twosocks40 is offline Member

Any electricians????

I changed out some electrical sockets in my bathroom. They worked fine for a couple of days but now they don't work all the sudden. Any ideas? The breaker is not tripped and all wires are installed in the right place. Also, my outside plug stopped working too. Thanks.

-B

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    why do you have promblems with your wire

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    If you installed gfi outlets (ground fault) and they are wired in a series, the breaker at the panel may not be tripped but the breaker on the outlet might be. Or you may not have tightened a wirenut well and it cooked off. Just some quick thoughts for ya

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah bro check the wiring again and try a new outlet... outlet might have blown. How much power are you running through it?

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sounds like Cpt. Steele nailed it....look for a test/reset on the front of your GFCI outlet and reset it..lots of people wire several "damp location" outlets past the GFCI's..when it trips it kills that part of the ckt....good luck
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-25-2004 at 10:02 AM. Reason: fat figered typing

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Its not a gfi outlet. I changed both of them and made sure there were good connections on both. Still no power to them. I don't get it. They are standard 15a, 125 volt.

-B

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    If its in your bathroom its supposed to be a gfi... Now beyond why if the main breaker isnt tripped there is a wiring problem. I just reread your first post is your outside outlet a gfi? Let us know

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Breakers go bad and you'll never be able to tell....do you have a circuit tester? Is everything that's no longer working on one circuit?

I know a thing or two about it......was an electricain for about 12 years and still do it on the side for friends and such.
    Last edited by Juggy'sTwat; 08-24-2004 at 01:04 PM.

Thread Information