Thread: Acid Reflux

Sicofit24 is offline Female Member

Acid Reflux

I just got back from the Dr. and he told me this is what I have..
    well at leaste we make the drug I have to take so its FREE!!!

anyone else have it.. its sucks

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i think i might have that. Been really bothering me the last two weeks or so. Sometimes it burns so bad I have to sit down for a second. Really been considering seeing a doctor if it doesn't stop soon. Weird coincidence that you happen to post this...

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    yeah I have it.....sucks! got to the point where even drinking water felt like razor blades going down my esophagus...firts time it really started hurting (not just regular heartburn feeling) I didn't know what the hell was going on. What did your doc RX?

peace,

ttgb

You know it's funny....

I had acid reflux big time while I was going out with my last GF, and less than a week after I dumped her it was gone and hasn't come back!

Red

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    yeah I have it.....sucks! got to the point where even drinking water felt like razor blades going down my esophagus...firts time it really started hurting (not just regular heartburn feeling) I didn't know what the hell was going on. What did your doc RX?

peace,

ttgb
    i know where you are coming from bro.. wake up in the night almost in tears b/c of the pain. i take protonix, take it every other day.. i can pretty much eat whatever i want though it needs to be reasonable..

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I had it for a while. Dr prescribed Tagamet, and between that and a low-fat diet, a few months later, everything was fixed. No more problems.

It's important to get acid reflux fixed ASAP, because if your esophagus gets blitzed with stomach acid over a long enough time, it can become cancerous. Not good.

-Tock

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    It's important to get acid reflux fixed ASAP, because if your esophagus gets blitzed with stomach acid over a long enough time, it can become cancerous. Not good.

-Tock
    .......scary stuff

Sicofit24 is offline Female Member
    I was perscribed Nexium.. and what a coincidence.. it just happens to be the drug we make! sooo I get it for free!!
    free is good.. but this crap hurts..
    for the past two days Im walking around and everytime I would take a breath it would hurt... almost like chest pains so Im like what the hell!!
    turns out its acid reflux and its cause by a couple things but stress is one of them..
    see what you men do!!
    hahaha
    *joking*

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    Man, I hear ya....I live on tums. Become my new best friend!

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher
    Man, I hear ya....I live on tums. Become my new best friend!
    if you need to pop tums a lot you should go see an MD. tums and other antacids can cause acid rebound which theoretically could worsen the overall situation. you'd be better off seeing a doc and getting an Rx for a proton-pump inhibitor or H2-antagonist. the nice thing with these too is that you just take them once or twice-a-day instead of having to pop tums throughout the day.

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sinista63
    if you need to pop tums a lot you should go see an MD. tums and other antacids can cause acid rebound which theoretically could worsen the overall situation. you'd be better off seeing a doc and getting an Rx for a proton-pump inhibitor or H2-antagonist. the nice thing with these too is that you just take them once or twice-a-day instead of having to pop tums throughout the day.
    Maybe need a new doc...he told me to take tums??

Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Ya, you need a new doc.
    I think Tagamet is now OTC, try some of that stuff and see if it helps any.
    -Tock

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, you may consider talking to another Doctor if he told you to "pop" Tums..For infrequent heartburn, Tums or Rolaids are acceptable..But when the pain is consistent and reoccuring, it is a sign that you may be suffering from AR..Acid reflux is caused by the inefficiency or degradation of the LES(lower esophageal sphincter) muscle..Over time this can cause serious problems, including ulcerations and damage to the esophagus..Drugs such as OTC tagamet, prilosec, etc., usually can stop the pain and discomfort..If it still continues, then a trip to the Doctor's office may be necessary for a script of Nexxium, Prevacid, etc..If you have had reflux for an extended period of time, and the Doctor suspects damage, then he will more then likely prescribe Nexxium as it can heal the damage that has occured from the acid..Either one are great choices and have minimal side effects..

As silly of a thing as acid reflux may seem, it is a serious problem,that if left untreated can cause long term damage..

Doc M

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicofit24
    I was perscribed Nexium.. and what a coincidence.. it just happens to be the drug we make! sooo I get it for free!!
    free is good.. but this crap hurts..
    for the past two days Im walking around and everytime I would take a breath it would hurt... almost like chest pains so Im like what the hell!!
    turns out its acid reflux and its cause by a couple things but stress is one of them..
    see what you men do!!
    hahaha
    *joking*
    I hear lots of oral sex can help your situation!

J/K, I know someone who was prescribed Nexium too.

~SC~

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Yes, you may consider talking to another Doctor if he told you to "pop" Tums..For infrequent heartburn, Tums or Rolaids are acceptable..But when the pain is consistent and reoccuring, it is a sign that you may be suffering from AR..Acid reflux is caused by the inefficiency or degradation of the LES(lower esophageal sphincter) muscle..Over time this can cause serious problems, including ulcerations and damage to the esophagus..Drugs such as OTC tagamet, prilosec, etc., usually can stop the pain and discomfort..If it still continues, then a trip to the Doctor's office may be necessary for a script of Nexxium, Prevacid, etc..If you have had reflux for an extended period of time, and the Doctor suspects damage, then he will more then likely prescribe Nexxium as it can heal the damage that has occured from the acid..Either one are great choices and have minimal side effects..

As silly of a thing as acid reflux may seem, it is a serious problem,that if left untreated can cause long term damage..

Doc M
    DocM hit the nail on the head. gastroesophageal reflux is a serious condition if left untreated, and should in most cases be monitored. I personally have it as well, and take protonix twice daily to keep it in check(twice a day is actually more then the maximum doasge). It seems all the years in school I drank 10+ cups of coffee came back to haunt me.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartDocMD
    It seems all the years in school I drank 10+ cups of coffee came back to haunt me.
    Do I ever relate to that..I think if it weren't for massive amounts of coffee, I would have never made it through school..And now I am also on meds for reflux, likely as a direct result from the stress and excessive amounts of coffee..The things we do to our bodies!!

Doc M

Thread Information