Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member

who has the benefit of the doubt

An Army grunt stands in the rain with a 35-pound pack on his back and a 15-pound weapon in hand, after having marched 12 miles, and declares, "this is ****!"

An Army Airborne Ranger stands in the rain with a 45-pound pack on his back, weapon in hand, after having jumped from an airplane and marched 18 miles, and says with a smile, "this is good ****!"

A Navy SEAL lies in the mud, 55-pound pack on his back, weapon in hand, after swimming 10 miles to shore, crawling through a swamp and marching 25 miles at night past the enemy positions, says with a grin, "this really is great ****!"

A Marine, up to his nose in the stinking, bug-infested mud of a swamp with a 65-pound pack on his back and a weapon in both hands, after jumping from an aircraft at high altitude, into the ocean, swimming 12 miles to the shore, killing several alligators to enter the swamp, then crawling 30 miles through the brush to assault an enemy camp, says, "I love this ****!"

The Air Force NCO sits in an easy chair in an air conditioned, plush, carpeted office and says, "My e-mail's out? What kind of **** is this?!"

lol

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    That story is crap. A Marine would never say "I love this ****!"

I pissed and moaned every spare second I was among other NCOs. I miss the infantry and I miss the Corps. The irony.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Funny stuff!! I disagree with inherit though..I can remember many times saying "I love this ****"!! I guess different strokes for different folks..

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Funny stuff!! I disagree with inherit though..I can remember many times saying "I love this ****"!! I guess different strokes for different folks..

Doc M

I did too Doc, it was a joke. The point I was trying to make is that Marines, and grunts in general, bitch quite a bit. Semper I.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    You are forgetting the fat turds that are on board the navy ships. Makes me sick to see some 300 pound tub of lard in a uniform.
    BTW, you are comparing a seal to a marine??? LOL

-B

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    BTW, you are comparing a seal to a marine??? LOL

-B
    The comparison is pretty easy to make..In fact, having worked a considerable amount with the SEAL teams in the past, I would put a Marine from Force or FAST up against a SEAL any day of the week..Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for the SEALS, and when it comes to waterborne ops they rule..But on land warfare ops, they fall a little short in some areas..This opinion is based solely on my personal experience..

Doc M

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    The comparison is pretty easy to make..In fact, having worked a considerable amount with the SEAL teams in the past, I would put a Marine from Force or FAST up against a SEAL any day of the week..Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for the SEALS, and when it comes to waterborne ops they rule..But on land warfare ops, they fall a little short in some areas..This opinion is based solely on my personal experience..

Doc M

please explain. i have no idea what a "fast" is as do most people on this board and how do they beat a seal?? just curious. very curios actually

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    please explain. i have no idea what a "fast" is as do most people on this board and how do they beat a seal?? just curious. very curios actually

FAST is a Marine unit specializing in counter-terrorism and Military Operations on Urban Terrain. Dropping onto buildings from a helicopter and shooting everyone inside. Stuff like that.

chances is offline Associate Member
    You forgot:

An Army Green Beret stands in the middle of 20 non-English speaking guerillas that he and his team mate, the only two Americans within 100 miles, just spent 4 weeks turning into a bada$$ fighting unit, in the middle of a country that is so small it doesn't even show up on most maps, with a 110-pound pack on his back, weapon in hand, getting ready to go out on their first mission, and says grimly, "let's go find the ****!"

chance

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    FAST is a Marine unit specializing in counter-terrorism and Military Operations on Urban Terrain. Dropping onto buildings from a helicopter and shooting everyone inside. Stuff like that.

ahhh, thanx for the explanation.. so how does that make them better than seals on the ground?

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    ahhh, thanx for the explanation.. so how does that make them better than seals on the ground?
    Its a different mind set because guys in FAST and guys in Force are all land warriors by nature where the seals are not. This is the best way for me to explain it.

I have had the privelage to train all these guys Fast force anlico scamps and seals. They are all a special breed for sure.

I remember being a boot in the field with it raining and sand down my crack my smokes all wet, and saying I hate this shyt. Then now all I have is good memories of all that shyt my bro's and the bond that Marines have above anyone else. Semper-Fi

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I love it Doc...pretty funny....reminded me of one my grandfather used to tell.......

Three men from the armed services are sitting around drinking and arguing over who is the baddest of the bad...........

A Marine Srgt. stands up and declares there's only one way to prove who is the baddest and tells the others too walk with him...............

The first marine they come too the Marine Srgt. yells........."Marine!......take that jeep and run it into that tree!" The marine does as he's told and "BLAM" hits the tree with the peddle too the floor. The Marine Srgt. declares "Now that's a bad ass...Marines win!"

The Army Srgt. says..."PLease, that's nothing"...Seeing an army private yells "Private!.....run that tank off that cliff there". The private does as he's told and "BLAM" drives the tank off the cliff. The Army Srgt. says "Now THAT's a tough SOB!.........Army wins!"

The Navy guy looks at both the Army and Marine Srgts. and says "That's nothing....come with me". They follow him down to the docs and he spies a navy man in the crows nest of a destroyer and yells "You...yes you....jump out of that crows nest into the water!"...............the guy in the crow's nest yells back "**** you buddy!"............the Navy guy says to the Srgts. "Now THAT's a tough SOB to tell an Admiral to go **** himself.....Navy wins!" hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    I love it Doc...pretty funny....reminded me of one my grandfather used to tell.......

Three men from the armed services are sitting around drinking and arguing over who is the baddest of the bad...........

A Marine Srgt. stands up and declares there's only one way to prove who is the baddest and tells the others too walk with him...............

The first marine they come too the Marine Srgt. yells........."Marine!......take that jeep and run it into that tree!" The marine does as he's told and "BLAM" hits the tree with the peddle too the floor. The Marine Srgt. declares "Now that's a bad ass...Marines win!"

The Army Srgt. says..."PLease, that's nothing"...Seeing an army private yells "Private!.....run that tank off that cliff there". The private does as he's told and "BLAM" drives the tank off the cliff. The Army Srgt. says "Now THAT's a tough SOB!.........Army wins!"

The Navy guy looks at both the Army and Marine Srgts. and says "That's nothing....come with me". They follow him down to the docs and he spies a navy man in the crows nest of a destroyer and yells "You...yes you....jump out of that crows nest into the water!"...............the guy in the crow's nest yells back "**** you buddy!"............the Navy guy says to the Srgts. "Now THAT's a tough SOB to tell an Admiral to go **** himself.....Navy wins!" hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha that was pretty funny! hahahaha..... i realize that the force and fast are land warriors but as far as training goes on land which is the toughest or are they the same compared to seals??

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    hahahahahaha that was pretty funny! hahahaha..... i realize that the force and fast are land warriors but as far as training goes on land which is the toughest or are they the same compared to seals??
    Depends on who you ask You ask me I will tell you that seals are the baddest of the bad with snoop aand poop kind of stuff. But when it comes time to kill everything that god can survey the president dials 911 which rings over to Force recon btln.

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Depends on who you ask You ask me I will tell you that seals are the baddest of the bad with snoop aand poop kind of stuff. But when it comes time to kill everything that god can survey the president dials 911 which rings over to Force recon btln.
    good point i gotcha now.. i did some research on that.. very interesting. thanx for the replies cpt.. hoorah!! hahaha.......... i know this is off subject but in high school i scored 6 points from a perfect score and the asvab test for the military and i was heavily recruited for years. from the army and marines esp.. i wanted to be a chopper pilot but i was 18 and did have a care in the world so i decided to go to a jr college instead..drank myself stupid.. i wish i would have joined. it would have done me some good then. but i am 26 now so its a little too late..

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    no its not... i know guys in fast company thats here in gtmo and their pfc's and lcpls they are also older than 26.....

Depends on what you want to do.

its all about how bad you really want it. Either you do or you don't!

BTW this post was abit sarcastic i know marines wouldn't say they love anything in the field LOL.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Dog74
    An Army grunt stands in the rain with a 35-pound pack on his back and a 15-pound weapon in hand, after having marched 12 miles, and declares, "this is ****!"

An Army Airborne Ranger stands in the rain with a 45-pound pack on his back, weapon in hand, after having jumped from an airplane and marched 18 miles, and says with a smile, "this is good ****!"

A Navy SEAL lies in the mud, 55-pound pack on his back, weapon in hand, after swimming 10 miles to shore, crawling through a swamp and marching 25 miles at night past the enemy positions, says with a grin, "this really is great ****!"

A Marine, up to his nose in the stinking, bug-infested mud of a swamp with a 65-pound pack on his back and a weapon in both hands, after jumping from an aircraft at high altitude, into the ocean, swimming 12 miles to the shore, killing several alligators to enter the swamp, then crawling 30 miles through the brush to assault an enemy camp, says, "I love this ****!"

The Air Force NCO sits in an easy chair in an air conditioned, plush, carpeted office and says, "My e-mail's out? What kind of **** is this?!"

lol
    Been watching those movies again huh?

Thread Information