Thread: 1000 Years

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

Question 1000 Years

1000 years from now, what do you think our current culture/spciety will be remembered for?

I think it will be the advancement in technology from the 50's until now. The progress we have made in the last 50 years will probaly look primitive then but the rapid advancement has to be impressive forever.

My thread about diarreha got more play than one that requires deep thought and logic.

Spyder Guest
    how do you come up with these things bro? .... i start thinking hardcore like this when i smoke.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think we'll be around. Eventually we'll run out of natural resources. Then what do we do. Nooothin'. We slowly wither away and die.

I give this planet another...200 years TOPS. That's pushin' it too. Look how much damage we've done in the last 20 years alone? It's disasterous and human nature to destroy and empower things.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I give this planet another...200 years TOPS. That's pushin' it too. Look how much damage we've done in the last 20 years alone? It's disasterous and human nature to destroy and empower things.
    Yeah but we are trying to reduce the environmental damage, but you are right, it is amazing at how careless we treat the planet, I feel for our great-grandchildren.

IF they can even survive! Look at Global Warming...what if....

It starts to melt the North and South Pole and all our land becomes flooded. Maybe we'll adapt over time and evolve into some sea-humans. That would be nuts. Or maybe we'd become trolls and live deep down inside the earth always mining and looking for our Lucky Charms.

If there are negative consequences I think it will more of a thing that our planet wouldnt support as much life as it can now and populations of all living things would be vastly reduced but not totally wiped out, but I dont think it will get that far honestly, the Earth is very forgiving. We are surviving with holes in the ozone layer and look at the pollution in Mexico and other 3rd world countries, however people survive without growing 3 arms.

I'm trying to think of other factors that would contribute to the Earth not being around?

There's always the chance of a Meteor hitting. A meteor that's 4 miles by 4 miles would totolly destroy the earth over the span of 2 years. That's the amount of time it would take the dust and debris from the impact to clear and make the air breathable again and let the sunlight get through to help our natural vegetation grow.

That's a big possibility.

Also, we could shift closer and closer to the sun 'causing our planet to ultimately "burn" away. Or it could move away 'causing another Ice Age. Either which way, we'd be screwed.

Diseases seem to be running rampant. Food seems to betting scarce, if not infested and non-edible. And it seems like anything we eat too much of makes us sick? Water also in most places is becoming undrinkable. That's a huge thing.

Too many possibilites of things that may ultimately and easily happen.

Spyder Guest
    all i have to say is OVERPOPULATION. not necessarily here in the US, but abroad. overpopulation will deplete natural resources faster, much like what Ronny said and we will eventually be like the dinosaurs.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    how do you come up with these things bro? .... i start thinking hardcore like this when i smoke.
    He has a drug problem.

mass junkie is offline banned
    what we do today echoes an eternity........ I thought I heard that somewhere before

1000 years from now, what do you think our current culture/spciety will be remembered for?
    I Strongly doubt that anything we define as a human race will exsist in 1000 years....Either we will exhaust all our natural resources or we will blow ourselves into oblivion

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think we will all be dead in 1000 years, i mean all humans...

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    1000 years from now......overpopulation is definitely a problem but i think at some point the government will start putting reward and punishment type incentives like what is already being done in japan i believe(could be wrong) basically having more then one child, u get tax increases and other types of bull**** to help keep the population down. as for natural resources, i think theres a good chance we could run out but we will just have to resort to other types of solutions, like hydrogen powered cars and whatnot. in terms of meteors and comets, well u never know, we could get hit 5 mins from now and the world would end or we may not get hit for 5 billion years....

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    what we do today echoes an eternity........ I thought I heard that somewhere before
    I did too... first thing that comes to mind, Russel Crowe; Gladiator.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I dont see over population being a problem. I've read scientists predict in the next 80 or so years the worlds population will decrease to around 4 billion. Why? The main reason it stated was because people are having less kids. The days of 6 or 7 brothers and sisters are over. Most families now have 3 or 4 kids max (I'm tired I really can't remember the reasons for this).
    Not to sound negative but the world would be better off without humans. All we do is destroy and pollute everything around us.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    I dont see over population being a problem. I've read scientists predict in the next 80 or so years the worlds population will decrease to around 4 billion. Why? The main reason it stated was because people are having less kids. The days of 6 or 7 brothers and sisters are over.
    Apperently you dont live in the hood. There are girls 21-22 with 3-4 kids and still spitting them out.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Apperently you dont live in the hood. There are girls 21-22 with 3-4 kids and still spitting them out.
    Its just what I read. Wasnt necessarily my opinion though. But I don't think the hood speaks for the whole world .

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    The 19th, 20th, 21st centuries will be remembered for the industrial and technological revolution. Nothing more.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    Its just what I read. Wasnt necessarily my opinion though. But I don't think the hood speaks for the whole world .

As it applies to America, contemporary socioligists say that Americas decline will be related to birth rates. Over the last several decades, people of wealth have procreated at a significantly lower rate than people of poverty. Quite a controvertial and disturbing statistic, but nonetheless true.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    this is a great read, my .02

>>we will kill eachother off (humans) which will be a shame too. After having my spiritual reveloution ive become a lover not a killer and i believe more people should embrace god/jesus/buddah/allah (but why is it that some of the people that embrace allah are killing others and themselves). Unfortunately, i still cant get over my roid/gym addiction.

"the survival rate for everything drops to 0 on a long enough time line" -fight club

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    ronny man, you think too hard

helios is offline Associate Member
    I read some article today that by 2050 there will be an estimated 9 billion people on earth.

Now, i feel like everyone is forgetting something here: space travel. A couple months ago we witnessed the launch of the first private space flight. I have no doubt in my mind that within the 100-200 years we start colonizing other planets...so overpopulation will not be a predicted problem as far as i am concerned.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    1000 years from now......overpopulation is definitely a problem but i think at some point the government will start putting reward and punishment type incentives like what is already being done in japan i believe(could be wrong) basically having more then one child, u get tax increases and other types of bull**** to help keep the population down. as for natural resources, i think theres a good chance we could run out but we will just have to resort to other types of solutions, like hydrogen powered cars and whatnot. in terms of meteors and comets, well u never know, we could get hit 5 mins from now and the world would end or we may not get hit for 5 billion years....
    I don't mean to flame you but:
    Overpopulation has been expoused as an impending crisis for well over 100 years. A funny thing happens when societies reach a certain level of economic and technological--their populations level out and start to decline. Compare the population growth numbers of 3rd world countries to that of 1st world western nations. You will see my point.

Hydrogen powered cars: Hydrogen is not an energy source. If do not beleive me, take an introductory physics course that covers the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

No here's what I predict will happen over the next 1000 years. First and formost, we will have colonized both the Moon and Mars. Incredible natural resources along with the technological advances in 1000 years makes it feasible and very attractive. It also has the added benefit of buying us some insurance in the unlikely case that we somehow permanently ruin Earth.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    As it applies to America, contemporary socioligists say that Americas decline will be related to birth rates. Over the last several decades, people of wealth have procreated at a significantly lower rate than people of poverty. Quite a controvertial and disturbing statistic, but nonetheless true.
    Lozgod tends to extrapolate the workings of life only from his day to day experiences. Pay no attention to him.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Man I have all these ideas just burning through my skull buddy, a shirt that says "loser" across the front, those would sell man.

Thread Information