elicotton is offline Associate Member

I need mental help.

Man, I'm just in some kinda frikin rut. It's hard for me to explain, but it's kinda like I'm just bored as hell with everything that I usually find pleasure or interest in. Nothing piques my interest. It's like I'll think about doing something or going to see someone, but once I start doing whatever, I'm just as dam bored as ever. It's driving me crazy. I won't to be interested and involved in SOMETHING, it's just that I can't figure out what it is.

Anybody tried one of those lobotomies?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Man, I'm just in some kinda frikin rut. It's hard for me to explain, but it's kinda like I'm just bored as hell with everything that I usually find pleasure or interest in. Nothing piques my interest. It's like I'll think about doing something or going to see someone, but once I start doing whatever, I'm just as dam bored as ever. It's driving me crazy. I won't to be interested and involved in SOMETHING, it's just that I can't figure out what it is.

Anybody tried one of those lobotomies?
    sounds like me, the only thing that holds my intersts are training, aas, and chicks.....of course AR also

Yeah man, the problem is, I'm losing interest in training, too. Or I should say, I'm losing interest in reading about it. About the only time I feel alive anymore is when I'm in the gym, music blaring, fukin squattin a ton of weight. The problem is the rest of the day.

I just feel like I need a new hobby, try something new, conquer new vistas and all that $hit. I'm burnt out on everything.

Maybe Mart will take me camping or something.

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    do nothing at all for a week straight but play chess w/ urself by the time the following week rolls around watching water boil will seem exciting

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Yeah man, the problem is, I'm losing interest in training, too. Or I should say, I'm losing interest in reading about it. About the only time I feel alive anymore is when I'm in the gym, music blaring, fukin squattin a ton of weight. The problem is the rest of the day.

I just feel like I need a new hobby, try something new, conquer new vistas and all that $hit. I'm burnt out on everything.

Maybe Mart will take me camping or something.
    when i'm bored i cruise for chicks, and a litlle surfing, other than that, i got nothing

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sounds like you have a form of depression.

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you been dieting, low on carbs?? Are you in PCT? Overtraining?? Many varibles, maybe Swole is right A form a mild depression you may need help.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Sounds like you have a form of depression.

~SC~
    Exactly what I was thinking. Take up a new hobby. Kickboxing, basket weaving, or whatever peaks your interest.

-B

Thanx for the input guys. I've wondered if I'm slipping into depression, but I really think I just need a new challenge I haven't had to spend as much time at the office lately and I haven't taken any classes or anything lately, also I'm not coaching any of my childrens teams right now, so I think I've realized that I just have too much time on my hands.

My 11 y/o son started his first year of football today and even though I promised myself I wouldn't, I volunteered to help coach.

Also, as crazy as this seems, I'm going to start Westside style training the first of September. A local guy who has set national records in his age calss has spent time at westside and is training a local HS football team with incredible results. He invited me to train with he and his son but I've been more into BB. I called him up today and accepted his offer.

I can't wait to learn this system. It should come in handy training my sons for athletics when they get older, plus I wouldn't mind adding several pounds to my lifts for when I do go back to BB. Just got to stay disciplined with diet.

Anyway, these two things have me back up and excited. Thanks again everyone.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    I'm glad to hear you have something else to be excited about, and aren't feeling down anymore. Best wishes, and good luck with whatever you do.

Thread Information