BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Any tips on starting an EBAY business???

Well i have always sold stuff on ebay and have always felt like it would be sort of a fun, decent side job to get a little more serious about. I had posted a question about work stuff, and i really think that the best bet is with ebay. But im just wondering how to really become a distributer or something like that...i just dont have any connections....also any other tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bro's.....

PS--i should just sell gear on ebay, lol

BDTR is offline Retired
    what kind of stuff were you looking to sell? Find a wholesale distributor and buy a ****load in bulk and unload it for profit. Pretty basic.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    A buddy of mine found a wholesell distributor of playstations and bought 100 for $3000 ($30 a playstation), and turned around and sold almost all of those for $125 a peice.

You can't sell gear, but most likley you could talk up a picture of gear (the people will think that your selling them steroids , but in acctuality you will be selling picture), I've seen one sold for around $60 before.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Sign up with www.worldpay.com for your payments. Do not accept paypal! You will save/make a ton of money if you do this!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    buy pc parts in bulk and re-sell them on ebay for a 140% markup.

yeah, i guess bulk is a pretty basic way to do it....i have also heard of finding companies that allow you to sell their products on ebay, they ship and charge a certain price....everything else over that you get as profit--any opinions on this

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i saw your other thread and was going to say you can try processing tax returns for the irs online....i worked with a guy who did it about 3 nights a week for a couple of hours each nite and he was pulling down around 200-300 a week extra....i'm not sure if its year around work being its tax returns but if you put in 4-5 days a week with 6-8 hour days you should be able to make decent money....he got transfered but i will see if i can find out anymore for you because i wouldn't mind doing that a couple of nites a week for some extra money....

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    i saw your other thread and was going to say you can try processing tax returns for the irs online....i worked with a guy who did it about 3 nights a week for a couple of hours each nite and he was pulling down around 200-300 a week extra....i'm not sure if its year around work being its tax returns but if you put in 4-5 days a week with 6-8 hour days you should be able to make decent money....he got transfered but i will see if i can find out anymore for you because i wouldn't mind doing that a couple of nites a week for some extra money....
    PM me with this info too dude , thx !

Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    PM me with this info too dude , thx !

no problem....it will be monday but i'm going to try to get in touch with the guy....

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    yeah pm me too....sounds like some easy cheddar

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    yeah pm me too....sounds like some easy cheddar

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    me too

no problem....i'll let yall all know what i find out....

Quote Originally Posted by Steroids101
    A buddy of mine found a wholesell distributor of playstations and bought 100 for $3000 ($30 a playstation), and turned around and sold almost all of those for $125 a peice.
    Anyone know where to find a distributer like this?

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    Anyone know where to find a distributer like this?
    half the time you can find them right on ebay, just look under "lot" or "bulk"

im checking, cant find anything

max-it is offline Member
    a friend of mine cruises garage sales and buys things for less than a dollar. he then sells them on ebay for profit. he also regularly attends a couple of auction houses in the area. he buys stuff at auction very cheap and sells them on ebay. the good thing about doing these methods is it requires very little out of pocket cash to get up and running. just my .02, good luck bro.

rocco78 is offline Junior Member
    Good Ideas on here. I knew a girl who sold retro furniture and fixtures on e-bay and made about 60,000 a year. She worked full time, going to estate sales and auctions and other such marketplaces. The thing she told me was that you should specialize in ONE AREA of the market, and get to know all you can about what those consumers are demanding, and supply it. It took her a few years to develop her business, but now she lives in a fairly large house, and just keeps her inventory in her garage. She does very well. Good luck!

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    yeah, i guess bulk is a pretty basic way to do it....i have also heard of finding companies that allow you to sell their products on ebay, they ship and charge a certain price....everything else over that you get as profit--any opinions on this
    you can get set up with a dropshipper fairly easily. i do this in my spare time and earn decent cash on the side.

the best possible way to make money on ebay is to come up with your own product..... inifinte markups.

dropshippers wont net you as large a markup but you can't beat the convenience of not having your own inventory and not having to worry about your own shipping (a bitch to do by yourself if you have a ton of orders). you can make up for the loss in markup by selling more quantity. i recommend running dutch auctions if you know what you're doing.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Gonna be there doing some fitness things myself pretty soon.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    you can get set up with a dropshipper fairly easily. i do this in my spare time and earn decent cash on the side.

the best possible way to make money on ebay is to come up with your own product..... inifinte markups.

dropshippers wont net you as large a markup but you can't beat the convenience of not having your own inventory and not having to worry about your own shipping (a bitch to do by yourself if you have a ton of orders). you can make up for the loss in markup by selling more quantity. i recommend running dutch auctions if you know what you're doing.
    dropshipper, thats the word i was looking for. How the hell do you get hooked up with one of those?

Thread Information