EastCoaster is offline Banned

All the different boards....I dont get it?????

I've seen several other boards at there like the AR but none of them are even in the same ballpark as this one. I've been invited to a lot of other boards, and a lot of them have a nice layout... but what I dont understand is, the other boards all have basically the same members, so you're pretty much getting the same advice. So why float around?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well, some boards are similar to AR, but AR has a pretty weak competitive BBing and PLing sections, so if i needed info on those 2, then i go to different boards. I'd say most of the stuff here is fairly avg in terms of training, diet, cycles, etc, so if I want to see what the big hardcore guys are doing, then I'll read up on animal's board.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    True. IMO: this board is geared more towards helping the newbie juicer out or just moderate lifters in general. If you are hard core, Im sure other boards would provide more helpful info.
    Depends on what category you fall into I guess.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Its all about that VIP

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Its all about that VIP

True dat Mass that helmet kicks ass.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    I've seen several other boards at there like the AR but none of them are even in the same ballpark as this one. I've been invited to a lot of other boards, and a lot of them have a nice layout... but what I dont understand is, the other boards all have basically the same members, so you're pretty much getting the same advice. So why float around?

I suppose everyone thinks they can start their own board and have it be as successful as this one. Nothing is worse than 8 new nice boards with 30 members each, no one posting...............they all come back here eventually!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I suppose everyone thinks they can start their own board and have it be as successful as this one. Nothing is worse than 8 new nice boards with 30 members each, no one posting...............they all come back here eventually!

~SC~
    IS THAT WHAT HAPPEND TO YOUR BOARD?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I used to float around more than I do now. I still visit two other boards (steroidology and cjm) occasionally. At many smaller boards you will often find people post identical threads from AR or other boards incluing complete copy and pastes. If you want to check out other boards try to find one with as few people from another board you visit so you get some variety and difference of opinion.

decadbal is offline Banned
    im a member on a few diff ones, they all offer something diff that keeps me loggin onto them...

IS THAT WHAT HAPPEND TO YOUR BOARD?
    Bro, that's not even funny as a joke.

My board is always prospering and is busy. The hidden VIP client only forums are where the real action takes place for what I do/the purpose behind my location. (BU$INE$$) I take it that's why you may not see a lot of the action, as you are not on the VIP.

I don't want my location to house idiots and useless info, my board has a direct focus and business reason for it's operation. On my board, u f*ck up and start sh*t, you're gone. No babysitting and 2nd chances, I leave that to the other locations.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-25-2004 at 08:59 AM.

Mass, as per my p.m. my comment was not a slam on YOUR board. I was unaware (due to you not having a viewable auto-signature) that you OWNED your own board, and that you were getting one up/running.

If ever you would like assistance, help, whatever, (not that you need it), I am here to help ya out bro. I can see why you now chose to "fire back" with your ALL CAPS offering, but it was not directed at you. Sorry you feel that it was, and I don't know if it's because your board is not doing very well or what the case is, but it was not directed at you.

As for my board, its doing very well as I said, no worries there whatsoever!
    I understand the anger in your comeback, but there is no validity to that comeback, as my board does what it's supposed to. It supports me and my career/business.

Trust me, in about 2 months or less, you'll see EXACTLY what I mean, and from my site/look/etc., you'll be able to tell that "~SC~ sure wasn't lying when he said he's doing well!!!!!!". My new site will be a direct reflection of just how well my board is doing w/it's intended purpose.

Pimp on!
    ~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-25-2004 at 09:28 AM.

Dam you're a bitch....You apoligized before I got a chance too

My bad bro.. Like I said in my PM ....Just a miscommunication

I love you Bro

and if you want to spoon later on.....just let me know and I'll send Leanmeout your way

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Awww, Grouphug Guys!!!!!

sooner45 is offline Member
    Bro, that's not even funny as a joke.

My board is always prospering and is busy. The hidden VIP client only forums are where the real action takes place for what I do/the purpose behind my location. (BU$INE$$) I take it that's why you may not see a lot of the action, as you are not on the VIP.

I don't want my location to house idiots and useless info, my board has a direct focus and business reason for it's operation. On my board, u f*ck up and start sh*t, you're gone. No babysitting and 2nd chances, I leave that to the other locations.

~SC~
    I have to second that! Its the ****!

Dam you're a bitch....You apoligized before I got a chance too

My bad bro.. Like I said in my PM ....Just a miscommunication

I love you Bro

and if you want to spoon later on.....just let me know and I'll send Leanmeout your way
    LMFAO!!!!! Love ya too big dawg!!!!!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    I have to second that! Its the ****!

Gracias my Louisiana brutha!

~SC~

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    True. IMO: this board is geared more towards helping the newbie juicer out or just moderate lifters in general. If you are hard core, Im sure other boards would provide more helpful info.
    Depends on what category you fall into I guess.
    I agree berm...this is a newbie board.I hang on other boards for more intellectual disscusion.Plus,some of the smaller boards that have 2000 or so members aren't nearly as strict with all thier rules.You can actually say a curse word on other boards wothout being sensored like a 12 yr old kid.Oh yeah,you can have sigs also,as long as they aren't tacky billboards like you see around.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think this board has the best people on it and the diet forum is realy realy great here.

but professionalmuscle has the best juice info

decadbal is offline Banned
    all this loving each other shiit is making me sick

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    all this loving each other shiit is making me sick
    You know me much better than that bro...I don't suck no internet ass..nor do I kiss ass in real life either.

Advice for anyone, rather or not you are opening up a new message board, or embarking upon another "entrepreneurialistic" (lol) event:

Be confident in what you do.

Do it big.

Ignore ignorance and those who posses ignorant qualities.

Be real, be yourself, and don't fake anything. You will have people who do not like you or your qualities/possessions, however they usually feel that way because they themselves don't have anything tangible to speak of.

On the flip-side, and by far most important, you will have about 8 times as many supporters and people willing to help you, guide you, assist you, support you, etc., and having those resources is your key to success. Your product/service may be sterling and very valuable in nature, however without the actual "people" to make it so, it will never become.

Persistence is key.

~SC~

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    LMFAO!!!!! Love ya too big dawg!!!!!

~SC~
    Get a room you two. Sheesh.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Only if I can bring your Cucumber big boy!

<<LMO>>

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

~SC~

You gotta start somewhere bro No website I have ever started was an instant success..... but given the right ammount of time and proper advertising / word or mouth they grow faster than one could immagine. I am sure you know that first hand

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    You gotta start somewhere bro No website I have ever started was an instant success..... but given the right ammount of time and proper advertising / word or mouth they grow faster than one could immagine. I am sure you know that first hand

<<LMO>>
    Yeah, I do of course. Everything is a process, and you must go through a process.

To take it a step further, I also know you have to have something different than the other locations, something to offer that is unique in nature, or you simply won't have the public interest or special interests of people looking for guidance on a particular subject.

That is a general guideline for any board and/or service that "competes" with other similar ones, not a knock on any 1 board directly in any way/shape/form.

~SC~

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    So what are some other good boards to visit? Everytime I ask this queston I just have somebody send me to a board that they are a MOD at, I'm not disrespecting the MODs, I just feel like they are trying to advertise.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Bro, ive known you for a while now and we're friends but man, why are you still here? You constantly passivly aggresive attack this board and say how much it sucks, but you have more posts than ANYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I agree berm...this is a newbie board.I hang on other boards for more intellectual disscusion.Plus,some of the smaller boards that have 2000 or so members aren't nearly as strict with all thier rules.You can actually say a curse word on other boards wothout being sensored like a 12 yr old kid.Oh yeah,you can have sigs also,as long as they aren't tacky billboards like you see around.

BDTR is offline Retired
    The only boards i mod at are here and worldclassbodybuilding.com simply because the owners and mods here and there are both tried and true and i dont want to have my reputation ruined by a board. I also swing by anafreakz from time to time as well as musclesci, both great boards. AR is still my first home though.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i have two homes....and most of you know which ones they are....

this one because of the constant action and the other because theres alot less bs from newbies....

both are awsome boards....

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Bro, ive known you for a while now and we're friends but man, why are you still here? You constantly passivly aggresive attack this board and say how much it sucks, but you have more posts than ANYONE.
    Good observation. I suppose I'm the one being passively referred to as the "tacky billboard signature". Dunno, if not, then great, if so, so what. I can't tell w/DB any longer, his tone has changed. No offense to you at all DB, just don't know what's up that's all.

I do recall the inability to display an auto-signature (w/or w/out a pic of yourself in it) was/is an issue with many. I'm appreciative of A.R. in that I am able to showcase what I've worked very hard to build (physique). The new graphics designer I have kicks butt too, her work is off the chain!

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 08-26-2004 at 07:36 AM.

Thread Information