Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Telly programme about giving athaletes steroids

I was looking forward to it and my god what a dissapointment. There were holes the size of the titanic in the "study". I wont go into it all because i could write a book on it. But basically the researchers findings were that steroids could improve performance (altho he then retracted this statment and reworded it so it diddnt sound like he was positivley praising steroids) and that they may have side effects on health, of which they came up with zero actual problems. Oh appart from the fact that steroids lower the number of killer cells in the body. OK i havent done biology in a while but im pretty sure there are no cells called killer cells. The scientist went on to say thet these killer cells fight infection etc. Im assuming she meant white blood cells . My god how dissapointing. Plus no pct and one guy had sensitive nips at the end. Wonder if he got some gyno to remember the stupid experiment.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I can never watch any review/presentation/feature on AAS usage on television, as it's always horridly one-sided, leaves out situational key real-life applicable aspects, and is usually 180 degrees opposite of what IS really true.

~SC~

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Oh appart from the fact that steroids lower the number of killer cells in the body. OK i havent done biology in a while but im pretty sure there are no cells called killer cells. The scientist went on to say thet these killer cells fight infection etc. Im assuming she meant white blood cells .
    Just as an aside and an FYI but not to take away from your post, he's probably referring to killer T-cells, there is such a thing and you are correct, they are white blood cells, specifically a T cell with CD8 receptor that recognizes antigens on the surface of a virus-infected cell and binds to the infected cell and kill it.

But SC's right....can't rely on the media for accurate coverage of anything that may be deemed slightly controversial, very one-sided usually.
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 08-12-2004 at 04:43 PM.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Just as an aside and an FYI but not to take away from your post, he's probably referring to killer T-cells, there is such a thing and you are correct, they are white blood cells, specifically a T cell with CD8 receptor that recognizes antigens on the surface of a virus-infected cell and binds to the infected cell and kill it.

But SC's right....can't rely on the media for accurate coverage of anything that may be deemed slightly controversial, very one-sided usually.
    No information like this is always welcomed. So you mean to tell me they werent talking total crap for the whole 90 mins

Quake is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty

D.A.M.N Girl! You're the first person I've seen post any biological facts in this forum.........where you been all my life? :spudniksw

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996265
    There is some info about the program on this link and i have the scientists email if you got any questions for him lol.

decadbal is offline Banned
    my question is how much did he get paid to be on that side?

The best qoute from the so called scientist was that weightlifters use up to 50 times more than being administered in the experiment which was about 350mg of test e.

Quote Originally Posted by adamw1
    The best qoute from the so called scientist was that weightlifters use up to 50 times more than being administered in the experiment which was about 350mg of test e.

i never knew we took upwards to 17 1/2 grams of test a week.

I wish i could afford 171/2 grams of test a week lol.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought that program was horrible. But they could have saved it. If they made it into a reality show... Hear me out first. They could follow the athletes through out their training, and give a unbiased review of all gains, and hurdles thought out the series. It would be like a newer version of "Pumping Iron." That would actaully be interesting to watch!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    one-sided propaganda

Thread Information