brian11 is offline Member

can you ever be satisfied?

I'm not even close to looking the way that i eventually would like to look. However, I find that when i see other guys at the gym or anywhere for that matter that are jacked up and cut like a stone, I still dont think i would be happy with their bodies. Basically i wonder if i will ever actually be satisfied with the way i look. anyone else ever feel that way?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    once i hit about 280 at 5% bodyfat i think id be pretty happy.....but thats not exactly in the near future, lifting is all about accomplishing goals and once u accomplish ur goals u set higher ones....just keeps going on and on....an endless cycle....

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Hell no.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    I mean I won't ever be satisfied, not that I don't ever feel that way.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm satisfied to a certain extent. When you're walking around the beach in the summer with a 6 pack and still bigger than just about everyone else, its satisfying, or just sticking out in a crowd because of your size and getting more looks. But this is only comparing yourself to avg ppl. If I start evaluating myself for what i need to do for my next comp, then i will be never satisfied because there is always room for more muscularity, striations, seperation, and I still have to make up for my genetic structural flaws.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Never be happy.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    There is always room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Well, I'm satisfied to a certain extent. When you're walking around the beach in the summer with a 6 pack and still bigger than just about everyone else, its satisfying, or just sticking out in a crowd because of your size and getting more looks. But this is only comparing yourself to avg ppl. If I start evaluating myself for what i need to do for my next comp, then i will be never satisfied because there is always room for more muscularity, striations, seperation, and I still have to make up for my genetic structural flaws.
    i guess if i was built even like the smallest person in a competition, then i would be closer to being satisfied

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    some people will never be happy no matter how far they go. Those kind of people need to seek help

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    some people will never be happy no matter how far they go. Those kind of people need to seek help
    that depends how you look at it. as was stated above, setting goals, attaining them, and then setting new ones is not cause for seeking help. a healthy desire to constantly improve yourself is a pretty redeeming quality.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i absolutely hate the way i look, even though ppl tell me i look great. i think when you're not at your best and someone close to you always puts you down it can wear on you and give you a sense of being a failure and force you to always have low self esteem. And i believe thats what happened to me. A girl once made me feel like i was dreadful looking and it just stuck and i feel like i can never be good enough

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    no doubt i agree 100%, but some people will never be happy no matter what goal they reach. Take a women who gets breast implants.... then 7 other surgeries later and still hates herself (i have a family member like that). Those kind of people need help. But theres nothing wrong with making goals and then new goals later on. Just as long as there is an end and you can be happy with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    that depends how you look at it. as was stated above, setting goals, attaining them, and then setting new ones is not cause for seeking help. a healthy desire to constantly improve yourself is a pretty redeeming quality.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    I'm not even close to looking the way that i eventually would like to look. However, I find that when i see other guys at the gym or anywhere for that matter that are jacked up and cut like a stone, I still dont think i would be happy with their bodies. Basically i wonder if i will ever actually be satisfied with the way i look. anyone else ever feel that way?

Definetly not. I've become my own worst enemy. I will never be satisfied.

BrLifter17 is offline Junior Member
    none of us like our own body. my best friend tells me i have body dysmorphic syndrome because i think i'm small. then last weekend and girl grabbed my arm at a club and told me i am hot WHILE HOLDING HER BFs HAND. never had that happen. made me feel good, and of course i was right back in the gym monday cussing all the skinny 18 year olds that can lift more than me. never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by BrLifter17
    none of us like our own body. my best friend tells me i have body dysmorphic syndrome because i think i'm small. then last weekend and girl grabbed my arm at a club and told me i am hot WHILE HOLDING HER BFs HAND. never had that happen. made me feel good, and of course i was right back in the gym monday cussing all the skinny 18 year olds that can lift more than me. never satisfied.
    Thats another frustrating thing, when people are on juice and you compare yourself to them. I way 190 but can only do like 285 on bench. so when i see guys weighing 170 putting up over 300 its frustrating.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Never being satisfied = true dedication.

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Never being satisfied = true dedication.

~SC~
    my thoughts exactly...well put. ppl who are satisfyed lose the erge to get better IMO

Thread Information