Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744

    Thumbs up Famous quote for motivation.....

    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
    -Robert F. Kennedy

  2. #2
    DevilsDeity's Avatar
    DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,325
    "your looking kinda small today"

  3. #3
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    "your looking kinda small today"
    LOL ! Yes that could motivate !

  4. #4
    FRANK WHITE's Avatar
    FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    On a beach in California
    Posts
    1,117

    Thumbs up

    Nice Canes. So True, So True. Keep the inspirational quotes coming. Can never get enough of those.

  5. #5
    TheGame826's Avatar
    TheGame826 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    507
    a couple i tell myself on a daily basis,

    "I am a student of the GAME"
    "great pride and fame, also involve great risk and pain"
    "no pain, no gain,--- no gain, no girls, --- no gain, no glory"
    "aim high, aim for the moon, if you miss you might just hit a star"
    "life is what i make it"
    "pain is temporary, pride is forever"

    ill think of some more later on tonight im sure

  6. #6
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by FRANK WHITE
    Nice Canes. So True, So True. Keep the inspirational quotes coming. Can never get enough of those.
    Thanks Frank, when I a good one I'll try to post them.

  7. #7
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by TheGame826
    a couple i tell myself on a daily basis,

    "I am a student of the GAME"
    "great pride and fame, also involve great risk and pain"
    "no pain, no gain,--- no gain, no girls, --- no gain, no glory"
    "aim high, aim for the moon, if you miss you might just hit a star"
    "life is what i make it"
    "pain is temporary, pride is forever"

    ill think of some more later on tonight im sure
    That is awesome Game. Do I have permission to re-post this somewhere else? I know of a forum at www.strengthnet.com, that has a thread all about motivation. If I could repost this it would be fantastic !


  8. #8
    TheGame826's Avatar
    TheGame826 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    507
    sure go ahead

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    IN ANY WRESTLING RING !!!
    Posts
    942

    ROCKY II

    ROCKY: "hey adrian..if you dont want me messing with creed we'll figure out another way to get by".. ADRIAN: "there's only 1 thing i want you to do for me______WIN!!!!______WIN!!!!"... ROCKY: yea?? MICKEY: "well what the hell we waiting for?__take this"...

  10. #10
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by TheGame826
    sure go ahead
    Thanks bro !

  11. #11
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744

    Re: ROCKY II

    Originally posted by MR PHATT ASS
    ROCKY: "hey adrian..if you dont want me messing with creed we'll figure out another way to get by".. ADRIAN: "there's only 1 thing i want you to do for me______WIN!!!!______WIN!!!!"... ROCKY: yea?? MICKEY: "well what the hell we waiting for?__take this"...
    Thanks Mr PhattAss, everyone keep 'em coming !

  12. #12
    TheGame826's Avatar
    TheGame826 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    507
    this is definately one of the best:

    I don't know what to say really.
    Three minutes
    to the biggest battle of our professional lives
    all comes down to today.
    Either
    we heal
    as a team
    or we are going to crumble.
    Inch by inch
    play by play
    till we're finished.
    We are in hell right now, gentlemen
    believe me
    and
    we can stay here
    and get the shit kicked out of us
    or
    we can fight our way
    back into the light.
    We can climb out of hell.
    One inch, at a time.

    Now I can't do it for you.
    I'm too old.
    I look around and I see these young faces
    and I think
    I mean
    I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.
    I uh....
    I pissed away all my money
    believe it or not.
    I chased off
    anyone who has ever loved me.
    And lately,
    I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

    You know when you get old in life
    things get taken from you.
    That's, that's part of life.
    But,
    you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
    You find out that life is just a game of inches.
    So is football.
    Because in either game
    life or football
    the margin for error is so small.
    I mean
    one half step too late or to early
    you don't quite make it.
    One half second too slow or too fast
    and you don't quite catch it.
    The inches we need are everywhere around us.
    They are in ever break of the game
    every minute, every second.

    On this team, we fight for that inch
    On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us
    to pieces for that inch.
    We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
    Cause we know
    when we add up all those inches
    that's going to make the fucking difference
    between WINNING and LOSING
    between LIVING and DYING.

    I'll tell you this
    in any fight
    it is the guy who is willing to die
    who is going to win that inch.
    And I know
    if I am going to have any life anymore
    it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch
    because that is what LIVING is.
    The six inches in front of your face.

    Now I can't make you do it.
    You gotta look at the guy next to you.
    Look into his eyes.
    Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
    You are going to see a guy
    who will sacrifice himself for this team
    because he knows when it comes down to it,
    you are gonna do the same thing for him.

    That's a team, gentlemen
    and either we heal now, as a team,
    or we will die as individuals.
    That's football guys.
    That's all it is.
    Now, whattaya gonna do?

  13. #13
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    WOW ! The Game that was excellent brother!!! Where is that from? A movie?

  14. #14
    Fullback57's Avatar
    Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    349
    Thats Al Pacino from "Any Given Sunday"....that scene pumps me up big time

  15. #15
    Fullback57's Avatar
    Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    349
    Its not the best but I like it:
    "Your best?......losers always whine about doing there best...winners go home and f&%k the prom queen".
    -Sean Connory-THE ROCK

  16. #16
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by Fullback57
    Its not the best but I like it:
    "Your best?......losers always whine about doing there best...winners go home and f&%k the prom queen".
    -Sean Connory-THE ROCK
    Hehehe ! That's funny Fullback, thanks for sharing brother !

  17. #17
    bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    277
    Here are a couple i use...

    "The world judges you by what you have done not by what you have set out to do;by what you have completed not by what you have begun...."
    and

    "the problem for most people is not they aim too high and miss...Its that they aim too low and hit..."

    ALOHA BRONZE

  18. #18
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by bronzebeefcake
    Here are a couple i use...

    "The world judges you by what you have done not by what you have set out to do;by what you have completed not by what you have begun...."
    and

    "the problem for most people is not they aim too high and miss...Its that they aim too low and hit..."

    ALOHA BRONZE
    Thanks Bronze !

  19. #19
    bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    277
    "The best inspiration is to be an inspiration...."




    ALOHA BRONZE

  20. #20
    TheGame826's Avatar
    TheGame826 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    507
    the problem for most people is not they aim too high and miss...Its that they aim too low and hit..."
    thats one of the best ive heard. but still these are my favorites:
    to be the man you have to beat the man
    theres always someone better, thats what keeps you going, you will never run out of competition.

    but still one of the best is "aim for the moon, if you miss, you might just hit a star"

  21. #21
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by TheGame826


    thats one of the best ive heard. but still these are my favorites:
    to be the man you have to beat the man
    theres always someone better, thats what keeps you going, you will never run out of competition.

    but still one of the best is "aim for the moon, if you miss, you might just hit a star"
    Fantastic guys, keep them coming. !

  22. #22
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744

    Thumbs up

    "When anyone tells me I can't do anything....I'm just not listening anymore."
    -Florence Griffith-Joyner

  23. #23
    Terinox's Avatar
    Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,013
    This sounds quite lame and sad, yes I know.....but it works

    Sometimes, if i'm doing a set, getting to the end of it, struggling with the weight, I stare at myself in the mirror and say:

    "FUCK YOU!!!"

    It pisses me off, and it helps push those last few reps!!!

    Give it a shot...just don't yell it out in the gym

    I usually just wisper it to myself, or if noone is too close, a little louder.

  24. #24
    Farmer's Avatar
    Farmer is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    In the field, hunting for poonany
    Posts
    889
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it - Me

    Wanna get big? Stop lookin and start workin!- ME

    "Goals are dreams with deadlines."
    - Diana Scharf Hunt

    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

    --- Vince Lombardi

    It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

    The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur. - Vince Lombardi

    "Pay no attention to what the critics say; There has never been a statue erected to a critic."
    ---Jean Sibelius

    "It is never too late to be what you might have been."
    ---T. S. Eliot

    Live a good honorable life. Then, when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time."



    The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.--Thomas Paine

    Losers visualize the penalties of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success.--Rob Gilbert


    Winners never quit and quitters never win.--Vince Lombardi


    Winning is a habit. Unfortuantely, so is losing.--Vince Lombardi


    Some quotes I rounded up, a few of them are really inspiring!

    Peace

    (quote man)

  25. #25
    manijak's Avatar
    manijak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    324
    and you motherfucker are still alive?
    die motherfucker die.
    big dude to rade sherbedjija in "Two smoking barrels"

  26. #26
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    "no pain no gain" is my favorit.

    "If you want to be the best you have to train the hottest"

    A pretty good bodybuilder that used to compete in the 80s-90s said that in the bodybuilding video "superstars of muscle".
    I think his name was Mike Quin(sp?).

  27. #27
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744

    Thumbs up

    "Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you do repeatly."

    ---Shaquille O'Neal

  28. #28
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by Farmer
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it - Me

    Wanna get big? Stop lookin and start workin!- ME

    "Goals are dreams with deadlines."
    - Diana Scharf Hunt

    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

    --- Vince Lombardi

    It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

    The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur. - Vince Lombardi

    "Pay no attention to what the critics say; There has never been a statue erected to a critic."
    ---Jean Sibelius

    "It is never too late to be what you might have been."
    ---T. S. Eliot

    Live a good honorable life. Then, when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time."



    The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.--Thomas Paine

    Losers visualize the penalties of failure. Winners visualize the rewards of success.--Rob Gilbert


    Winners never quit and quitters never win.--Vince Lombardi


    Winning is a habit. Unfortuantely, so is losing.--Vince Lombardi


    Some quotes I rounded up, a few of them are really inspiring!

    Peace

    (quote man)
    Thanks for all of those Farmer, they are all quite good !

  29. #29
    TheGame826's Avatar
    TheGame826 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    507
    i cant find it here, but i know i read it in this forum..

    "as i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil, because i am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

    obsession is a word the lazy say about the dedicated

  30. #30
    Farmer's Avatar
    Farmer is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    In the field, hunting for poonany
    Posts
    889
    Originally posted by TheGame826
    i cant find it here, but i know i read it in this forum..

    "as i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil, because i am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

    obsession is a word the lazy say about the dedicated
    My god I cant believe I forgot psalm 23, it is definantly one of the tops!



    1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.

    2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
    he leads me beside still waters;

    3 he restores my soul.
    He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.

    4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
    I fear no evil;
    for you are with me; your rod and your staff--
    they comfort me.

    5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
    you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

    6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
    and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD my whole life long.


    peace

  31. #31
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Thanks Guys, keep them coming.

  32. #32
    manijak's Avatar
    manijak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    324
    -And God created all the seeds and weeds and put them on the earth for them to be used by man.

  33. #33
    FromFleshtoSteel's Avatar
    FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    232
    "Few men during their lifetime comes anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used.'

    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will"

    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

  34. #34
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,461
    I like to say to my self..............You F#@&en pussy I bet Big Kev could put that up one handed atleast 50 times.

  35. #35
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by RON
    I like to say to my self..............You F#@&en pussy I bet Big Kev could put that up one handed atleast 50 times.

  36. #36
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    "The only way to achieve anything is to give it everything."
    -Vince Lombardi

  37. #37
    wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    231
    Originally posted by TheGame826
    i cant find it here, but i know i read it in this forum..

    "as i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil, because i am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

    obsession is a word the lazy say about the dedicated

    That was from L. L. Cool J in one of the lamest movies I've ever seen "Deep Blue Sea". I think the whole quote is "As I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. Because I am the baddest motherfucker in the valley, and I have a big ass stick" - L.L. Cool J

  38. #38
    FRANK WHITE's Avatar
    FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    On a beach in California
    Posts
    1,117
    What do we live for, if not to make the world less
    difficult for each other?



    George Elliot

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •