bigtraps is offline Member

Need help sleeping yo mike

I can not sleep. I am not on AS as of now and i still can not sleep.
    I have tryied over the counter aids susc as sleepanol and tylinol pm, muscle relaxers, shwag, percasette, valume, and beer.
    I was thinking of trying MELITONIN??( mike hit this topic before) I think from GNC they come 3mg pills. Is that an ok dose? Do you think it will work better than the other things i have tryied? WHAT WORKES BEST FOR EVERYONE ELSE? thanks

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i can't sleep at night either

i've always been a nigth person so i knwo what you are goign through.it sucks when you don't want to be up.i just smoke a little dank.like literally one tiny bowl.i never smoke at all except to sleep.i hate it, btu it works for me to sleep.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    I hit a couple caps of ghb- trust me you'll be sleepin. No doubt!
    -solid

SPEEDY is offline Junior Member
    I think you shouldn't be worried about it that much....When you are really tired, your body will just crash and then you'll sleep. The more you think about it, the more you will psychologically affect yourself. Also try changing something. If you are doing the same routines before you go to sleep, you will just find yourself lying in bed thinking why you can't sleep. Melatonin, is ok....it's a hormone known to affect sleeping patterns. In the human body, it is made by the pineal gland and affects circadian rhythms (night vs Day patterns- changes in Sympathetic vs Sympathetic). Stay away from the tylennol PM and those other things, they affect you negatively and are not a good tool to get you to regular sleeping patterns. BTW.....unless you are experimenting with Percoset, stay away from it...it is highly addictive and not meant for you to go to sleep.

try this it worked for me

only associate your bedroom and your bed w/ sleeping.don't lay in your bed for anythign else but sleep for a month.obviously you can be in bed for sex but that's it.nothing else.it worked great for me.my whole life i have been a nigth person, so sleeping is always a chalenge.i stayed out of my roomall teh time unless it was to sleep.that means no reading in bed to sleep, watchign tv to sleep, anything.eventually it will have that pavlov's dog effect.when i was in college i had visited a sleep disorder institute for a class trip.that's when this idea came to me.we heard people talkign about all teh thing they did in bed to fall asleep.read, watch, tv, even masturbate (as weird as it sounds).then i thought about it.why not just use your bedroom for what it's for......to sleep.i did it for a month then it stuck.i swear to you, juts being in my bedroom made teh bed look so inviting and i would have no trouble sleeping.i know it sounds elementary and a few members may think it sounds insane , but give it a try if you have exhausted all options.i'm damn near guarenteeing sleep.hope thai helps.

Thanks for all the posts

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    Weed

haha

yes please!!!

the only all-natural sleeping aid. natures little candy. mmmmmm.....

When i left the gym today i went to Sate Street, Madison.. Picked myself up a new one'y. hehe

i'm smoking a blunt with my g/f as i write this.

good idea dane

i think i'll spark up my piece right now. get me in that new york state of mind,haha

woo hoo

THC.......YEAH YOU KNOW ME!!!

gotta love that NY state of mind...........

Mike Guest
    Ok sorry I have been away for a while -

Yes melatonin will put you to sleep - only problem I have with it is it is hard to wake up in the mornings - it leaves you in a fog for a while - do the 3mg and NOT the 5.

Party's advice is actually excellent - the mind far outpowers the body - create an association with your bed and sleep - dont lay there to read or anything else...seriously - I couldnt have said it better - he's right - I actually am that way with my bedroom - never go in there till I am ready to sleep.

g'luck

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm always sleepy after I bust a nut, so my advice would be...flog the dolphin, ditch the tissue (or old shirt or old towel...whatever you cleaning method may be) and get your fuckin snooze on!! Bling bling!!

Did I actually just write that?? But if you think about it...how many of you guys actually want to stay awake and talk after that? An orgasm is a very powerful natural muscle relaxant.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Sex does help you sleep as Pete pointed out after all thats why we get moaned about!!

I use the bedroom as Partybounyc and Mike do sleep and sex only and I never go to bed unless I,m tired.Laying there trying to sleep annoys me.I suffer from Insomnia anyway so trying to sleep is a pain.

Always noticed how deep your sleep is 1/2hr before the alarm clock goes off?

Billy

klubhead is offline Junior Member
    try a cap of ghb and a hit of dank

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Kava-Kava works really well relaxing me. If I take a good 400mg of root or 250 extract and 250 root early evening I feel good. Not drowsy but relaxed and that makes it a lot easier to lay down without your head swimming with the days thoughts. Also Valerian root is another good herb but it STINKS! Passion flower is still another. But Please don't take them all unless they're in a blended capsul.

i'll repeat myself---WEED!!! the greatest discovery in modern medicine

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by dane26
    i'll repeat myself---WEED!!! the greatest discovery in modern medicine
    OR...you could just try to see how long you can hold your breath for and then when you pass out just run with it.

yeah i knwo what you mean

my girlfriend use to have trouble sleeping until i just put the pillow over her face when she went to bed one night.knocked her right out.well, my ex girlfriend, umm charges were never pressed when she didn't wake up.she looked so rested though.weird

good idea. hang on a sec........................

that's what i'm here for

just call me the relationship expert,haha.or the "pillow strangler" as i was called in the newspapers,haha

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    I'm always sleepy after I bust a nut, so my advice would be...flog the dolphin, ditch the tissue (or old shirt or old towel...whatever you cleaning method may be) and get your fuckin snooze on!! Bling bling!!

Did I actually just write that?? But if you think about it...how many of you guys actually want to stay awake and talk after that? An orgasm is a very powerful natural muscle relaxant.
    Most nites i have to bust a nut or i ain't sleeping. And if i do end up crashing i wake up with a tent pitched infront of me LOL!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Stick with the Melatonin . . .

Well, now that we have extolled the virtues of wacky weed and jerking off (which can even go hand in hand, so to speak), let's get to the original post . . .

Yes, Melatonin will help you sleep, but it can leave you a little hung over the next morning. If you're gonig to try it as a sleep aid, the recommended dose is three (300 mcg) tablets - but try two the first time so you don't get too zonked, and try not to make a habit of it.

In other words, Melatonin can be more effective than most over-the-counter sleep aids, but even it's (allegedly) organic nature doesn't make it any better.

As for the weed, that is a solution that does not work for everyone. I work in a safety-sensitive environment in which people can be random drug tested at any time (I was hit with a random test a couple of weeks ago), so tokin' is not an option. Even then, I recall from the old days that all it does is create a desire for munchies, which defeats the benefits of usig it in the first place. FWIW . . .

That will be five cents, please . . .

Tekto is offline Junior Member
    Im having THE HELL of the problems with insomnia right now guys. I have been taking Benadryl and it helped me the first months, but now, it dont do anything. Im going to try the Melatonin. I think there's also a supplement that have the Melatonin and Valerian together. Do u recommend taking the Melatonin alone or throw up the valerian too?

Thanks guys
    Ohh, BTW Im new here...hope I can make some good friends here.

[PHP]BUMPIDDI BUMP![/PHP]

Mike Guest
    Try taking the melatonin alone first - I know for me it knocks me out - makes it hard to wake in the morning - so honestly what I would suggest is trying valerian - that doesnt work then try melatonin - if THAT doesnt work then stack em

(BTW - quit taking the benedryl)

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Dane you are a riot man. Your answer to everything oh wise one. Traps, I just read a post about sleep, in fact, I put up a post similar to this a few months ago, about jucing and sleeping. everytime I do juice I dont' sleep for days. THen one day I will crash then I am good for a few days. Traps I feel your pain man, I really do. I always have a problem sleeping. I am taking natural chit now, and I still have time sleeping. When I do juice I don't sleep for like weeks at a time, then I just take one day and just crash. I have not found any type of over the counter or even script that works for me. I jsut live with it. Sorry can't help ya much but I think you have the same problem I have.
    who needs sleep, you got plenty of time to sleep when you die.

Unhappy What????

Sicilian. Sleeping is the key for growing bro. We (guys that have this problem) must take this seriously so we can have the best results from our training and even more, if we are juicing. Thats why Im trying every possible thing. Im going to try this herbs, then try the psicologist and even more, t he neurologist.

Just my 2 cents

Thread Information