solid-d is offline Member

Help w/ trying to get friend into the gym...

I got a friend who is 25 years old and hasnt lifted a weight in his life.. I told him , i would train him in my basement(got a few weights down there) for about 6 weeks or so, then the plan was for him to get a memebership at my gym(golds).. Well he lost 10lbs on fat and gained 2-3reps on most exercises.. Now, its almost a hassle for me to keep training him, and now its on my time or no time, but he wont get a memebership.. He now has fallen off the wagon for the past 3-4 weeks.. I beleive the main reason he doesnt want to go to the gym because he cant lift alot of weight, I mean he max on the bench is 120lbs.. Other reasons include not knowing all the exercises for all muscles and his time schuled.. But he is making lame ass excuses about getting a membership.. I mean its a good thing for him to do, he just doesnt realize it.. Mabee he just aint cut out for it?? But when I was training him for the 6 weeks, he was soo F motivated... How can I get him to go to the gym..

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Tell him there are craploads of hot girls at the gym wearing skimpy clothes....this should get him to at least go check it out.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    hum its hard to force something like that on people. They either will or they wont. I trained for 2 years in my garage for the same reasons u stated (couldnt lift much)

Maraxus is offline Banned
    You gotta start somewhere.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytone36
    Tell him there are craploads of hot girls at the gym wearing skimpy clothes....this should get him to at least go check it out.

disagree........that's no reason to join a gym........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    cant force it bro

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    i agree with your disagree

yeah but if he is not going, then he doesn't want to go. You need to change his mind. You need something that will make him want to go. Right now he doesn't want to go to lift, but all you need to do is get him in there for a while. Then he either wants to join or not. Sometimes people need a little push to do something, or in his case, perhaps another benefit of joining.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytone36
    yeah but if he is not going, then he doesn't want to go. You need to change his mind. You need something that will make him want to go. Right now he doesn't want to go to lift.
    if he doesn't want to work out, he doesnt want to work out and you can't force him.........having hot girls in the gym will do nothing for him.........it's not like they are going to give him the time of day anyway....
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

if he doesn't want to work out, he doesnt want to work out and you can't force him.........having hot girls in the gym will do nothing for him.........it's not like they are going to give him the time of day anyway....
    I know if I didn't want to do something, the promise of good looking females might change my mind. They might not give him the time of day NOW, but he may realize that a few years in the gym will make him much more appealing. Everyone is different, to each his own. It's just an idea.

Thread Information