Thread: Plasma Donatorz

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member

Plasma Donatorz

whats up guys, i've got a question here for my friend, and i just wanted some of yalls opinions so i could help him out. he works out often as i do, and me and my friend have recently turned him onto getting more protein n stuff etc....,but he has also started giving plasma to get extra cash, he is now asking me if it will hamper his work outs, i'm unsure of this, because i know that taking way blood probably would, but what about plasma? i was under the assumption that plasma was the "carrier" for blood? i'm unsure of what to tell him, so anyone have any experience or info on this?

blood

fluid pumped by the heart that circulates throughout the body via the arteries, veins, and capillaries (see circulatory system; heart). An adult male of average size normally has about 6 quarts (5.6 liters) of blood. The blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the body tissues and removes carbon dioxide and other wastes. The colorless fluid of the blood, or plasma, carries the red and white blood cells, platelets, waste products, and various other cells and substances.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    I would not do that if I was serious about working out. I have done it before, but the last time I did it, the pain was unbearable. They take out X amount of blood, isolate the plasma, remove the plasma, then pump the blood back in. Repeat that several times. The last time, when they were pumpnig it back in, it burned like someone was holding a flame to my arm, no joke. Needless to say I never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone36
    I would not do that if I was serious about working out. I have done it before, but the last time I did it, the pain was unbearable. They take out X amount of blood, isolate the plasma, remove the plasma, then pump the blood back in. Repeat that several times. The last time, when they were pumpnig it back in, it burned like someone was holding a flame to my arm, no joke. Needless to say I never went back.
    dang man, well he talked to me a minute ago, and told me that since he has uped his calories that it hasn't really affected him, so i was unsure of what to tell him, he wanted me to go too, but i was like hmmm, i dunno about that, i'm glad i didn't if it hurt, and plus i was paranoid about it giving me lethargic work outs

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    dang man, well he talked to me a minute ago, and told me that since he has uped his calories that it hasn't really affected him, so i was unsure of what to tell him, he wanted me to go too, but i was like hmmm, i dunno about that, i'm glad i didn't if it hurt, and plus i was paranoid about it giving me lethargic work outs

well the first couple of times i did it, it didn't hurt that bad. But that one time was enough to make me stop going

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    I had a vein collapse once, it sucked, never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone36
    well the first couple of times i did it, it didn't hurt that bad. But that one time was enough to make me stop going
    alright thanks bro, i'll let him know about that pain factor of it, he said that so far it hasn't hurt but it takes him about 30 minutes to do the whole process

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuff
    I had a vein collapse once, it sucked, never went back.
    ouch how did that happen?

Sicofit24 is offline Female Member
    I used to do it every month.. for FREE.. i hate to hear when people do this kinda stuff for money.. need money?? get a F*ckin job.
    I cant do it for the next year though because Im working on my back piece..
    but if I could.. Id still do it.
    P.S.
    your plasma and platelets are returned to your body within 24 hours so why not give it to kids who were burned in a fire and cancer patients for free?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Id rather give sperm if i needed money that bad....

But Sico is right!

OG

Quote Originally Posted by Sicofit24
    I used to do it every month.. for FREE.. i hate to hear when people do this kinda stuff for money.. need money?? get a F*ckin job.
    I cant do it for the next year though because Im working on my back piece..
    but if I could.. Id still do it.
    P.S.
    your plasma and platelets are returned to your body within 24 hours so why not give it to kids who were burned in a fire and cancer patients for free?
    lol, very true, i recently moved back for college, you get $30 bucks for it here, if i was going to do that i'd rather give blood no doubt though, i'd prefer a monthly income over that any day, but thats just my preferance
    Last edited by Z-Ro; 08-25-2004 at 07:52 PM.

i've pondered on giving blood, but i never knew that your platlet levels go back to normal in 24 hours, just out of curiosity, what if a person gave blood on juice LOL, person would have increased sexual energy for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Id rather give sperm if i needed money that bad....

But Sico is right!

OG

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    ouch how did that happen?
    repeatedly sticking a needle in the same spot on the vain, and it starts to hurt bad after awhile. They stuck it in one time and it hurt like hell, then it started twiching and vibrating really bad and they said it collapsed

Thread Information