Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Diesel is offline Anabolic Member

Are you a registered Organ donor?

Just wondering if you are or not.

I am not right now but have thought about it. If I'm dead what the hell do I care if they take my heart, liver, etc, etc to save someone else. I'm not sure I would want them to go to a 60 year old but someone young who has a whole life in front of them........

D

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not bro. I want to be whole when i go back to the earth...

OG

Cali is offline Female Member
    I'm a registered donor. My ex husband's sister in law got a kidney from an organ donor. She'd be gone if she hadn't gotten it.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Yep. I have no fear of being harvested.

mass junkie is offline banned
    nope me neither.....sounds sacreligious to me

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Heck no. The Cleveland Heart Clinic is two hours from my house. They could be on a helicopter and harvesting organs out of my LIVE BODY before my family got there to intervene on my behalf.

Like I said, I don't want anything to go to someone who's life is all but over but someone who has a whole life in front of them. I also don't want anything taken that isn't life threatening. In other words, leave my eyes alone.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Like I said, I don't want anything to go to someone who's life is all but over but someone who has a whole life in front of them. I also don't want anything taken that isn't life threatening. In other words, leave my eyes alone.

D

That's the thing, you are unconscious, so your wishes mean nothing. You can't count on them contacting your family before you are butchered because it has happened. Also, how severe the damage to your own body is and the likeyhood of you making a recovery are weighed against the needs of the donor recipient and their proximity to you. I'll never trust it, not when my very life is on the line.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I'm a full donar, I'm not gonna be using it anyway. Most people who get organs are younger. If your 60 your gonna be low on a list to get anything.

My dad and I had powers of attorney made out for one another when he had his will written. In the case that either of us are incapable of making our own decisions, the other will do it. If that means that my organs have become unsalvageable due to waiting, too bad. In the matter of my or my families lives, I reserve the right to be selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    That's the thing, you are unconscious, so your wishes mean nothing. You can't count on them contacting your family before you are butchered because it has happened. Also, how severe the damage to your own body is and the likeyhood of you making a recovery are weighed against the needs of the donor recipient and their proximity to you. I'll never trust it, not when my very life is on the line.
    I've thought about that to. That is the main reason I am not registered right now.

D

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Im selfish.

It's not like they are going to let you die just to get at you organs! Your family has the final say on when/if they pull the plug. At some point it is clear that you are clinically dead.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    My dad and I had powers of attorney made out for one another when he had his will written. In the case that either of us are incapable of making our own decisions, the other will do it. If that means that my organs have become unsalvageable due to waiting, too bad. In the matter of my or my families lives, I reserve the right to be selfish.
    Wise decision, and I think a good one as well, I don't mind donating my organs, however I want them to at least make **** sure I won't have any further use for them before they start snatching them and giving them away. This is why I'm not regestered as of now, but have spoken to my husband and a few other family members about donating my organs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    It's not like they are going to let you die just to get at you organs! Your family has the final say on when/if they pull the plug. At some point it is clear that you are clinically dead.

Of course they won't let you die. They kill you by removing your organs. That is the cause of death.

I think you've seen Monty Pythons movie The Meaning of Life one too many times!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    i am a donor i dont need all that stuff when i am gone and if it will save someone else thats cool with me.

Aboot is offline Banned
    So, by the majority of the posts here it appears that most of you think that there is a conspiracy to kill people for their organs by the ambulance service, hospital staff and doctors. Strange.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    diesel so leave your eyes but rip off your penis&balls naw that dont sound right lol and yes im a full donor as well

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    at least you got everyone to understand without a big arguement inhearit. Those are my views exactly, and my mom get's mad because I'm not an organ donar? If I'm in that situation I want them paramedics and doctors to do everything possible if my hearts still beating, and if they can't help me then I die, not by getting my kidney pulled. The only person that would get that would be my daughter, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613
    diesel so leave your eyes but rip off your penis&balls naw that dont sound right lol and yes im a full donor as well
    My wife will take those and send them to a taxidermist for future use.

D

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    You guys are too funny. I became an organ donor a long time back.....when I'm dead I'll have no use for it.......my dream is Keith Richards will get my liver.....you do know he'll be here till the earth ends or there's a nuclear war....in case it's the war there will only be Keith and cockroaches.

Seriously, there could be someone in dier need of something I'm no longer using at it would be a shame if they died because I didn't leave it for them......not only that but in the surreal sence a part of me will still be around.....banging ugly chicks....and if that's not a plus I don't know what is. hahahahaha

Can you say PARANOID?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Yes I am.. since I can't give blood...I figured it was the least I could do...

(I can't give or accept whole blood)

badbart is offline New Member
    I’m a donor and almost became a live donor for half my liver for my brother but fortunately someone had the sense to be an organ donor and saved me from the knife. Don't be a coward donate.

http://www.transplant-speakers.org/c...org/myths.html

http://www.organdonor.gov/myth.html

Myth. If I agree to donate my organs, my doctor or the emergency room staff won't work as hard to save my life. They'll remove my organs as soon as possible to save somebody else.

Reality. When you go to the hospital for treatment, doctors focus on saving your life — not somebody else's. You'll be seen by a doctor whose specialty most closely matches your particular emergency. This effectively shuts the door to your being treated by a transplant physician, who works solely with transplant candidates and recipients. The doctor assigned to your case has nothing to do with transplantation.

Myth. Maybe I won't really be dead when they sign my death certificate. It'll be too late for me if they've taken my organs for transplantation. I might have otherwise recovered.

Reality. Although a popular topic in the tabloids, in reality, people rarely wiggle a toe after they're declared dead. In fact, people who have agreed to organ donation are given more tests to determine that they are truly dead than are those who haven't agreed to organ donation.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    die and let die

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    That's just the way I feel too. I'm afraid they will intentionally let me die just to get the organs.

You guys act like that's the first thing they look for when someone is badly hurt "see if he's an organ donor, if he is let's just let him die, we have an order on the books for two kidneys, a liver and one lung!"

They can take anything they bloody want off me when I am dead or brain dead...

My only wish is that I no be kept alive artificially (unplug me from those machines NOW!) and I be cremated quickly with no services/ceremonies after I kick the bucket and my organs are harvested.

Red

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    no i'm not.

-Sean

decadbal is offline Banned
    of course, like my liver and kidneys will be worth having.. or my heart..lol

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I am but that might change my mind there. WOW!

Spyder Guest
    im not, nor ever would be. have u watched those Discovery Medical shows that show how they butcher you apart. they have no respect for you. you get ripped apart. plus by the time i die, my organs would be useless from all the smoking, drinking and juice.

The real problem is, there are many definitions of death. When you are an organ donor, the most lienient criterion is used.

Organs are best 'harvested' from a live body. In these cases, the cause of death is your organs being removed form your body to be frozen and flown to a recipient.

If they can keep you alive long enough for the Cleveland Heart Hospital to arrive, how much longer could you have lived? Long enough for your family to see you off? Long enough for you to make a recovery? People have been revived after 15 minutes of clinincal death. I trust my father to give me the chance.

VIXI is offline Female Member
    I think the power of attorney idea was a wise one...but I have to say that yes I am an organ donor...just something I felt compelled to do...xxxSass

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I was an organ donor.

Them my wife found out, and it was over quickly!

LMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry, it's been a great day.........

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    I think the power of attorney idea was a wise one...but I have to say that yes I am an organ donor...just something I felt compelled to do...xxxSass

I did also. I was like 18 and easily cohersed. I had it revoked after my power of attorney and a few things that I had read.

So how are you stranger?

VIXI is offline Female Member
    lmao...I must be tired...lol...took me a second to get that one...was actually thinking literally for a sec and became completely puzzled...must be slippin...

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I was an organ donor.

Them my wife found out, and it was over quickly!

LMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry, it's been a great day.........

~SC~

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    They can take anything they bloody want off me when I am dead or brain dead...

My only wish is that I no be kept alive artificially (unplug me from those machines NOW!) and I be cremated quickly with no services/ceremonies after I kick the bucket and my organs are harvested.

Red
    Red, once again...you and I are in complete agreement.

When I'm dead, I won't need it. My liver (God forbid) might save the life of the guy who cures cancer. Yeah, that's reaching...but it's true. Of course, it might save the life of the next J Dahmer, too...but I don't like thinking that way...at least he won't be able to eat my liver.

Really...we are nothing more than friggin animals who think we (as individuals) are the center of the friggin universe. In nature, death brings about life. I would prefer to save a life after my death. Hell, throw my lifeless corpse out of a plane and let the bears eat it for I care...I'm dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Red, once again...you and I are in complete agreement.

When I'm dead, I won't need it. My liver (God forbid) might save the life of the guy who cures cancer. Yeah, that's reaching...but it's true. Of course, it might save the life of the next J Dahmer, too...but I don't like thinking that way...at least he won't be able to eat my liver.

Really...we are nothing more than friggin animals who think we (as individuals) are the center of the friggin universe. In nature, death brings about life. I would prefer to save a life after my death. Hell, throw my lifeless corpse out of a plane and let the bears eat it for I care...I'm dead!

Your post rings of Atheism. You only have one life. Are you gonna give it up that easily? Not me, I'm like Yossarian, I'mana dang live forever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information