Beernutz is offline Member

Has Anyone seen SuperSize Me???

i just got home from seeing it today. This is the movie where the guy eats nothing but Mcdonalds for 30days straight...Id advise anyone interested in diet and nutrition to watch this movie. All i have to say is Wow!! Watching this movie makes me feel a hell of alot better about all the strict dieting i do. Never will i ever crave a chicken Mcnugget again. watch the movie and youll see why.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    did you rent it???...or is it in the theatres???...never heard of it

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    yeah i wanna see it so bad. it didnt open up in my city and i cant find it on the net. ill have to wait for the dvd i guess...

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Theres an advert going round england now by McDonalds, cant remember it all, but one line form it goes somthing like "McChicken nuggets now made with chicken"

Speed Trials is offline Junior Member
    I saw it a couple of weeks ago. It was surprising how quickly his diet of McDonald's took its toll. After only two weeks the doctors were all telling him to stop due to the immediate health risks (e.g.--liver damage).

ya bro its insane what that **** does to the poor guy. He even yacks after only 2 days of eating it. The movie is only in select cities so you guys will have to wait if its not in your city yet. But i deff reccomend it to anyone interested in nutrition. By the way Chicken mcnuggets are made from Chickens that Have illnesses like over grown breast and there all put in this like huge blender and turned into a yogurt type of gew then they are seasoned and battered and off they go to mcdonalds. Sorry to get grewsome, hope noone losses their lunch but thats the truth. I dont know how this guy hasnt got sewed by Mcdonalds for making this documentary. He must be costing them millions in lost sales after that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Theres an advert going round england now by McDonalds, cant remember it all, but one line form it goes somthing like "McChicken nuggets now made with chicken"
    thats just wrong..

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I want to see this movie. I saw a piece on the news about it and all I can say is this guy is a trooper.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    For those of you that have never heard of this movie, it's a documentary. They follow a guy who has been a healthy eater - hardly ever eaten fast food in his life. He agrees to eat McDonald's three times a day and he can only have what's on the menu - most of the ones he went to didn't have water on the menu, so he could only drink soda.

ALSO, whenever the cashier asked him if he wanted to supersize it, he had to say yes. After 10 days he went and got his blood levels checked and his doctors BEGGED him to stop. His liver was in the same shape of someone who had been an alcoholic. His blood pressure was like 150 over 100 or something stupid like that. Basically, his whole body was shutting down.

Very cool movie to watch. McDonald's fukked this guy up good.
    Last edited by bad_man; 06-27-2004 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    For those of you that have never heard of this movie, it's a documentary. They follow a guy who has been a healthy eater - hardly ever eaten fast food in his life. He agrees to eat McDonald's three times a day and he can only have what's on the menu - most of the ones he went to didn't have water on the menu, so he could only drink soda.

ALSO, whenever the cashier asked him if he wanted to supersize it, he had to say yes. After 10 days he went and got his blood levels checked and his doctors BEGGED him to stop. His liver was in the same shape of someone who had been an alcoholic. His blood pressure was like 150 over 100 or something stupid like that. Basically, his whole body was shutting down.

Very cool movie to watch. McDonald's fukked this guy up good.
    Yhea not to mention his Bf went from 11% to 18% in 1 month. He was gaining on average about 5lbs per week. He went from 185 to like 210 or something like that.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    gezze...i just ate load from there for my cheat meal friday...i really wanna see it now

Danielle is offline Female Member
    grrrr......i've been wanting to see that movie.......but its in such limited reslease here.....playing at like 2 places in the area...........closest theater is probably a good half hour away or so..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Has anyone from Canada seen it?

bigdaddy153 is offline New Member
    Yeah man i have read the article in mens helth and it is SCARY!!.. i mean what if we ate that all the time... i think we would die in less than a year.

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    Evedently McDonalds said that due to the hype over the movie, they are no longer going to offer Super Size combos----- yeah right!

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Mcdonalds wouldnt be offering them if disgusting fatbody Americans werent buying them.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    haha fat $hits

decadbal is offline Banned
    the guy almost had kidney failure and a few other things, gained like 25lbs of fat.. i doubt anyone who ate there once a week would have aprob or even less as the case with most bros on here..

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    If anyone was interested in that movie, I highly suggest reading "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser. If you like his work, try reading "Reefer Madness", also another very interesting read.
    Last edited by tonytone36; 08-17-2004 at 03:50 PM.

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    'Supersize' This is one thing that is one of my biggest pet peeves. Did I ASK for supersize? Did I ask for one of your fukn pens that are on sale? I don't care if your gum is on special!!! Every place I go to tryin to push their 5hit ! If I fukin want something I'll fukin ASK FOR IT! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Losin It.....

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i am downloading it right now...this will motivate me to get my diet in check hopefully...well, that and the beer gut i am developing

cb25 is offline Banned
    i can't wait to see this movie. seriously.

and tonytone...i've been thinking about picking up that fastfood nation book. i'll have to check for it.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    and tonytone...i've been thinking about picking up that fastfood nation book. i'll have to check for it.

You should definitely do that, it will open your eyes..

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    i eat maccas all the time. luv it.

-Sean

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    the guys girlfriend is from my town. great movie. look around next tiem your anywhere and notice the soze of everyone. just go to the store or someplace wheer everyone goes. almost everyone has some fat hanging out if nto a **** load of it. people dont take the tiem to take care of themselves

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    I just don't know how people eat that stuff. Anyone think they'll ever make it healthy (well to an extent where it won't kill you) in the future?

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Mcdonalds wouldnt be offering them if disgusting fatbody Americans werent buying them.
    Ronald has his butt all over the world- here in Italy is it called "King Size", and yes0they all do it! When I was in Egypt- those cats did the same...McD's is a world wide plague.

Thread Information