but can she get a restraining order on me? Just from that? I mean it was the first time ever..

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Most states she will be able to get one from what you did, said or whatever.
    The criteria for one is usually as follows.
    #1 you have to be living with someone.
    #2 You or her admitts to a sexual relationship
    #3 Married

She'll be automaticly granted a temp RO then you'll both have to go to court and she'll have to tell the judge that she wants you to stay away from her. 99% of the time the judge will grant her wish and you'll be forced to stay away from her for a period of 1 yr.
    During this time if u do anything to contact her you'll be put in jail until you see a judge which can take up to 2 weeks so if she does get one just stay the hell away from her. Alot of judges these days hand out 6 month sentences for a first time offense so just stay away....

I had to get one on my ex 6 yrs ago so that's why I know about this subject.

So just from talking crap on the phone, and then tesing back and forth ( Which she did the same ) She can get one that easy huh??

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Get one on her

ttuPrincess Guest
    it was hella hard for me to get one in texas.. almost near impossible.. took lots of work , and then it really does nothing

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    **** I know a guy that got arrested for talking **** on the phone to his ex girlfriend. All she had to say was she was scared and BAM. He was in cuffs and in that back of the car the next day. Took his arse right out of work bro. They came into his work place and threw the cuffs on his arse. He was pissed. I (being the good friend I am) laughed my butt off at him.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    you need to go to court, go under oath, prove this person repeatlying is hassarring you.....and it takes a while......its not easy to get one
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Hmmmm actually you can get an anti-harrassment order against anyone as long as you can articulate to the judge that you are being harassed by the individual. A witness or two that over heard the convo and those saved text messsages prob won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Most states she will be able to get one from what you did, said or whatever.
    The criteria for one is usually as follows.
    #1 you have to be living with someone.
    #2 You or her admitts to a sexual relationship
    #3 Married

She'll be automaticly granted a temp RO then you'll both have to go to court and she'll have to tell the judge that she wants you to stay away from her. 99% of the time the judge will grant her wish and you'll be forced to stay away from her for a period of 1 yr.
    During this time if u do anything to contact her you'll be put in jail until you see a judge which can take up to 2 weeks so if she does get one just stay the hell away from her. Alot of judges these days hand out 6 month sentences for a first time offense so just stay away....

I had to get one on my ex 6 yrs ago so that's why I know about this subject.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Easy-if you can read, write, have a valid reason- and can express that reason to a magistrate and convince him that it is legit- it is possible.

Well guys, I went to the mall with someone yesterday who works with her, It seems she is just trying to figure a way to block my calls.. ( Which is funny I NEVER CALLED her until that "one" night ) Anway I also went a buddies house ( Who just became a lawyer ) we were talking about all the legal things.. She could get a temp. one for now, but we would have to go to court, and considering I have never saw her, threatened her, and only called her ONE time for 5 min. She would look foolish for it..

Besides that if she does it, I am going to counter sue ( Which I might do regardless ) for the 700.00 she ows me.. ( I have a written statement from her promising me to pay the amount of money 700.00 back, with her signature on the bottom )

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Looks like youre having a rough time getting over from this relationship. Can't you just drop it and leave her alone bro?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Mustang,
    You need to decide once and for all if you want to be with her or not. If you do a restraining order won't help things, and if you don't, why bother. If she isn't bothering you, why go through that pain in the ass. Also if you don't want her back, take her to small claims court, to get your $700 back. Any contact that you initiate with her, will be showing her that, either you want her back, or worse that you are hurting. Why give her the satisfaction?

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    If it was a bad relationship you got out of......$700 is getting off cheap

**** bro. if i were you just get the bitch out of your head. completely shut her the phuck out of your life, and you wont have sh!t like this to deal with.

Thread Information