Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    stan66 is offline Junior Member
    Don't get your panties in a bunch.
    The mustang is americas car, plain and simple....although the truth hurts, you must accept it.
    Where is the Camaro if it was so great, oh, right they pulled the plug on it...

And I think Ford came to a conclusion that they do not need to offer a car for middle aged men going through mid life crisis' ala the New vettes.
    Then they rethought it and came out with the rediculously priced GT(aka GT40)....

Hell, I would give my left nut for a nice WS6 and would possibly *gasp* take a newer vette..... But I am sorry the mid 90's and up Camaro's look like ****.
    Big, clunky looking, and just poorly designed.

I can appreciate pretty much any fast car, but the Camaro/Trans Am bunch think their **** doesn't stink, yet it is very rare to see a fast one (excluding all out race cars) in these parts and I live right down the street from a major raceway. And I bet I can find about 10-15 Mustangs locally that will run 10's in street trim and drive it back home.
    But I guess all the fast F-bodies of the same sort must not be local??

And don't worry about arguing back about it, I have heard it all before. They are using an ancient platform to build the mustang on, they need a blower to keep up with the almighty built-by-the-hand-of-god LS1, and so on.

It bores me.....as everyone has their opinion and your thoughts are not going to change mine, just as my thoughts aren't going to change yours.
    I believe the Crapmaro guys were the first to throw stones in here, and like usual the Mustang guys turned the other cheek and went about their business....

That is OK, we can all just forget about the F-Bodies getting whooped in the early 80's through the early 90's.
    And to think the new Cobra will have 500/500 from the newest reports.......I guess they needed the couple years off to redo the Camaro after all.

So lets hear it..... just about how "bad" is that Camaro of yours???

Stan
    Last edited by stan66; 08-27-2004 at 01:44 PM. Reason: I can't spell worth a ****

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    yea, the vette is more expensive, but its a better all around car with more heritage. And why again did you respond to the fact that mustang has been out performed from 93-02?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Hey Stan666... you lookin' for a job bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Hey Stan666... you lookin' for a job bro?
    Yeah, actually I am.

I need to start doing something better with my time, look at me, I am arguing on the internet.

Stan

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    haha, i'll give it to you stan, that was well put, but we all have our preferences, i myself think the ls1 body style was aweome but yes they did pull the plug on it. Reduced sales because to many women were buying 6 banger stangs and not camaros. And how is it rare to see a fast camaro? where do you live? We have all the fast ones where i live and all the mustangs are turds, and thats not meant to be mean, thats the truth. My opinion is that after the 60's, both camaro and mustang have done nothing but go downhill

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    haha, i'll give it to you stan, that was well put, but we all have our preferences, i myself think the ls1 body style was aweome but yes they did pull the plug on it. Reduced sales because to many women were buying 6 banger stangs and not camaros. And how is it rare to see a fast camaro? where do you live? We have all the fast ones where i live and all the mustangs are turds, and thats not meant to be mean, thats the truth. My opinion is that after the 60's, both camaro and mustang have done nothing but go downhill
    Well I guess we will agree to......agree.

I am, underheath it all, and old school 60's stang guy. I had a 67 coupe to start out with and I have a 68 Shleby-ized Fastback to be built eventually. I grew up around the EFI Mustangs so of course I took interest in them and know them like the back of my hand.

In all actuality the 68 will probably receive a nice blown/turbo'd 408 Windsor with EFI, just b/c that is what I "know".

I just never liked the LS1 Camaro's for some reason, their body style turned me away from them. I do love the looks of the WS6's and would love to own one someday, but they are holding their value big time putting them out of my reach at the moment.

That is one thing I love to hate, is that the V-6 Mustangs and Camaro's kept those lines around for years. Hell, it is supposed to be sports car with some muscle not a grocery getter. BUt the longer the V-6's sell well, the longer we will be able to get ahold of the V-8's.

I thknk Ford has finally taken the initiative to upgrade the Mustang all around, whereas they just stagnated and left well enough alone for the most part of the last while.

I honestly never get challeneged around here by anyone, regardless the type of car they are in. I guess I should be thankful, as I was never one for street racing anyway. It is just rare for me to find a nicely modded, souped up LS1/WS6 around here. I guess it is b/c I am somewhat in a Mustang part of the country. With all the shops around here catering to them, I guess the Camaros flocked elsewhere.

And I agree that many of the Mustangs out there are in the same league as the Camaros out here, all bark and no bite.
    I can die happy never hearing a Mustang with obnoxiously loud Flowbastards and an offroad H-pipe with nothing else done to it all......

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by stan66
    I think Ford has finally taken the initiative to upgrade the Mustang all around, whereas they just stagnated and left well enough alone for the most part of the last while.

Stan
    Indeed.. this has been the first COMPLETE redesign since the 1979 model year when they introduced the fox-body...
    Even when they went to SN-95 in 1994, they retained much of the same...

This years, althought similar to the Lincoln LS.. is completely redesigned, and is truly well-done IMHO...

Henry would be proud..

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stan66

I can appreciate pretty much any fast car, but the Camaro/Trans Am bunch think their **** doesn't stink, yet it is very rare to see a fast one (excluding all out race cars) in these parts and I live right down the street from a major raceway.
    Stan
    every person ive ever seen thats somewhat young and has a mustang are arrogant as hell about it. they think they have a ferrari or some ****, when they really have some piece of **** v6 that sells for $3000 tops if they put it up for sale. saleens and cobras are respectable but all these little kids running around with their stock v6 mustangs thinking there the **** just pisses me off. i dont have problems with mustangs, but its just more of the drivers....not to mention every other car u see on the road is a mustang....btw im not knocking any of the vehicles put up on this thread , just the stock 6's

Those are the "domestic ricers" who add body kits and stickers, then like to think that they are driving the oh-so-rare 10 second V-6 Mustang or Camaro......

I will always give a wave to a nice car regardless of the make or model, but I am also known to give the non-approving head shake to the ricers and the wanna-be racers as well. It is great when you see a thug in a ricer and just shake your head and laugh while watching their "tough" expression turn to confusion and embarassment.
    Hopefully at that exact moment, they realize they should have bought a real car rather than making a grocery getter into a spectacle that noone else respects except other misguided teens.....

I have always been around and into cars, therefore I have never really had the "I am faster than everyone out there" or the "I am the **** in my newest car" mentality.
    B/c someone somwhere out there is ALWAYS faster.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    every person ive ever seen thats somewhat young and has a mustang are arrogant as hell about it. they think they have a ferrari or some ****, when they really have some piece of **** v6 that sells for $3000 tops if they put it up for sale. saleens and cobras are respectable but all these little kids running around with their stock v6 mustangs thinking there the **** just pisses me off. i dont have problems with mustangs, but its just more of the drivers....not to mention every other car u see on the road is a mustang....btw im not knocking any of the vehicles put up on this thread , just the stock 6's
    This is ridiculously true...

But, I fully agree with Stan as well...

You guys should check out the T-bird SC owners.. different breed altogether!

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    Here's my tight new ride. All factory for now, but she'll soon see some nip and tuck =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many of you have Mustangs...-new-car-3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by doctorcc
    Here's my tight new ride. All factory for now, but she'll soon see some nip and tuck =)
    V6 bro?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information