Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Good looking car
    Thanks Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    granted the car is fast, but let lets ask these ppl what they'd rather have, the little import, or a Z06............i dont care how fast that little import is, i'd never buy one. And like it was said b4, spend equal money on mods and you will never touch a v8

It's not quit a little import...it's a lexus IS300, it's not like its a Civic, as for a sports car, yes i would rather have a Z06, but for practicality IS300 is a better car...they both have their place in the car market...it's just funny watching a 4 dr sedan beating a Z06 "sports car"...that's all

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    HOLY CRAP that guy lives so close to me.... that white mustang with the black hood I have raced and rolled hard. I want him to race something with some mods..... please Dont get me wrong that car is FAST for what it is... wonder if he ever got beat on video becase there are a lot of fast ass cars around here.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    look what u started XXL lol. Dont u know car talk is almost as bad as politics with some people... ugg. Anyways i like 4 dr sedan as well and have a VR6 supercharged. Ive seen a Ford festia at the track beat a vett, so u can make any car fast. Yes with unlimited money the V8 would be faster. But thats not what were talking about. We are talking about his street ride. I like some imports (most german) and some american v8's. So just chill with the V8's will still when with unlimited money because no one on the street really cares and no one really needs a 9's street car. If your in the top 10% of cars on the road then is going to be a fun ride. MY dad has a benz E55 AMG and its sweet to pass vetts with room for 5 people

Yes V8 will be faster all things being the same...however that IS300 with the turbo still cost less then the Z06 bone stock, so i guess the IS owner is just playing catch-up to the Z06, to make the money issue even...i think he still has ways to go...

yeah it's funny how car talk is so personal...LOL...it's almost like religion...

XXL

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Mike, have you looked into the 1jz or 2 jz swaps? There is a guy that lives near me with a car exactly like yours but white with a 2jz swap, it a sleeper man....

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    2JZ is the way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    Mike, have you looked into the 1jz or 2 jz swaps? There is a guy that lives near me with a car exactly like yours but white with a 2jz swap, it a sleeper man....

The engine in the car right now is a 2JZ-GE the supra is 2JZ-GT (Turbo charged) i would like to toss one of those in but it is very difficult and time consuming...there was a car show "Rides" on TV that did the V-8 swap into the IS300 and the thing was mean....there is nothing like the sound of a V-8, fakin' mean...going the Turbo or Supercharger route is more economical with this car...as i said hopefully next year i can go and kill me some vetts...LOL...

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Wow... we have some wealthy guys in here...
    I bought my SC for 3300 bux...Canadian
    STOCK: 3.8L V6, supercharged, intercooled, IRS, adjustable suspension, nitrogen-powered shocks, posi, 3.27s, leather, 2dr.....

It only makes 210hp... but it makes 315 ft-lbs of torque.... and that's stock... in 1991... (with an '89 design)....

Hmm...

But don't worry, that lil engine will be out this winter.... the big fella is going to have some fun with her....

Miek maybe you should wait since lexis is coming out with the 3.5 v6 for the IS in the new modles. And that V8 in the IS300 was a test modle. Lexis is planing its performance modles in 2006 and the "IS 420" might be in that line up (an IS with the 4.2V8 as seen in rides). So maybe you'll want to wait and pick up ones of those
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    The engine in the car right now is a 2JZ-GE the supra is 2JZ-GT (Turbo charged) i would like to toss one of those in but it is very difficult and time consuming...there was a car show "Rides" on TV that did the V-8 swap into the IS300 and the thing was mean....there is nothing like the sound of a V-8, fakin' mean...going the Turbo or Supercharger route is more economical with this car...as i said hopefully next year i can go and kill me some vetts...LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Miek maybe you should wait since lexis is coming out with the 3.5 v6 for the IS in the new modles. And that V8 in the IS300 was a test modle. Lexis is planing its performance modles in 2006 and the "IS 420" might be in that line up (an IS with the 4.2V8 as seen in rides). So maybe you'll want to wait and pick up ones of those
    Too late the IS300 is already in the drive way, but maybe in 2006 i will trade here in, however it will be around the price of M3, which a bit steap for me...plus i think at that point i would buy the M3 anyway...i like I-6 better then V-6 it's smoother and extremly quiet...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Wow... we have some wealthy guys in here...
    Deffinitely not me...i owe money for my toy and got laid off last week...this is no fun at all...

The new M3's will have the M5's V8. The M5's get the new V10. So unless your getting it used then you'll have to get it with a V8. But the new M2 will have the current M3's motor and be lighter then the current M3. Can we say BoooYAaa?! I know i will be saying that because ill be on the list to get one
    Too late the IS300 is already in the drive way, but maybe in 2006 i will trade here in, however it will be around the price of M3, which a bit steap for me...plus i think at that point i would buy the M3 anyway...i like I-6 better then V-6 it's smoother and extremly quiet...XXL

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Yah, Im thinkin pretty seriously of supercharging my corvette and if that was the case, that IS would be like its name...but more so WAS300

Personally I think the Z06 wasnt in gear and that that was just a pull ahead .. not like the Z06 was looking or even racing.. NO CAR can pull on a Z06 like that ... and YOU"D hear the zo6 quite easily.

If I was making a video, ya, I'd tap the gas and make it look like a pull too.

that was a pretty cool video .. where was that?

see that cobra, thats a sweet ride. I like IS300 .... if they are supercharged... otherwise well. Its not my thing, not baggin on your car, but yellow isnt my thing either. Unless its a Z06.

So far at least... lotsa fast cars out there.
    Last edited by Dally; 08-18-2004 at 03:43 PM.

Deffinitely not me...i owe money for my toy and got laid off last week...this is no fun at all...
    Well, that is where you and many others differ from me (believe me, I'm not being a dick)...

At this age, with so much already owing for school, I can't get a loan, so I have had to bust ass for the past 6 years in order to afford some toys.. (19yo)....

My truck took me 2-3 years to pay for, and the others came with time as well...

You see, like I stated above, at this point in my life (young, single, no kids), I don't have to worry about seating, or safety for that matter...

I would LIKE to afford a new Cobra, or SLK Benz lol, but that's not in the cards.. so I make do with what I have... building things with my hands, and making them embarrass rides that are in the 50G+ range....

Next project: '64 Comet, 14-71 Blown 514 stroker...

P.S. Sorry to hear about your job bro, I'm sure things will work out soon .. Karma...

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    Yah, Im thinkin pretty seriously of supercharging my corvette.

Personally I think the Z06 wasnt in gear and that that was just a pull ahead .. not like the Z06 was looking or even racing.. NO CAR can pull on a Z06 like that ... and YOU"D hear the zo6 quite easily.

Many, many can.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    bet my 97 mkIV supra would smoke most any car around MY area!!!

1047rwhp but got some serious gear ratios in there.
    all work was done by the supra store, they made the cars for the fast and the furius 2(not that it matters)....

when i was in miami i completely ate a ferrari 575m maranello to pieces, and that has i think a 6 liter v12

Many, many can.

not many mang, maybe that was one of em, but, I dont think so, the video with the zo6 was about well, 1 or 2 seconds. Gimme a break.

Also, Mike said that that car can run low 12s in the quarter.?? was that the one?

There are stock Z06's that run consistent mid 11's. Thats a fact.

better motor, and yes the M3 is a schweet car.

Im actually lookin at a nice porsche maybe instead of the forced induction in my corvette.

P.S I had a G35 coupe that I was gonna put a ATI blower on, but a friend of mine did and had a few too many hassles with it.... so, got the vettster.

not many mang, maybe that was one of em, but, I dont think so, the video with the zo6 was about well, 1 or 2 seconds. Gimme a break.

Also, Mike said that that car can run low 12s in the quarter.?? was that the one?

I didn't say that he pulled on him in the video, I'm just saying that many cars can. That is also a fact.

Yah, Im thinkin pretty seriously of supercharging my corvette and if that was the case, that IS would be like its name...but more so WAS300

that was a pretty cool video .. where was that?

see that cobra, thats a sweet ride. I like IS300 .... if they are supercharged... otherwise well. Its not my thing, not baggin on your car, but yellow isnt my thing either. Unless its a Z06.

So far at least... lotsa fast cars out there.
    Well i belive the Z06 has 400hp to the crank, the car in the video has 387 to the rear wheel that is about 440hp to the crank, i am not sure what the curb weight of the Z06 is but i think it might be a bit heavier then the IS...so i can see IS beating it, maybe not in the run from 0-120mph, but from the roll-yes, the IS is a very well geared car when it comes to starting from a roll, even stock it can beat cars otherwise would eat it alive from the stop...

well that's funny you mention you do not like yellow, because i bought the car for me not you

The video was shot in SoCal it was the yearly domestic meat, they always go for a 1 hr highway drive...

And belive me when i tell you there are a lot faster IS300 out there then this one, this is acctually rather low RWHPIS300 for being turbo-ed, so even with your supercharger i bet there are some that would give you a go...

Glad you liked and acctually took the time to watch the video..peace...XXL

err 2003 ZO6's run a 0-60: 4.5 and 1/4mile: 12.8 @114...thats far from mid 11's my friend

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    bet my 97 mkIV supra would smoke most any car around MY area!!!

1047rwhp but got some serious gear ratios in there.
    all work was done by the supra store, they made the cars for the fast and the furius 2(not that it matters)....

when i was in miami i completely ate a ferrari 575m maranello to pieces, and that has i think a 6 liter v12
    I have seen a video of a supra racing Z06 vet, Viper and a lemborgini and it pulled on all of them hard...it was a 1000rwhp Supra, the races were from a Roll and it was a wicked video i wish i could find a link again....****...XXL

Blown SC, i know what you are saying Bro, i might not be young like you, but when i was i was quite a knob...it took me a long time to pay off all my "get laid" loans, i spend on toys and girls back in the day...finally the time came for me when i could buy another toy and have a bit of fun again...hopefuly i learned from my mistakes...LOL, i doubt it

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    Hey, dose anyone know how to post video clips on threads? or if its possible?

I got 2 sweet clips.. one is the porche vs. charger and the other is a 73 charger vs 2003 nisan 350Z

can anyone help? no its not to start the arguement up but they are cool clips.

Blown SC, i know what you are saying Bro, i might not be young like you, but when i was i was quite a knob...it took me a long time to pay off all my "get laid" loans, i spend on toys and girls back in the day...finally the time came for me when i could buy another toy and have a bit of fun again...hopefuly i learned from my mistakes...LOL, i doubt it
    I would owe money up the ass if the bank would let me, so I'm glad they don't... when you are single, 19, and don't live with parents, the banks don't exactly throw loans at you lol....

BTW.. you have a nice ride bro ... for example...JCStomper and I have the same philosophy about cars, even though our loyalty lies with different brands... we both respect anything that is fast, and well-engineered...

I would owe money up the ass if the bank would let me, so I'm glad they don't... when you are single, 19, and don't live with parents, the banks don't exactly throw loans at you lol....

BTW.. you have a nice ride bro ... for example...JCStomper and I have the same philosophy about cars, even though our loyalty lies with different brands... we both respect anything that is fast, and well-engineered...
    Well said Bro! If the bank would give me more money and the wife would not find out about it, i would be in dept all the way to my eyeballs too...thank even they are willing to lend me only so much

And thanks!

err 2003 ZO6's run a 0-60: 4.5 and 1/4mile: 12.8 @114...thats far from mid 11's my friend

hmmm .. where'd ya get them numbers?

heres a vette site with some vids of stocks .. maybe running drag radials.. dunno, but quite a few get in the 11's my friend.

fack, I cant find the links.... I WILL DAMMIT >> I WILL.

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    Hey, dose anyone know how to post video clips on threads? or if its possible?

I got 2 sweet clips.. one is the porche vs. charger and the other is a 73 charger vs 2003 nisan 350Z

can anyone help? no its not to start the arguement up but they are cool clips.

You have too find a host for the videos and then post a link.
    XXL

off topic kinda, but its funny that pretty much every guy I know whose a gym rat/ user is also a gear head/speed freak.... must be connected in the wiring of our brains

It's the Testosterone conection

off topic kinda, but its funny that pretty much every guy I know whose a gym rat/ user is also a gear head/speed freak.... must be connected in the wiring of our brains
    Indeed... and we're not as dumb as most think... alot of guys on this board are businessmen, and engineers for example....

It's the Testosterone conection

for me is the lack of wang.

still cant find the dang numbers!!

I aint sh*ttin yas

here is the site with the 11's z06 stock but this is a C5 with some addons for 1800 bucks and he's in the 11's

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=880887

but this is like a hijack in a way.

I like your and the other IS .. theres always someone faster.

Last edited by Dally; 08-18-2004 at 04:16 PM.

Indeed... and we're not as dumb as most think... alot of guys on this board are businessmen, and engineers for example....

I am dumb

Although I am not a GM fan.. you can take a stock G/N and turn 11's with under $2000 in mods... i'd like to see a civic do that...

for me is the lack of wang.

still cant find the dang numbers!!
    Yeah i try to grow my wang by driving a nicer car then most...LOL is it working for you, i think i got an extra 1/8" or it might be just a plecibo effect

I am dumb
    No, you're special.

CHECK THIS SITE OUT... this is what I am constructing with my 1991 over the winter... who said that big cars can't handle...

600hp, and rice-eating...

Although I am not a GM fan.. you can take a stock G/N and turn 11's with under $2000 in mods... i'd like to see a civic do that...
    Very true, even the stuipid SRT-4 with just a mopar bolt on parts you can get 300hp out of that neao...****...

No, you're special.
    "Special Olympics" kind of special

holy shat DUDE

I just edited my post WITH THAT EXACTLY

high cue

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information