Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.

Question Question for the Married Guys

I've been remarried for about 5 years. Anyway my old boss/friend at the company I used to work for has this customer appreciation thing on Kentucky Lake each year. I haven't seen any of the old crew for about 6 years.

Anyway he invited me to go this weekend and after much thought I declined fro two reasons. a) there would be hard core drinking which I don't do anymore and drunk people suck when you're sober. b) It used to be a bring your wife/gf type of event but it has turned into a "party cove " deal with only the guys. After thinking about that I came to the conclusion that it was not a place for a married man to be. And if the roles were reversed I wouldn't want my wife to hand some beads off of some guys hard on.

The thing is I used to be the one when I was single that would have been right in the middle of this, not anymore.

Question: would you have gone yes or no and why?

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not sure why you are saying it isn't a place for married men unless you are married to a man. you said.. " it has turned into a "party cove " deal with only the guys". Why would that bother your wife? Especially after 5 years. She probably wants to get rid of you...lol. I would go if you think it will be fun. If not, why worry about it.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    If other women are going to be there then no way. Also if drinking is not your thing then it will not be any fun. I am with you. I would not go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    If other women are going to be there then no way. Also if drinking is not your thing then it will not be any fun. I am with you. I would not go.
    I agree, but he said a guys only thing. If there are women there, then he should be able to take his wife.

It sounds like you answered your own question though with the whole sober / drunk thing. That would just be a pain in the ass.

It will be the guys on the trip but plenty of bimbos at the party cove runiin around flashing their stuff etc.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I wouldn't go....would have when I was single, but not anymore. I would rather do something enjoyable with my wife nowadays.

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    It will be the guys on the trip but plenty of bimbos at the party cove runiin around flashing their stuff etc.
    If you love your wife and your marriage, just stay at home bro.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor

You made the right choice. Never put yourself in the situation to do wrong and you will never do wrong.

I'm glad I'm hearing this because it makes me feel better about choosing not to go. Man I'm gettin old, I've got Morals & Values now......I feel like a fossil.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Vic bro u did the right thing! If i was still married or had a steady gf i wouldnt go either. Its called respect for ur significant other. Plus like u said, if the roles were reversed u wouldnt want her to go, so why should u....U made the right choice!

OG

decadbal is offline Banned
    bro theres nothing wrong with doing the right thing.. im glad to see posts like this on here..

Thanks Deca , I appreciate it .

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    hmmmm, never turn anything inside, never rationalize to yourself... you made the decision u wanted to. no need to justify anything bro

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If he's your old boss and "buddy", he'd understand your situation and TELL you to bring your wife.

~SC~

I don't think you should go even with your wife, unless she is open to seeing hoochies running around in front of her husband. That could be uncomfortable. Would you want all the guys flashing their stuff at her if she took you to a party?

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floyd_turbo
    hmmmm, never turn anything inside, never rationalize to yourself... you made the decision u wanted to. no need to justify anything bro

Geat answer, in my opinion. Who gives a **** what we think?

BTW, good going. I have to travel all over the country to trade shows and I have requested to travel alone (rather than with another sales rep) because the other guys always want to go to party the time away. Not that I don't get out and have a couple of drinks, etc, it's just about controlling my environment.

Thread Information