sooner45 is offline Member

Avaya/SBC Communications???? What do I do?????

Hey guys! I have a dilemma! As some of you may remember I posted a while back about my job situation and me just graduating. Well...long story short, I basically have 2 offers now to choose. One from SBC Communications and one from Avaya Communications. Both in Dallas, TX. Just for clarification they are NOT competitors. SBC handles, T1's, Voice Over IP, etc. And Avaya handles the actual phone systems themselves. Anyway, both pay is about the same. If your at 100% commission and with your base salary, both come out to about $65,000. I just dont know what the hell to do???? I was just looking to you guys to see if anyone knew about this Industry and/or the companies to give me some insight????? Can anyone help??? I dont have a **** clue as to which one to go with????????

Justincase is offline Associate Member
    You might look at the number of people that have been laid off in the past couple of
    years…..the market has sucked for equipment vendors….SBC has a really good
    reputation for keeping there employees during hard times….they have the largest
    copper plant of all the other carriers (in ground/aerial copper) that really has helped
    them when others were laying off and loosing money.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Enie, Menie, Minie Moe usually works well for me...

No clue bro sorry, but if what Justincase said is true about SBC, and everything else is equal then i would go with SBC. Good luck!

OG

Justincase is offline Associate Member
    Its true........ths copper line business has kept them going........they can reach into
    the house, door to door where others can't.....if it is worldcom/MCI, WilTel or someone
    they will have to use SBC's copper to get to your door and that = money for
    them.

Thread Information