Thread: Handguns

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member

Handguns

I want a handgun. My only expierience is with a Barreta M9 and the good ol' 1911. I prefer the grip size of the 1911 over the Barreta. I want a .45 ACP due to its track record over any other calliber. My hand isnt big enough for anything like a Desert Eagle. This gun won't be for concealed carry, or anything like that. I just miss having a piece and would like to get some time at the range in. At the same time, I want a piece that will serve me well in a heated situation, if it ever comes to that.

I'm considering the Smith & Wesson SW99 and the Sig p220. Don't mention the Glock 21, I hate the non-adjustable grip and the "safety action" as apposed to good ol' fasioned double action.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I just hope it doesnt fall in to the hands of children. I hate reading those stories in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I just hope it doesnt fall in to the hands of children. I hate reading those stories in the paper.
    I'm 24, and have none. Nor do I plan to for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I'm 24, and have none. Nor do I plan to for that matter.
    Smart man kids are expensive. I dont plan to have any either, however something unplanned may happen. One of the reasons I am a democrat. Abortion is a good thing.

Smart man kids are expensive. I dont plan to have any either, however something unplanned may happen. One of the reasons I am a democrat. Abortion is a good thing.

Even GW couldnt overturn Roe VS Wade. Not without the legislature. Don't be afraid to vote Republican, you know you love that death penalty. I just wish we could extend it to child abusers, and install an express lane.

Even GW couldnt overturn Roe VS Wade. Not without the legislature. Don't be afraid to vote Republican, you know you love that death penalty. I just wish we could extend it to child abusers, and install an express lane.
    We need a middle of the road candidate, kills killers and fetuses. OK didnt mean to hijack the thread.

We need a middle of the road candidate, kills killers and fetuses. OK didnt mean to hijack the thread.

Its late, all the die hard, gun ownin' conservatives have gone to bed. We can talk, I don't mind. Except maybe Cycleon.

Its late, all the die hard, gun ownin' conservatives have gone to bed. We can talk, I don't mind. Except maybe Cycleon.
    Well Im anti-gun. I been shot and I think that illegal guns start out as registered firearms, so maybe we can talk about taxes, now on that note I am conservative as they come.

Well Im anti-gun. I been shot and I think that illegal guns start out as registered firearms, so maybe we can talk about taxes, now on that note I am conservative as they come.

I think most start as Walmart specials in the early-mid 90s. I'm an utter communist as far as education is concerned. We don't need equal oppertunity (holding down one to raise another), we need an equal start. It will take time, but it will cure all of societies problems, I promise. The old adage, "children are our future."

So watsup? You still a diehard IP supporter or what?

So watsup? You still a diehard IP supporter or what?
    I still think he is good as any other UG but I found I am a much better source than he is now that I homebrew. Source for myself that is, no PM's newbies.

I still think he is good as any other UG but I found I am a much better source than he is now that I homebrew. Source for myself that is, no PM's newbies.

He maybe, but the remailers are a different story. I like the homebrew idea, but really you are just using another UG, making another rotten kid $$$. It's cheaper now, but ordering direct is the only way to go.

What's this nonsense about new custom laws in China?

What's this nonsense about new custom laws in China?
    Thats news to me, what are you talking about??? I hope its good news.

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    dont mean to interupt fellas but if you like 1911's look into a kimber tactical series

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i prefer shotguns and rifles

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    I love my 1911... i had it all custom. Had a comp sight put on, teflon coated, and everything honed so its tight and doesnt rattle when u shake it. so the 1911 with mods gets the thumbs up from me

Thats news to me, what are you talking about??? I hope its good news.

It was a thread awhile back on AR. Something about Chinese COs needing to register who they are shipping to. I didnt really get into it because I have faith in the unrestricted capitalism of the Chinese economy.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanspearchucker
    dont mean to interupt fellas but if you like 1911's look into a kimber tactical series

I've heard they are expensive and suited to shooters with large hands.

It was a thread awhile back on AR. Something about Chinese COs needing to register who they are shipping to. I didnt really get into it because I have faith in the unrestricted capitalism of the Chinese economy.
    Well I never order anything from China except maybe popcorn, they got the best, and I never had any problems getting popcorn. I am looking at some right now.

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    I love my 1911... i had it all custom. Had a comp sight put on, teflon coated, and everything honed so its tight and doesnt rattle when u shake it. so the 1911 with mods gets the thumbs up from me

Because of its action, it isnt really suited as a carry pistol, which isnt my intent, but I'd like the option of.

Well I never order anything from China except maybe popcorn, they got the best, and I never had any problems getting popcorn. I am looking at some right now.
    Yea..........

I ordered a few pair of Nike Airmax 95s a few weeks back. My alltime favorites. I gave the seller a great review on Ebay.

Because of its action, it isnt really suited as a carry pistol, which isnt my intent, but I'd like the option of.
    ahh... yea i didnt think you were looking to carry one. If thats the case i like S&W revolvers. I stick to the 6shooters but if you want they got 8shot ones since some people think 6 shots isnt enough. Maybe a .38 snub nose? Id say 357, but i dont know if youd think thats to big to carry

ahh... yea i didnt think you were looking to carry one. If thats the case i like S&W revolvers. I stick to the 6shooters but if you want they got 8shot ones since some people think 6 shots isnt enough. Maybe a .38 snub nose? Id say 357, but i dont know if youd think thats to big to carry
    I live in Philly and you southerners scare the hell out of me.

Thing is, I'm prior military, so the only thing I've used is semi. The whole combat thing is always in my mind.

Smith and Wesson and Walther made an awsome pistol in the SW99 .45, I'm seriously considering it. Honestly, its my final choice, and I'm fishing for feedback on it.

Turn the dang invisible mode off, its morning. The source checkers have gone to bed .

dtr98 is offline Member
    I want a handgun. My only expierience is with a Barreta M9 and the good ol' 1911. I prefer the grip size of the 1911 over the Barreta. I want a .45 ACP due to its track record over any other calliber. My hand isnt big enough for anything like a Desert Eagle. This gun won't be for concealed carry, or anything like that. I just miss having a piece and would like to get some time at the range in. At the same time, I want a piece that will serve me well in a heated situation, if it ever comes to that.

I'm considering the Smith & Wesson SW99 and the Sig p220. Don't mention the Glock 21, I hate the non-adjustable grip and the "safety action" as apposed to good ol' fasioned double action.
    i have a sig 220 45cal and never had a problem with it, it always feeds any round i put thru it, even 200gr hps

Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    i have a sig 220 45cal and never had a problem with it, it always feeds any round i put thru it, even 200gr hps
    Thank you for the reply. Does the 7+1 round max bother you?

u said you wanted to stick with a .45? Well then your not going to have a large amount of ammo. If thats what u want then the 9mm's hold a lot more, but with the .45 its one shot per customer

dtr98 is offline Member
    no, i have a couple of xtra mags plus a 12 rounder. if it's going to be a house gun that should be plenty, but i also have a m11 with 32 rd mags handy. if i'm going to carry i take my barreta 9 with the 15rd mags. let me know what you get.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I've got the sig and the glock, both 45 cal...I really like the sig, I want to sell the glock and grab up a HK 45...

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    if you want a real pistol then you have to get a h&k 40 or 9mm. i think heckler & kotch make the best guns. infact the navy seals use there h&k mp5. but i have both of the first two guns along with an ar15 and a ak47. the assult rifels are alot of fun to fire at my camp. there is nothing around and you can unload 30 rounds werever you want.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    I've got the sig and the glock, both 45 cal...I really like the sig, I want to sell the glock and grab up a HK 45...
    Just wondering what you don't like about the glock. I have been thinking of purchasing one and just wondering why you want to sell it?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Greatest post ive ever read? One of them anyway!

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

dont go with the s&w, it sux! a good gun that i am really impressed with that just came out not too long ago is the springfield x series. i love the grip and shoots very well. priced pretty decent also. but my all time favorite is the h&k .45-- and the h&k compact .40 and .45. very nice but very expensive. h&k and glocks are the only guns that can shoot underwater also. but like that really makes a difference

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

thats a good thing.. i went to philly a few months ago and i had to pull my **** out twice in one weekend b/c of your ****ing trash wanted my jeep for some odd reason. but they thought twice. fukkers! ----a country boy can survive by the way--

decadbal is offline Banned
    hnk usp 45..best handgun in the world..

hockeybabe2 is offline Female Member
    I have a glock and a S&W. I like both. I also like a kimber. It is on what you need it for. Just go out and shoot them you will fall in love with one of them.

Thread Information