Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    How are you all assuming they were stock american muscle cars ?
    All of the performance mod's are not visible on a highway, well except maybe big spoiler worth at least 15hp and ground effects another 10hp...i am sure some of those domestics had sht donw to them, since it was their cool "get together to show of our fast cars" meet...XXL
    I said slightly modified........ but if you been around big motors you know the sound bro.......... It's hard to think when my car sits it's so loud..... when I jump on it even louder.

There was one camaro (gray) that was in the video that sounded worked.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    The track is where you go to tune....the street is where it matters. I don't care what 1000rwhp supra runs on slicks at the track........if you can't hook up on the pavement, I'm not impressed. I'll stick w/ my typhoon. 10.3x at the track on DRs and still in the 10's on the street. You'll have plenty of time to think up some good rationalizations as to why rwd is better while I'm waiting for you at the end of the 1/4 mi
    No offence but I use to run on the streets when I was a kid............. now it's just the track. You can kill someone.

Also, what does slicks have to do with anything........... some cars have so much tork they need slicks or cheaters...........

What impresses me is no fiber glass, NOS, blowers............ all motor and the car's original weight is what impresses me.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    We are not talking about unlimited money and V-8 vs 4 cylinder, No.1 the car in the video is inline-6 which is same engine as in supra and not a 4 cylinder...No.2 There are many and i say many Toyota Supras with over 1000rwhp and still street legal, ...No.3 I know a few guys that would disagree with your EVO Mr statement, so when you get it let me know where you are and i will set something up for you, see how quick you are agains 549rwhp IS...

Anyway did you guys even watch the video...watch and see mustangs GT, Camaros and corvett fall to this car...and it's not unlimted money spent on the IS it's around 8-10,0000...XXL
    if you take that much money and invest it into a modern "muscle car" the perfomance gap between the two cars would be staggering, in the sense that 8k into a just a camaro would smoke an import.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    No offence but I use to run on the streets when I was a kid............. now it's just the track. You can kill someone.

Also, what does slicks have to do with anything........... some cars have so much tork they need slicks or cheaters...........

What impresses me is no fiber glass, NOS, blowers............ all motor and the car's original weight is what impresses me.

They impress me too bro..... but so does a vehicle that came stock with a turbocharged v6 that can Own pretty much any vehicle on the road from 0-60. Not much can touch a sy/ty from a stop. Especially a modified sy/ty with a good driver.

I also owned a 71 chevelle a while back w/ a modified 454.....now that car was a monster.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    They impress me too bro..... but so does a vehicle that came stock with a turbocharged v6 that can Own pretty much any vehicle on the road from 0-60. Not much can touch a sy/ty from a stop. Especially a modified sy/ty with a good driver.

I also owned a 71 chevelle a while back w/ a modified 454.....now that car was a monster.

<<LMO>>
    71 Chevelle my favorite year for them

I couldn't agree more if I had enough cash right now I would be looking for a stock 86 or 87 GN.................. but I have to save for this wedding..... ****!!!!!!!!!

71 Chevelle my favorite year for them

I couldn't agree more if I had enough cash right now I would be looking for a stock 86 or 87 GN.................. but I have to save for this wedding..... ****!!!!!!!!!

LOL I hear ya...... the GN seen out here in Vegas is hot. My buddy owns a Transmission shop and has a heavily modified GN that runs 10.50's all day long. It is capable of going faster but he doesn't want to risk blowing it up. Plus 116 octane fuel is pricy

I can't put any more money into the sy or the blazer right now because I am buying a house..... Prioritizing sucks sometimes

<<LMO>>

I'm talking rural empty highway stuff.....not TV-style city drags. I just mean that you always hear about 1000+rwhp supras.....but on the street, they don't do much. All the torque in the world is useless unless you can plant it. If you've ever launched an AWD turbo'd vehicle (especially a SyTy), you'll never really feel the same way about rwd again. I've had my share of rwd'ers too. I even drove dad's ZR1 for a couple summers, but nothing compares to usable hp IMO

I'm talking rural empty highway stuff.....not TV-style city drags. I just mean that you always hear about 1000+rwhp supras.....but on the street, they don't do much. All the torque in the world is useless unless you can plant it. If you've ever launched an AWD turbo'd vehicle (especially a SyTy), you'll never really feel the same way about rwd again. I've had my share of rwd'ers too. I even drove dad's ZR1 for a couple summers, but nothing compares to usable hp IMO
    I don't know I love the feeling when the front end pulls when the car hooks up........... I guess I'm old school........ hell I am old

Turbo AWD boost launches are in a world of their own. Although it is fun to spool up the turbo on the blazer x and launch RWD. It's fun to feel the front end lift.

The chevelle was insane though..... you would launch and be instantly look at the sky

<<LMO>>
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 08-18-2004 at 08:12 PM.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I said slightly modified........ but if you been around big motors you know the sound bro.......... It's hard to think when my car sits it's so loud..... when I jump on it even louder.

Agreed bro. Entirely. NEARLY every time.. I can tell if she's worked.. idle, response, etc...

Regarding AWD vs. RWD...

Sure, AWD is nice.... but it's also VERY ****in heavy...

When you have an all-steel car, and AWD.. with a big mill.. the fuker gets mighty heavy...

Why not have RWD.. that can actually hook up...

I would like to put a full-weight AWD car up against a full-weight RWD car with a 9inch 4-link setup with ET's... we'd see who would own who...

AWD is sick on the street for sure.. but when you're with the big dogs.. RWD is superior...

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut

<<LMO>>
    As does any factory blown vehicle...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Sure, AWD is nice.... but it's also VERY ****in heavy...

When you have an all-steel car, and AWD.. with a big mill.. the fuker gets mighty heavy...

Why not have RWD.. that can actually hook up...

I would like to put a full-weight AWD car up against a full-weight RWD car with a 9inch 4-link setup with ET's... we'd see who would own who...

AWD is sick on the street for sure.. but when you're with the big dogs.. RWD is superior...

Agreed, but with DRs on all 4 (315/35/17 in the rear and 275/40/17 up front) and AWD, the added weight is well worth the trade off.

You bring up a good point about a decent rwd suspension setup, the thing is, few really bother improving suspension and traction. these **** kids will buy every **** shiney bolt on they see in a magazine but don't even consider improving the usable power of their vehicles.

Even against the bigdogs, I'll take a 10 sec AWD (on the street even) SyTy over a big hp rwd'er, even with a decent suspension and DRs

At the track, it's a different story

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member

Errrr the sound isnt a tell all... as not everyone does the same thing to the exhaust. You could tell if it had cams at idle and if you knew the motor really well then maybe the sound at higher RPM's if it had head work etc. I think it would be rather hard to tell what n/a motor work is done (note i said N/A not F/I). I knew a kid with a sleeper of a V8... worked the whole motor and changed the exhaust pipes to a larger size yet kept the stock mufflers and resonators to keep it quite (less loud lol not really quite)

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    hey LMO, got any pics of the chevelle? why don't u stil have it? i would give up my mother before a 71 454 chevelle

I'll look through the digi cam disks and see if I can find some pics of it. I really miss that car.....we put so much work into it and then sold it for next to nothing because my dad got tired of it. It was out project car.....we bought it for $5000 and it had the original 350 in it and was all beat to ****. We dropped like $20k into it between motor and interior / exterior work and had that thing looking SWEET. Then we took it out to the track a few times.....ran some 11's on just the motor (because we had an NO2 kit as well) but never got to run it on the juice because we had no roll cage and would have been kicked out because it would have easily pulled a low 10 on a 125 shot. And we had jets to jet it up to a 200 shot

If I can find pics I'll post em. Let me go on the car forum I used to post on and see if they are still uploaded there. I know the description I wrote out is still there with all the specs on the motor etc.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Errrr the sound isnt a tell all... as not everyone does the same thing to the exhaust. You could tell if it had cams at idle and if you knew the motor really well then maybe the sound at higher RPM's if it had head work etc. I think it would be rather hard to tell what n/a motor work is done (note i said N/A not F/I). I knew a kid with a sleeper of a V8... worked the whole motor and changed the exhaust pipes to a larger size yet kept the stock mufflers and resonators to keep it quite (less loud lol not really quite)
    Errrrrrrrr (WTF is that)........ I've been around cars since I was 13....... My first car when I turned 16 was a 70 Camaro w/ a worked 427......... sick street car....
    I have Flow Master Exhaust on my goat and went with the 40 series mufflers to quiet it down more than the 30's....... You can still hear the cam, and everything else I have done to the car..........

But you are right it's not a tell ALL but a very good indicator......... I don't know what you have in your area but it's common around here to have big $$$$ thrown into the car.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Man your talking some mad **** humm i wonder if a twin turbo
    corvett with a ls6 and 6 speed and racing slicks and spoiler
    could beat a stock ls300 haha. **** man you just cant race a
    bone stock muscle car when the other car has 30gs into it.

I see what you are saying. Like I said, AWD is money on the street for sure.
    You bring up a good point about a decent rwd suspension setup, the thing is, few really bother improving suspension and traction. these **** kids will buy every **** shiney bolt on they see in a magazine but don't even consider improving the usable power of their vehicles.
    And THIS is where I differ from others my age. I take everything into account, even down to dropping my tire pressure to get a bit more bite.. if you are educated, and consider all variables, then you can really 'tune' a car properly, as they put it...

Errrrrrrrr (WTF is that)........ I've been around cars since I was 13....... My first car when I turned 16 was a 70 Camaro w/ a worked 427......... sick street car....
    I have Flow Master Exhaust on my goat and went with the 40 series mufflers to quiet it down more than the 30's....... You can still hear the cam, and everything else I have done to the car..........

But you are right it's not a tell ALL but a very good indicator......... I don't know what you have in your area but it's common around here to have big $$$$ thrown into the car.
    I run delta-flows from Flowmaster, .. same reasons as you.
    Also, people can FEEL my truck when they stand beside it.. not hard to tell it's got a diff. idle, lift, and dur.,... Putatuh patatuh... knocks a coffee off the dash

Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    corvett with a ls6 and 6 speed and racing slicks and spoilercould beat a stock ls300 haha. **** man you just cant race a
    A spoiler would have VERY lil effect on the car... (especially while rolling straight)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For all you American Muscle car fans...here a little import...-aerodynamics.jpe  

Hey mudman... first just wanted to say i dont want to come off as a smart ass or anything of that nature. Just some friendly car talk . Ive been around cars since i was young myself (my dad owns a shop). My first race car was a '91 camaro z28... all motor bored & stroked. It even had the doors welded so u had to hop in threw the window. I had deta flow on my car and you could still hear the cam over-lap and what not... deta flow seems 2 just keep it quite while normal driving (no highway drone), but when u open it up @ WOT then u can still hear stuff. But your still stuck on flow master and not everyone uses them. Yea its common to have $$ thrown into cars here... where i live people like toys and cars being one of them, next to there hummers and ferrari. Around here sleepers are the thing, so people try to look inconspicuous.

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Hey mudman... first just wanted to say i dont want to come off as a smart ass or anything of that nature. Just some friendly car talk . Ive been around cars since i was young myself (my dad owns a shop). My first race car was a '91 camaro z28... all motor bored & stroked. It even had the doors welded so u had to hop in threw the window. I had deta flow on my car and you could still hear the cam over-lap and what not... deta flow seems 2 just keep it quite while normal driving (no highway drone), but when u open it up @ WOT then u can still hear stuff. But your still stuck on flow master and not everyone uses them. Yea its common to have $$ thrown into cars here... where i live people like toys and cars being one of them, next to there hummers and ferrari. Around here sleepers are the thing, so people try to look inconspicuous.
    I run open headers at the track............ I go with FM because they sound nice and fit my car with no hassle.

I have seen some "sleepers" tear the track aup a few times. Those are the exciting ones to watch........ You think the other car has it until you see the other car launch and blow the doors off the other car...... always fun to see

Yea thats what i like about it... i now have a VR6 jetta mkIII supercharged, so first no one expects that to be fast at all, but then throw in that it has no body mods (even stock rims) and still has the stock muffler on (so it looks totally untouched except the suspension). So when u blast people the look on there face is priceless. Thats what im about right now... the shock value. I did the beffy V8 thing and had it so race ready that it would almost stall out at idle, but my long term girl friend hated it and refused to ride in my car
    so i did something that we could both live with.

I run open headers at the track............ I go with FM because they sound nice and fit my car with no hassle.

I have seen some "sleepers" tear the track aup a few times. Those are the exciting ones to watch........ You think the other car has it until you see the other car launch and blow the doors off the other car...... always fun to see

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Yo blown dont forget about when you do some street ****
    you know u got to show off for your hoes.

Yo blown dont forget about when you do some street ****
    you know u got to show off for your hoes.
    I'd rather show off this way...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For all you American Muscle car fans...here a little import...-glen-mays-cranberry-connection.jpg  

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You guys all shut up, wait and see when Ill tun my Lada 1981!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang331
    Yup nothing beats it..

Here is some nice muscle for you guys... I just finished it..

Looks nice! really nice,!

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    We are not talking about unlimited money and V-8 vs 4 cylinder, No.1 the car in the video is inline-6 which is same engine as in supra and not a 4 cylinder...No.2 There are many and i say many Toyota Supras with over 1000rwhp and still street legal, ...No.3 I know a few guys that would disagree with your EVO Mr statement, so when you get it let me know where you are and i will set something up for you, see how quick you are agains 549rwhp IS...

Anyway did you guys even watch the video...watch and see mustangs GT, Camaros and corvett fall to this car...and it's not unlimted money spent on the IS it's around 8-10,0000...XXL
    gimme $8-$10,000 to spend on my car, and good night, you will be chasing borla pipes after 1st gear......

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    imports are overrated imo anyway. I have beaten 2 EVOs, an STI, an M3, and a twin turbo 300zx, and I by no means consider my car to be "very fast". And there is no way that that IS300 beats the Z06, the driver of that vette should be shot. That car PULLS!!!!! And putting up a video where you are beating Z28s and GT mustangs, gimme a break, my friend has an RSX type s and Ive been with him 3 times where he embarrased GTs.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    corvett with a ls6 and 6 speed and racing slicks and spoiler
    could beat a stock ls300 haha. **** man you just cant race a
    Give your head a shake Bro...30g into that IS, whatever....the turbo set up with tuning cost him about 10g...NOT 30g...and HOW the fak do you assume the muscle cars where stock...ohhh i know because they got beat they had to be stock....i get ya....

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    imports are overrated imo anyway. I have beaten 2 EVOs, an STI, an M3, and a twin turbo 300zx, and I by no means consider my car to be "very fast". And there is no way that that IS300 beats the Z06, the driver of that vette should be shot. That car PULLS!!!!! And putting up a video where you are beating Z28s and GT mustangs, gimme a break, my friend has an RSX type s and Ive been with him 3 times where he embarrased GTs.

OK what cars would you like to see go down to imports let me know and i will post you a video, anyway M3 would get aeten alive by this IS300, so would EVO VIII, STI and a twin turbo 300zx...and so would your car...and yes he could pull on Z06, IS is geared for top end, once it's rolling it can beat a lot of cars that would beat it off the line, and Z06 is rated at 400hp, that IS300 is 387rwhp which is around 435-440hp to the crank, so right there it's more then the Z06...enough said...

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    You guys all shut up, wait and see when Ill tun my Lada 1981!

You keep us posted!!

OK what cars would you like to see go down to imports let me know and i will post you a video, anyway M3 would get aeten alive by this IS300, so would EVO VIII, STI and a twin turbo 300zx...and so would your car...and yes he could pull on Z06, IS is geared for top end, once it's rolling it can beat a lot of cars that would beat it off the line, and Z06 is rated at 400hp, that IS300 is 387rwhp which is around 435-440hp to the crank, so right there it's more then the Z06...enough said...
    The 405hp Z06 makes a lil more than 405 at the crank... and makes 352-365 rwhp....(Here it is on the dyno)

Btw.. not arguing, just helping to provide accurate numbers...

The 405hp Z06 makes a lil more than 405 at the crank... and makes 352-365 rwhp....(Here it is on the dyno)

Btw.. not arguing, just helping to provide accurate numbers...
    Thanks Bro!
    Now how much does a Z06 weight?

Just for the record i am not saying that this IS300 is the greatest thing since sliced bread...all i am saying that it's beating some of the american cars that would be considered muscle, you know all the guys that buy the Z06 are buying it because it's a vett, it's sepouse to be fast and it's a cool car...it's fun watching a IS300 beat it, as it is not know for being fast "sports" car, more entry level lexury sedan...and even with the turbo it still cost less then the Z06......much less
    XXL

Thanks Bro!
    Now how much does a Z06 weight?

Just for the record i am not saying that this IS300 is the greatest thing since sliced bread...all i am saying that it's beating some of the american cars that would be considered muscle, you know all the guys that buy the Z06 are buying it because it's a vett, it's sepouse to be fast and it's a cool car...it's fun watching a IS300 beat it, as it is not know for being fast "sports" car, more entry level lexury sedan...and even with the turbo it still cost less then the Z06......much less
    XXL
    About 3100lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas...

BTW.. i would rather BUILD a car for less that they have in their 'bling', rims, and stereos; and still be able to amply molest them on the road, or track for that matter...there is no greater feeling that eating someone up driving 'Daddy's Car'...

VisionBoy is offline New Member
    hey there, it's funny that the video made it to this forum, but thats cool!
    I hope u like the clips. if not, then sorry, i''ll try to make it better next time.

i just wanted to clarified some things since i'm here. this video wasnt created to show that american cars suck or anything ( I don't know why people get so offended when and import beats a domestic? even the racers in the video who lost gave us thumbs up and were cool) it just happened that the only cars we ran into were domestics that day. It was a gathering of a bunch of people who has fixed up cars and came out to show it off and to race and just have some fun.

now i dont know about car as much as you guys, but trust me when i say those cars were not stock, and they dont need to be for the IS to beat them.

Also no one said this IS is the fastest or greatest car ever...so stop dogging it. In fact we have better cars (Toyota Supra and Nissan 240's that are faster than this car) Instead, just ask what this car has that makes it fast? Well for anyone who wants to know. this car is a sleeper car. it has a turbocharged toyota supra engine and tranny with around 21 lbs of boost which gives it 400+ horses to the wheels. It has full interior and everything and is a daily driver. If you look carefully in the video, the windows were rolled up in some of the races because we were hot and had the AC on!

So my point is, give credit where credit is due. there's nothing wrong with fixing up a 4 door luxury car and making it fast and surprising some powerful american cars...or any fast cars for that matter. it's quite fun.

oh btw ...for the guy who said the person driving the z06 should be shot? well that was actually my brother driving that car. that car, i know is actually stock. it runs mid 12's i think. how do expect it to beat the IS which has more HP and is lighter?

Well I didnt mean to blabber too much. Just thought to share some info. We will have more of our cars up later with some more videos so stay tuned if you're interested. Expect a 9 sec 4 cylinder nissan 240 soon. we already have a 10 sec one, i have the video of it at the track that i'll post up later. anyways stay tune and enjoy!

-www.visionboy.com

decadbal is offline Banned
    Bro! Welcome!
    you didnt ask me if u could post here slut... ask your daddy next time

Quote Originally Posted by VisionBoy
    oh btw ...for the guy who said the person driving the z06 should be shot? well that was actually my brother driving that car. that car, i know is actually stock. it runs mid 12's i think. how do expect it to beat the IS which has more HP and is lighter?
    I'm sure he already knows...
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 08-20-2004 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Deca is Daddy.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    g src="images/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" class="inlineimg" />

Recognized some of those highways

Quote Originally Posted by VisionBoy
    hey there, it's funny that the video made it to this forum, but thats cool!
    I hope u like the clips. if not, then sorry, i''ll try to make it better next time.

i just wanted to clarified some things since i'm here. this video wasnt created to show that american cars suck or anything ( I don't know why people get so offended when and import beats a domestic? even the racers in the video who lost gave us thumbs up and were cool) it just happened that the only cars we ran into were domestics that day. It was a gathering of a bunch of people who has fixed up cars and came out to show it off and to race and just have some fun.

now i dont know about car as much as you guys, but trust me when i say those cars were not stock, and they dont need to be for the IS to beat them.

Also no one said this IS is the fastest or greatest car ever...so stop dogging it. In fact we have better cars (Toyota Supra and Nissan 240's that are faster than this car) Instead, just ask what this car has that makes it fast? Well for anyone who wants to know. this car is a sleeper car. it has a turbocharged toyota supra engine and tranny with around 21 lbs of boost which gives it 400+ horses to the wheels. It has full interior and everything and is a daily driver. If you look carefully in the video, the windows were rolled up in some of the races because we were hot and had the AC on!

So my point is, give credit where credit is due. there's nothing wrong with fixing up a 4 door luxury car and making it fast and surprising some powerful american cars...or any fast cars for that matter. it's quite fun.

Well I didnt mean to blabber too much. Just thought to share some info. We will have more of our cars up later with some more videos so stay tuned if you're interested. Expect a 9 sec 4 cylinder nissan 240 soon. we already have a 10 sec one, i have the video of it at the track that i'll post up later. anyways stay tune and enjoy!

-www.visionboy.com
    Welcome to this board Bro, i loved the video and i brought it over here, i though it was a great exemple of a sleeper and i love the IS300 that's why i bought one, mind you it is not as fast as yous ...as you said instead of making excuses why the IS beat the other cars give respect where respect is due...i know i do...looking forward to the other videos...peace...XXL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information