Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member

Did you know?

Corporal Punishment is legal in nearly half the states here in the U.S.?

For those that do not know, Corporal Punishment is basically the legal right for teachers to hit students.

If a teacher ever hit my kid, it would be dirt nap time.

D

mass junkie is offline banned
    Aint no body hitting my kids but me

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I watched one of my teachers pick up the bully by the front of his shirt, lay him up against the lockers and virtually scare the sh*t outof him......cured his bully days

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    We call it spankins where I am from. Not black eyes. Sorry no turning paddlings into beatings. Not the same thing dog.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Exactly!

Here is the thing though. If a parent hits their child there is a possibility of child services paying a visit to you. However, it is legal for teachers to hit them? WTF!

I saw something about a kid in Texas that got paddled by his PE teacher. The mother pressed charges and the PE teacher got off and was able to keep his job simply because Texas is a Corporal Punishment state.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    We call it spankins where I am from. Not black eyes. Sorry no turning paddlings into beatings. Not the same thing dog.

Teachers shouldn't be paddling either.

D

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Why you want to hit your kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Teachers shouldn't be paddling either.

D

Even in the states that allow paddling they must have a release from the parents. Fact.

BTW every brat I have ever met are the ones that get time outs. My kid minds because if he does not I will spank his ass. Trust me it's much more effective and everyone says my kid is the best behaved kid they have ever been around.

I am not saying that I think the teacher should paddle my kid but I am saying that me spanking them at home makes them a lot less likely to get in trouble at school.

Even in the states that allow paddling they must have a release from the parents. Fact.

BTW every brat I have ever met are the ones that get time outs. My kid minds because if he does not I will spank his ass. Trust me it's much more effective and everyone says my kid is the best behaved kid they have ever been around.

I am not saying that I think the teacher should paddle my kid but I am saying that me spanking them at home makes them a lot less likely to get in trouble at school.
    I agree 100%.

I am not apposed to spanking. However, it will be me who does it. I truly feel part of the problem with kids today is that kids aren't spanked enough.

D

Maraxus is offline Banned
    F that. I would kill em if they would ever touch my youngins.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

I live in Canada, where that stuff is not allowed, but my parents were NOT the typical 'time-out' parents...
    They spanked my ass if I got outta line, and I am thankful they did...

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I agree with corporal punishment because I guarantee it is monitored and kids today (even mine) need a good ass whipin every now and then to keep their respect level for authority in check.

Most parents don't discipline their kids, have you ever been to a mall and seen these punks hanging around? No kid ever died from a bruised ego. I would want an adult to put my kid in place if he got out of line. I think that teachers have their hands tied too often. That's why most teacher don't want to teach H.S. because of the attitudes and lack of respect form the kids. MY 02

And what did you all learned from being spanked? That you should hit people who missbehave? And are 10 times smaller then you...

Spanking or hitting a child is never acceptiable, you would all realise that if you had been seriusly beaten by a family member. But you havent so you continue to spank thinking its a good way raising a kid.

You dont teach them respect, you teach them fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    I agree 100%.

I am not apposed to spanking. However, it will be me who does it. I truly feel part of the problem with kids today is that kids aren't spanked enough.

D

I guess it hit me the wrong way when you said hit the kids. I don't realy see the law that way but you are right. You better make **** sure you got my permision and explained the sittuation to me( via phone call) before you paddle my kid. Realy at this point I don't know if I would give them permision to paddle my kid. Now if they jerk him up by his shirt and slam him in a locker I am going to **** whoever did it the moment I walk threw the door. Police be ****ed.

I was abused as akid by my stepfather. There is a difference between abuse and discipline.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I was abused as akid by my stepfather. There is a difference between abuse and discipline.
    Agreed bro.. it's a fine line in some cases though..

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    And what did you all learned from being spanked? That you should hit people who missbehave? And are 10 times smaller then you...

Spanking or hitting a child is never acceptiable, you would all realise that if you had been seriusly beaten by a family member. But you havent so you continue to spank thinking its a good way raising a kid.

Well bro. Sorry you are way off. I can send you the pictures of the scars and paper work where my dad did six months for what he did to me when I was 12. What he did to me is in no way the same as spanking your child.

Palme I can understand your view pont and maybe things are a bit different in Sweden. However, there is a big difference between spanking and abuse IMO.

D

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I hope my son gets one of the teachers that gives blow jobs in the back of their piers car. Man, gotta love our education system.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    LOL they almost banned spanking over here making it a criminal offense. There were big discussions on how hard you were allowerd to spank a child. Not sure what the end decision was, something like not a total ban but a conditional limit.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    teachers spend more time with the kids than the parents........why would anyone want to tie the hands of the teachers that are trying to educate their kid? Parents want the teachers to do all of the hard stuff like raising their kids, but limit them elsewhere. Teachers became teachers because they love children.....geez....not to "beat" children.....give me a break.

It's funny how about 8-10 years ago spanking became very unpopular....and look at the result. More drugs, knives, guns, etc being brought into schools more now than ever.

Thankfully, the pendelum is going back towards the center and today's parent's are realizing that a harsh hand in discipline can do wonders for a child. Gets them ready for the real world, where there are no "time outs" if you break the law. There is nothing wrong with being "friends" with your child...but your child needs a parent more than a friend. I wish more parents would realize this. I think most parents won't spank their child because they (the parent) can't handle it......and....if you can't handle all of the responsibilities of being a parent...well....shouldn't have had kids then.

My wife is a teacher, so some of this is near and dear, but the most aggaravating thing I have EVER seen is a parent calling a teacher a liar. Sure, teachers will make mistakes (just like parents), but a teacher will not LIE about their child's behavior. I have seen parent's look at their child after the teacher telling them what their child did....and the child deny it.....and the parent tell the teacher they are lieing about what they saw......pretty fuked up in my book. It was probably somebody else's kid!! Yeah right...

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 08-18-2004 at 09:06 AM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea i agree, its usually the ppl who refuse to do it, whose kids need their asses beat.. i see nothing wrong with it, my dad beat my ass and i turned out fine..lol

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Totaly aggre with you on this issue
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 08-18-2004 at 09:55 AM.

So even tho you got abused you lay hands on your children? To me there is no difference in spanking and abuse, both are acts of cowards, your hitting a person much smaller then you that cant defend themselves, all here are over 200lbs right(?) and generaly much stronger then the average human. A light slapp is probly harder then you think.

As you all understand this is a very touchy subject for me since i got abused when i was younger and i will never agree with anyone that hitting your child is the right way in teaching them whats right or wrong, its ****ing stupid!

Yes I was abused and yes I agree with spanking. As you can see I draw a line between to two. Perhaps you cannot because of your experience. I have six children how many do you have? Spanking is the last resort but it sometimes needs to be done. It is not my answer to everything. They get plenty of warnings, discussions and reasoning before a spanking occurs, including you're going to get a spanking, if they keep on going then they must not be THAT afraid of me and need an attitude adjustment.

Yes I was abused and yes I agree with spanking. As you can see I draw a line between to two. Perhaps you cannot because of your experience. I have six children how many do you have? Spanking is the last resort but it sometimes needs to be done. It is not my answer to everything. They get plenty of warnings, discussions and reasoning before a spanking occurs, including you're going to get a spanking, if they keep on going then they must not be THAT afraid of me and need an attitude adjustment.
    i agree. man if i knew how much i carried a asswhippin from my dad id be rich, but it kept me from doing stuff i knew not to.. and kept me from drugs and all that.. which kept me from being a piece of crap who steals and all that.. so yea im gonna whip my kids if i ever have any, and if you dont, when your kid steals from me, and i shoot him.. we can all place th blame somewhere other than the kid, bc they didnt know better...(im a extremeist if u cant tell..lol)

So even tho you got abused you lay hands on your children? To me there is no difference in spanking and abuse, both are acts of cowards, your hitting a person much smaller then you that cant defend themselves, all here are over 200lbs right(?) and generaly much stronger then the average human. A light slapp is probly harder then you think.

As you all understand this is a very touchy subject for me since i got abused when i was younger and i will never agree with anyone that hitting your child is the right way in teaching them whats right or wrong, its ****ing stupid!

so, you believe that parents should "reason" with their kids when they act up.....right?

Ummm, let me guess....you don't have any children either...do you?

I'm truly sorry for your abuse as a child.....but there really is a huge difference in spanking a child for discipline vs. abusing the child. Have you seeked counseling over your abuse? Could help you deal with some of the anger. JMHO.

peace,

ttgb

Why do you want your kids to be AFRAID of you? If you teach them proper respect you wont hafto threat(sp) them with hitting them. Imo thats fear not respect. Two very different things.

I have no kids, but im around them almost everyday and ive never seen a situation that justifies the use of force against a child.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Why you want to hit your kids?
    you have to have kids to understand.......

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    so, you believe that parents should "reason" with their kids when they act up.....right?

Ummm, let me guess....you don't have any children either...do you?

I'm truly sorry for your abuse as a child.....but there really is a huge difference in spanking a child for discipline vs. abusing the child. Have you seeked counseling over your abuse? Could help you deal with some of the anger. JMHO.

peace,

ttgb
    Show me the anger in my post please.

My MORALS hinder me from hitting kids, i can not hit anyone that cant defend themselves or is much smaller then me, also they are kids, they are bound to make misstakes but that dosent warant physical action from the adult.

Why do you want your kids to be AFRAID of you? If you teach them proper respect you wont hafto threat(sp) them with hitting them. Imo thats fear not respect. Two very different things.

I have no kids, but im around them almost everyday and ive never seen a situation that justifies the use of force against a child.

Kids are SUPPOSE to be afraid of their parents. They don't need a friend out of the parent....they need a parent. I'm not saying you should have a quota and spank your child at least once a day or anything, but OMG....you are around kids and have NEVER seen a kid that needs their ass spanked!!?? You carry a blind eye my friend.

peace,

ttgb

you have to have kids to understand.......
    Guess im just ignorant then, **** this thread.

Show me the anger in my post please.

My MORALS hinder me from hitting kids, i can not hit anyone that cant defend themselves or is much smaller then me, also they are kids, they are bound to make misstakes but that dosent warant physical action from the adult.
    what your using is called propaganda... whippin and hittin a child are two different things.. and moral highground isnt somewhere you wanna stand when prolly 75% of the ppl here will or have whipped thier children....

Never called you ignorant bro.....not what anyone is saying.

spanking is stupid and a waste of time, you know what the kid is thinking when he gets spanked? he's basically thinking, "oh no!, please dont hit me on the thickest area of fat on my body, not THAT area".like cmon, im gonna whoop my kids ass, hard, if i find him doin somethin out of line, exactly like my dad did to me. not gonna waste my time with that 'spanking' non sence.

the idea, is to whoop his ass badly enough to where, he would be afriad to even mention the day where he messed up and you caught him, in front of you. spanking, what the hell is a spanking? seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Kids are SUPPOSE to be afraid of their parents. They don't need a friend out of the parent....they need a parent. I'm not saying you should have a quota and spank your child at least once a day or anything, but OMG....you are around kids and have NEVER seen a kid that needs their ass spanked!!?? You carry a blind eye my friend.

peace,

ttgb
    I said "that justifies the use of force", sure i can think they need it, but that dosent mean its justified.

i think we should drop it and move on, the ppl who whip their kids and they behave can brag when the ppl who dont kids are pregnant, drug addicts and theive.. fair enough..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    spanking is stupid and a waste of time, you know what the kid is thinking when he gets spanked? he's basically thinking, "oh no!, please dont hit me on the thickest area of fat on my body, not THAT area".like cmon, im gonna whoop my kids ass, hard, if i find him doin somethin out of line, exactly like my dad did to me. not gonna waste my time with that 'spanking' non sence.

the idea, is to whoop his ass badly enough to where, he would be afriad to even mention the day where he messed up and you caught him, in front of you. spanking, what the hell is a spanking? seriously?
    that's pretty funny!

I don't think that anyone without kids has the experience to post an opinion.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    My father was principal all his life, I even graduated from the last school he was in charge of....talk about tough on my ass, I was the only senior to come to school on senior skip day. As well, when I got paddled by a teacher I was then to report to the office so he could have the Asst. Principal paddle me again and when I got home I got again by him.......he told the asst princ. if he couldn't hear the hits from his room down the hall he would make him do it all over....let me tell you sitting was rough for the following days. It's my opinion that a teacher should be allowed to continue doing this..........teachers get NO respect and if a kid knows they can't do anything too them they'll do what they want.....and don't tell me all parents punish their kids.....hell more than half have no idea where their kids are half the time.

I agree that a parent should choose to allow teachers to administer something like this. If they don't want too then they should be prepared to babysit their kids when the administration sends a note home saying their kid isn't allowed to come to school for three or more days......and when they are out of school all tests and homework are counted as zeros and can not be made up...makes it **** hard for a kid to get his grade back up if this happens. When I went to school all parents had to sign a waiver if they wanted corporal punishment administered to their child as well the teacher called the parent to inform them their child was in trouble just to keep things on the up and up....as well, another teacher HAD too be there to witness the act.

D, I've no doubt your kids will stay in line for fear of getting the old man on their butts......but not many, hell, hardly any parents at all care what their kids do and don't disipline them at all.

Spare the rod..................IMHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information