Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Pepper spray, mace or similar??

A good friend of mine in another town has gotten robbed a few weeks ago and she is now deathly afraid to even go out of her apartment now.

She lives in another town so I cant realy be much real support to her unfortunaly But I would like to get her something that might make he a bit more confident that she can protect herself.

What I would like to get her most is one of those peppar sprays that shoots out a big mist(not a controled spray)cloud that is impossible to walk through without immense pain. Does anyone know any good site that sells stuff like that and ships internationaly??

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hmmm, not sure about those, but she may also wanna get a hold of a stun gun.

One of those in the crotch, and it's hasta la vista!!

~SC~

good sugestion. You know anywhere I can get one of those?

the thing is I dont know if they are legal in sweden. But I guess no court would be ****ed enough to sentance her for using it in self defence.

Try here:

http://www.protectmefirst.com/stun_guns.asp

They have batons, guns, cell phones, etc. Good stuff!

~SC~

thansk bro

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    A kid got arrested over here for bringing several into the country as they arent legal here.
    SC how do you know about that site?? You been running aroung shooting people with a tazer for ****s and giggles?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    LMAO
    THE STUN MONSTER!!
    Description: This 625,000 volt stun gun is the flagship of the Stun Master line. Affectionately referred to as the "Stun Monster," this stungun needs to be seen to be believed. The sight and sound of this non lethal weapon being discharged will probably be enough to scare off any attacker. It's that intimidating! It is 7 3/4 inches long, yet only 2 inches wide. We designed it so it fits even smaller hands. The prongs are 1/4 inch in diameter to withstand the immense power, yet it is totally non-lethal and will cause no permanent damage. This unit is also equipped with an on/off switch to prevent accidental discharge. Uses three 9-volt Energizer Alkaline batteries.

A little large, may work better as a club!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pepper spray, mace or similar??-sm625.jpg  

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i think the pepper spray is more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    A kid got arrested over here for bringing several into the country as they arent legal here.
    SC how do you know about that site?? You been running aroung shooting people with a tazer for ****s and giggles?
    Never for sh*ts/giggles, for pure agony and pain.

~SC~

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    On Jackass, Jonnny said the pepper spray was by far the worst pain hes ever experinced... thats says alot comming form him

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Its illegal here in Sweden to carry batons, mace etc, i can probly ask a friend if he can get some of that german pepparspray, really good, you get blind if it hits you in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Its illegal here in Sweden to carry batons, mace etc, i can probly ask a friend if he can get some of that german pepparspray, really good, you get blind if it hits you in your eye.
    **** swedish laws. Would be great if you could ask him!!

how much does it cost?

btw when you say blind do you mean permanently blind or just for the moment?

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    On Jackass, Jonnny said the pepper spray was by far the worst pain hes ever experinced... thats says alot comming form him
    yeah as a requirement when you're in training for the RCMP you have to be pepper sprayed. Everyone I've talked to who trained said its the worst pain they've ever felt by far.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i was thinkin about gettin my girl some spray and i talked to a cop about it, said the stuff was nasty, unreliable, if it's even a bit windy it could blow right back into your own eyes. he recommended a whistle. i got her a really loud one and she keeps it on her key chain. personally, if i was robbin someone and they maced me i'd be more pissed off, but if some girl was blowin on a shrill whistle gettin everyone's attention, i'd back away quick. also, i doubt good old sweden has outlawed whistles!

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    **** swedish laws. Would be great if you could ask him!!

how much does it cost?

btw when you say blind do you mean permanently blind or just for the moment?
    Blind as in blind for life, thats why its banned from use in some countrys. Normal mace wont stop a guy on drugs. This german stuff will.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    i was thinkin about gettin my girl some spray and i talked to a cop about it, said the stuff was nasty, unreliable, if it's even a bit windy it could blow right back into your own eyes. he recommended a whistle. i got her a really loud one and she keeps it on her key chain. personally, if i was robbin someone and they maced me i'd be more pissed off, but if some girl was blowin on a shrill whistle gettin everyone's attention, i'd back away quick. also, i doubt good old sweden has outlawed whistles!
    If I were a chick I'd take pepper spray over a whistle any day. A shot of pepper spray and the guy can't see you and is down on his knees crying. All he has to do is rip that whistle out of your mouth.

That sounds like some nasty stuff. A bit to powerfull.
    If she had to use it then she would probably get a very hard sentance. But then again its better then raped or killed. What do you think would happen if she was forced to use it and blinded a guy in self defence considering its a illegal weapon here.

Do you know anywhere to get regular pepper spray?

is those electric shock things illegal in sweden?

I'd just get normal pepper spray. If she gets caught carrying something illegal she might get a fine.

Check your local laws...

I know here in Canada pepper spray, mace or a tazers are prohibited weapons and mere posession will land you 15-20 years in jail.

On the other hand "agricultural grade" pepper spray (bear spray for grizzlis, or dog spray for mailmen or animal-control) are fully legal to own and carry on your person.

Go figure!

Red

pretty_tony is offline Associate Member
    i personally like those police battons (i call them choppers), they are those black metal rods thay grow in length when you flick them out and they have a nice round ball on the end. they are very inexpensive, although i haven't used mine before , it feels great to have on you

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I know here in Canada pepper spray, mace or a tazers are prohibited weapons and mere posession will land you 15-20 years in jail.
    LOL. murderers dont even get 15 years prison time in canada.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    lol, try a pocket knife

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    LOL. murderers dont even get 15 years prison time in canada.
    Of course not... too much work for cops/court system to put a murderer in jail... but some poor joe wanting to defend himself with a little can of pepper spray will get the shaft big time...

Remember, this is Canada after all According to the criminal code, ownership of a can of pepper spray will get you as much time in jail as ownership of a 9mm pistol or a full auto submachinegun.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    lol, try a pocket knife
    Thats a bad BAD idea bro... anyone with even a basic knowledge of self defence will make you eat your pocket knife...

I always have a leatherman on my belt and the ONLY thing I might use it for in a fight would be with blades closed inside my hand to stiffen my fist.

Red

jesse_james is offline Member
    get the Magnum 17% pepper spray of ebay. my m8 bought it a month back and got me in the face and over my back, it was without a doubt the most painfull thing ive ever experienced, theres no way ull be gettin up of the floor for atleast an hour. nasty stuff lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_james
    get the Magnum 17% pepper spray of ebay. my m8 bought it a month back and got me in the face and over my back, it was without a doubt the most painfull thing ive ever experienced, theres no way ull be gettin up of the floor for atleast an hour. nasty stuff lol!!
    I hope you gave him an ass beating

jesse_james is offline Member
    i was stupid enuff to agree to let him do it. theres no way i wulda bin able to give him an ass beatin, it took me around about 4/5 hours to get over the pain, i cnt believe how johnny knoxville could continue with the show afta bein sprayed, gotta be one tough bloke!

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Those guns on the page swole posted are pellet guns. Airsoft means 6mm plastic BB's. I have a USP and an MP-5. They look real but if you try to use it to hold a burglar back it prolly wouldnt stand very long if you didnt throw some lead.

http://firearms.smith-wesson.com/sto...sw_activeTab=1

Thats what you need for personal defence. Throw in some jacketed hollow points and bye bye hamburglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Those guns on the page swole posted are pellet guns. Airsoft means 6mm plastic BB's. I have a USP and an MP-5. They look real but if you try to use it to hold a burglar back it prolly wouldnt stand very long if you didnt throw some lead.

http://firearms.smith-wesson.com/sto...sw_activeTab=1

Thats what you need for personal defence. Throw in some jacketed hollow points and bye bye hamburglar.
    and bye bye to your freedom as well!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I've got some police issue pepper spay...That will stop most attackers fast...

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    **** pepper spay get her a kimber .45 one of the compact models for small hands

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    heat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pepper spray, mace or similar??-120025_large.jpg  

When talking about guns, I could never afford to buy one for her and I could never forgive myself if she had to shoot someone and then get serious jailtime or if she just gets caught with the weapon.

I wouldnt put a weapon in someones hands if I dont know **** well that they will be able to use it when the time comes.

Not to mention weapon liscense is tricky in sweden

She could get up to 2 years in prison if she carrys a gun, stungun, baton or mace, most likley she'd get a fine tho.

Den svåraste biten är psykologisk johan, med största sanolikhet så behöver hon inget vapen, men om hon känner att hon vill ha ett så säg åt henne att beväpna sig med en kökskniv. Väldigt effektiv både att skrämmas med och att försvara sig med.

mmm det är den psykologiska biten jag oroar mig för. Vill ge henne nått enbart för självförtroendets skull...egentligen borde man dra dit med ett baseball trä och ge svinen vad dom förtjänar!!

hockeybabe2 is offline Female Member
    I hear everyone talking about the pepper spray but it don`t work on people on drugs or that been drinking. I carry 9mm or 357 that is what I use. If I was someone that was scared of guns then taser is the way to go. It is a 5 sec. ride if they don`t leave you alone the hit them again. I`m sorry that your friend had that happen. HB2

Quote Originally Posted by hockeybabe2
    I hear everyone talking about the pepper spray but it don`t work on people on drugs or that been drinking.
    Ive already pointed that out thank you very much.

Spöa de Johan!

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I've also heard pepper spray dosne't work on some people who are mentally ill.. specifiaclly ones who disasociate into other personaltiies in thei head.

kinda scary

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I've been pepper sprayed twice, once in a scrap and once by a old lady when I tried to rob her.

It works, it burns whatever it touches really, a good eye shot will put you out for about a hour or so.

I would recommend bear mace, its not for humans and most likely legal in your country. It shoots farther and has a tighter stream. I much more effective than pepper spray or mace.

I had a stun gun for a while 180 volts I think it was. It works pretty well, it basically shocks the person to the ground and seems to tire the hell outta them, I was not the best person at parties in those days, running around all wasted with a stun gun and tryin to zap people .. ahhaha

that little electric zap looks like a mini lightning bolt going from one bar to the other... its pretty wicked in a dark room and the noise is pretty one of a kind.

how bout a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Ive already pointed that out thank you very much.

Spöa de Johan!
    Om dom jävlas mer med henne måste jag hitta nån kompis som är beredd att hjälpa mig och sen ska dom svinen inte kunna gå utan käpp efter det...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information