Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

who races, and what you bringin to the track?

i know a bunch of us on here race cars, so i figured id see what we are all racing?
    me i got a 00 vw gti 1.8t puts down around 215whp, i running 23 psi at spike and tapers to about 13psi at redline (7000 rpm). so far ive had a best run of [email protected] mph on street tires. this spring im upgrading turbos and have a goal of 12's by july. oh yeah this is my daily driver. my friend has pretty much the same turbo upgrade im getting and last sunday he put down a 12.6@ 113 mph and also laid down 298whp untuned. he's shooting for 11's on slicks by july. thats his daily driver too.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    ya, i got a 94 toyata tercel its got a massive 1.2 liter engine and about 90hp. I can put up some pretty good times and it's my daily driver.............

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    got a 1988 5 speed 5.0 mustang GT..... currently in 55550505905 peices.....rebuilding the engine for power..

only car that beat me was another mustang.... i was neck and neck with a 300zx but i think he nudged me out.......

love fast cars....... nothin like bein behind the wheel goin 200+ km/hr

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I had a 97 Mustang GT all moded out...fastest time though was 13.2 @ 108mph. The car was frickin heavy though being a convertible and all. Most of my friends are into imports now so we got some quick ass cars. For example we have a 12 second 1997 Eclipse, 12 second 1986 CRX and a brand new Subaru WRX waiting to be mod'd. I love modifing cars but it gets expensive.

What track do you go to??

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I run a 72 GTO....... 400 RAM AIR IV cam, Holly 750 double pumper, d-port heads, edlebrock performer intake, Headman Headers w/ Flowmaster exhaust with cut out for open headers, 3:57 rear, Good Year slicks........ as is car run 11:96 as it's best time

Hopefully this year I will upgrade the rear with a full spool, c-clip eliminators, 4:10 gears.... Next year BIG BLOCK

This picture was taken at Atco 2 years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-gto-atco.jpg  

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I gots me a little 4 wheel drive RC. Yoshimoto.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    92 mustang gt... h/c/i n20 runs low 12's

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Mudman...that car looks clean as F*CK dude. Did you do the work on it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    Mudman...that car looks clean as F*CK dude. Did you do the work on it yourself?
    Thanks........ No a friend of mine own a restoration shop..... when he first open my car was his first project...... took almost 8 months to finish..... the car was a reck.

im thinking of getting a set of Drag Radials for this year. as my car sits now it will go 13.2 -13.3's with the drag radials cause it will cut down my 60' times. my other friend has a wrx sti with a best of 13.3@101mph with a 1.8 60' time.
    my cars in limbo now cause im selling stuff to make way for the new big turbo and a bigger FMIC. car weights 2794 w/driver and im looking to get that down to 2600's w/driver, gonna decarpet, remove the A/C, get a set of sparco pro2000 seats (14lbs a piece) and probably a carbon hood. here a pic of the ride. i usually frequent englishtown cause i dont like the waterbox at atco
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-new-car.jpg  

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Nice........... next purchase this spring...
    2002 Honda s2000

got to love that tunnel vision.................

Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    '93 Camaro Z28. Was originally an auto, until I got tired of it and swapped it to a 6-speed. Only difference in the picture now is it's lowered. This thing was bone stock when I bought it nearly 6 years ago, and I've done all the work myself. I taught myself on this car with nothing more than a Chilton's and Hayne's manual (and a few online articles). It's got every bolt-on imaginable (except blower or N2O), and I completely modified the upper end of the engine, so essentially all that is left is digging into the shortblock. I massaged the intake & T/B ports myself, and fitted on a 1050cfm throttle body. I've also heavily modified the suspension & braking system, and the only chassis mod I have left is a roll cage. I haven't been to the track in the past couple years, simply because I haven't had the time. I'm always working, training in martial arts, lifting weights, or EATING!!!

Future plans include a 383 stroker, Turbolocity LT1 twin turbo system, cryogenically-treated T-56 transmission, 12-bolt rear end, and a roll cage.

Here's a pic:
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I would tell you my best et but what fun would that be !

Nice looking cars SGFuryZ and jcstomper.........

Yeah I only to ATCO when they have Pontiac events...... That track has come a long way though it was junk a few years back.

I like Englishtown, Maple Grove, and Cecil County tracks.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    HAHA..Nice goat mudman!!! My fastest car was an 87 lx hatchback mustang on motor and 26x10.5 slicks it ran a 11.02 @ 130+mph.. This car pulled the front wheels off the ground!!!!! It was fun as hell!! Here are a few of my previous rides, I do all the work myself, except for some machining, and welding..

The first one is a 90 gt i put together myself last year.. 306/5-speed - 12.20's @ 110mph on that motor, and BFG dragradials, all work done by myself..

Second one is my 'baby', a 91 notchback from Washington State.. This fuker was FAST!!!!!!!.. C4 manual/automatic.. 306, heads, intake, portwork was incredible, unfortunatley I was hit by a drunk driver and he totaled my car, I was stopped at a redlight, and the dude slammed into me.. One of the cleanest notches i've ever owned.. I practacly gave the car away cause i almost got killed in it, this is also the car i got a dragracing ticket in.. On the ticket, it says 'dragracing 4 points - NOTE: Speed excess of 110mph.. I got my license suspended for that one (not good times) haha, i'll scan that too..

As for what i drive now, its the same as that white car, but no where near as much work done to it.. I'll scan the pictures one day and dig this thread up and post them for you guys..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-homegrown2.jpg   who races, and what you bringin to the track?-davesnotch.jpg  
    Last edited by monster.; 03-27-2004 at 10:17 PM.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member

Thumbs up

undefinedundefined
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I run a 72 GTO....... 400 RAM AIR IV cam, Holly 750 double pumper, d-port heads, edlebrock performer intake, Headman Headers w/ Flowmaster exhaust with cut out for open headers, 3:57 rear, Good Year slicks........ as is car run 11:96 as it's best time

Hopefully this year I will upgrade the rear with a full spool, c-clip eliminators, 4:10 gears.... Next year BIG BLOCK

This picture was taken at Atco 2 years ago.
    Awsome car MudMan! Not bad on the specs either, gotta love them old goats!
    What size BB do you plan on dropping in it next year? And how often do you run @ the track? And when you do is it just test and tune or do you go head to head with the other drivers? LOL ok I'll stop playing 20 q's now sorry, just love a good car story now and again.

shootdeep is offline Member
    almost done with my dragbike. should run low 8s high 7s in the 160+mph area
    it's a hyabusa with a 1540cc NEP monster in it. it's dynoed at 281hp plus approx. 80 extra nitrous ponies. i can't wait!!!!!

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    you bros need a truck. lift kit, swampers, straight pipes, and a whole lotta chrome

Quote Originally Posted by floyd_turbo
    you bros need a truck. lift kit, swampers, straight pipes, and a whole lotta chrome
    Something like this?

The only truck i'd ever buy..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-f250.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep
    almost done with my dragbike. should run low 8s high 7s in the 160+mph area
    it's a hyabusa with a 1540cc NEP monster in it. it's dynoed at 281hp plus approx. 80 extra nitrous ponies. i can't wait!!!!!
    BTW.. this, this is nuts.. 281hp with no doors.. I like it bro, defintley good times!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Breeze
    undefinedundefined

Awsome car MudMan! Not bad on the specs either, gotta love them old goats!
    What size BB do you plan on dropping in it next year? And how often do you run @ the track? And when you do is it just test and tune or do you go head to head with the other drivers? LOL ok I'll stop playing 20 q's now sorry, just love a good car story now and again.
    Thanks!.............. I will always stay Pontiac so it will be a 455 or take a crank from a 455 and put it in my 400....... I have to weigh out the pros and cons before I do it........ I only run at the Pontiac events at the tracks in my area..... so it's only a few times a year like 4 to 5 times......... When I run it's always against other drives because they run brackets at these events...... but we have a chance to do test and tune before the races start. Haven't won one yet but came in second last year at one of the meets.

needtbbig is offline Junior Member
    here is my ride 1968 plymouth barracuda 360 stroked to 408 it runs sevens on the 1/8 mile on street tires.i have not had a chance to run a 1/4 mile the closest 1/4 is bristol it is a couple hours drive away i might take it this year..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-dscf0005.jpg   who races, and what you bringin to the track?-dscf0010.jpg  

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    jcstomper, you need rear wheel drive bad. i'm not one to talk though. my current ride is a 91 mazda mx-6 turbo. It was and still is my first car, and all i've done to it is 2" exhaust, ecu, and boost control. It's somewhat of a sleeper.. not too quick, but not nearly as slow as you would think it to be.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 02-27-2004 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by needtbbig
    here is my ride 1968 plymouth barracuda 360 stroked to 408 it runs sevens on the 1/8 mile on street tires.i have not had a chance to run a 1/4 mile the closest 1/4 is bristol it is a couple hours drive away i might take it this year..
    That cuda is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    jcstomper, you need rear wheel drive bad. i'm not one to talk though. my current ride is a 91 mazda mx-6 turbo. It was and still is my first car, and all i've done to it is 2" exhaust, ecu, and boost control. It's somewhat of a sleeper.. not too quick, but not nearly as slow as you would think it to be.
    haha, yeah i hear ya, id like to build up a silvia. that wouldnt be bad, and just a disco potatoe turbo on it lol. my real goal is to have a WRC car. if i keep my car long enough i may end up going this route. i can have it made to AWD for about 5k. but i figured im probably gonna be keeping my car for a very long time. like when i have kids i want them to talk about their dads race car in the garage, and that will still be my GTI. i know people putting down over 400whp so i figure ill just do that and add AWD and get rid of every ounce of extra weight lol. Drag racings awesome but if i could rally id definatly be doing that. to bad the closest the WRC comes to america is mexico this year

my friends WRX STI does really nice 4 wheel burn outs and nothing like doing donuts in a AWD car

needtbbig is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    That cuda is beautiful!

thanks mudman that goat is badass!!

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Heres what i bring to the table

o3' Honda s2000 with...
    AEM CAI
    WORK Emotion Wheels/GunMetal
    Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    JIC Coilovers
    Billet X-Brace
    Cusco Front & Rear Swaybars
    Spoon Strut Support
    Sparco Torino Seats
    MOMO Seatbelt Harnesses
    MOMO EVO Shifter and Boot
    Apex World Exhaust
    Apex Air/Fuel Mgt. System
    J's Style CF Hood
    Eclipes Tuner
    Xtant Amp
    12' JL Audio
    Boston Acoustic Components
    Spoon Oil Cap
    Spoon Radiator Cap
    CF Spark Plug Cover
    ComTech Rear Lower Tie Bar
    Mugen Header
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Powder Coated Calipers (red)
    Stainless Brake Lines
    Exedy Clutch & Flywheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-dsc00953.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by needtbbig
    This car is sharp!!!!!!!!!! This is one hell of a nice ride bro..

fefespbeto is offline Associate Member
    i love to run..that's why i got a subaru turbo....best car to run...

Farmer is offline Member
    My 1997 Techno Violet M3 along with my buddies Alpine white 1995 M3..

Mods thus far:
    Cosmetic (sidemarkers, wheels, eyebrows etc.)
    Intake
    Ground Control RSM
    Only had the car for 5months and I'm a poor college kid..
    By summer I should have
    Software
    Carbon Fiber hood
    Euro headlights
    Hopefully...

Peace

Farmer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-minesethscarbytrees.jpg   who races, and what you bringin to the track?-resizesideshot.jpg  

Farmer, that is a sharp car.. Nice color, No doubt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Heres what i bring to the table

o3' Honda s2000 with...
    AEM CAI
    WORK Emotion Wheels/GunMetal
    Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    JIC Coilovers
    Billet X-Brace
    Cusco Front & Rear Swaybars
    Spoon Strut Support
    Sparco Torino Seats
    MOMO Seatbelt Harnesses
    MOMO EVO Shifter and Boot
    Apex World Exhaust
    Apex Air/Fuel Mgt. System
    J's Style CF Hood
    Eclipes Tuner
    Xtant Amp
    12' JL Audio
    Boston Acoustic Components
    Spoon Oil Cap
    Spoon Radiator Cap
    CF Spark Plug Cover
    ComTech Rear Lower Tie Bar
    Mugen Header
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Powder Coated Calipers (red)
    Stainless Brake Lines
    Exedy Clutch & Flywheel
    have you taked it to the track yet?

stan66 is offline Junior Member
    Man, some nice rides floating around. Good to see some guys are into the old American muscle too.
    Also, Surprised to see so many stang guys around.
    I have had 10 fox bodies and a 67 coupe in my 8 years of driving.....
    After seeing Monster's coupe, I want another one of those now......lol.

Here is the latest ride:
    93 GT 351 Sportsman Block, Forged internals, 5 spd, Baer 5 lug disc all around, black on black.
    Has run 11.40's at 120. Soon to be turbo'ed

The one before that was the most fun thus far....
    92 LX 306, TTI Street Turbo Kit, 5 spd

My site for more pics, if any one cares:
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/504561

Swellin Guest
    Mud, I have always liked you...seeing that you are a goatman, I now understand why I like you! One sharp looking ride.

There are quite a few nice rides shown here.
    I am on my desktop...the hard divecrashed and i lost my pics. My laptop is out or I would post some.

Monster has seen the 2002 WS6 that I have driven for the last year, while my brother has been in Iraq.

Before this, our street car was a 95 Z28 with lots of bolt-ons and a big bottle. 146db radio, 23mpg, 10.94 1/4 times (on slicks) @ 132-136mph.

Our strip car never made a complete pass in its final stages of completion. It broke the wheelie bars and got on the back bumper...came down and destroyed everything under the front end...went directly to the guard rail and wiped out the side...after just dumping 40k in the motor. 1971 Vega...406 small block...custom 2 stage nitrous kit. Left the line at 6k rpm. When I let go of the trans break...185hp kit turned on. 4 tenths of a second later...245hp kit turned on. Best estimates of what the car should have done in the 1/8....4.85-4.95 (2800lbs).

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    96 Nissan 240sx, s15 Silvia Front End Conversion, sr20det motor (Turbocharged) Bunch of custom work, too much to list, anyways, took it to LACR and ran 13.1. Gonna upgrade to a t3/t4 turbo by the summer gonna hit 11's...in my import!

LS1
    LS1 is offline Associate Member
    My lil' whore is a 2000 Camaro SS. I treat her right she got a few mods nothing special. Puts out 333hp, torque 343 ft lbs and I pulled a 12.4 in the 1/4. Ya bro's might of thought something maybe ya caught on with my name.Hmm
    Last edited by LS1; 02-27-2004 at 03:38 PM.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    have you taked it to the track yet?
    Hey bro, havent had it on a track yet. I have had it dyno'd though. But that was before i had a few more MODs installed. Probably close to around 300hps right now. Iv dusted a couple of Boxter S's on the street. It handles like its on rails taking corners. I love to drive it!

OG

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    Farmer, that is a sharp car.. Nice color, No doubt!!!
    Thanks bro, I just returned from a plastic company in Portland and picked up some sheets of carbon fiber...its time for me to have some fun in the interior.

Peace

Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Hey bro, havent had it on a track yet. I have had it dyno'd though. But that was before i had a few more MODs installed. Probably close to around 300hps right now. Iv dusted a couple of Boxter S's on the street. It handles like its on rails taking corners. I love to drive it!

OG
    yeah tracking is very fun, but i think i need to get a differant car to do it regularly, cause tires, rotors, and brake pads get expensive

redrock is offline Member
    My dad and I built up a 1995 Chevy Impala. 350 LT1. roller rockers,lifters, msd ignition, hypertech computer chip, 3 inch headers, flowmaster cat-back exhaus, b&m shift kit, 3.55 rear gears. ran 13.75 with slicks. RR

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    different kind of racing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who races, and what you bringin to the track?-bike3.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information