Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Ultimate social anxiety test

Well me of all people just got invited to party(not yet in a few weeks when the one I know turns 18) with a bunch of HOT 18 year old prime examples of the female species. The thing is I havent meet any of them in real life and I have this social anxiety ****. My mind tells me to go, but my anxiety tells me Il just probably be very unsocial and to to stay the **** away.

**** have to find my nutsack, show myself I got some balls and go party with those thight asses

Hope I wont chicken out.

So plz bro's give me some encouragment and tell me Im a big ****ing pussy if I dont do it

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    hot 18 year old snatch............and you're even considering not going...........i'd question my sexuality if i were you (hope that was some motivation )

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    relax.... have a beer

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    i love alcohol

go bro! you'll regret not going when all your friends are telling you stories about all the puss they got

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    bro you REALLY need to go get drunk... I know you don't drink but have you ever been trashed? It makes you loose ALL your inhabitions including anti socail and social phobias...
    Well I dont get drunk because of a reason..

When I used to drink I got trashed all the time and I get VERY emotional and depressed thinking about my childhood, mom, dad ect and it always ends with me trying to drown myself with vodka. After a couple of hours of that Im in the bathroom throwing upp and crying at the same time.
    Just plain phatetic!!

It loses my inhibitation in a very bad way..

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    stick with beer though, hard liquor is hard to judge when you've never drank b4

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    stick with beer though, hard liquor is hard to judge when you've never drank b4
    I have been drunk lots of times and I prefer vodka or tequila if drinking. I just choose that alcohole is not my drug of choise anymore

I guess Il just be high or something.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I hear good things about heroin and crack

being high MAKES me have social aniexety..

freaks me out being in public stoned... especially parties.. thats way i basically gave up the stuff..
    Nah nah I would never ever try to party stoned . The term high in sweden means beeing effected by any drug. Maby not the same over there

but forget the rec drug talk. otherwise this thread will get locked in a instance.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I guess Il just be high or something.
    I hate social situations when I'm high. I can't carry a conversation with someone I don't know. I say don't get drunk, but catch a buzz. I down a 24 o.z., and a shot of tequila before I go out, then drink a few beers when you're there. Works wonders for me. I like hitting on older women, and the buzz makes it so much easier. The last two times I have done that, I picked up a 29 year old, and then a 32 year old. For me talking to younger girls my age is easier. But sometimes it's hard getting a 30 something woman to be comfortable once she finds out I'm barely 21. Give it a try.

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I hear good things about heroin and crack
    Me too. It tastes great!

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Drugs suck...

have a few cold ones..
    i agree with you there, don't drink n drive bro

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    just go with a bottle of hpnotiq in hand, and make a game out of it.. see how many different girls you can get numbers, or leave with.

theres no need to worry.. since you are invited, that means you are accepted. just have a good time bro.

realer is offline Associate Member
    Well me of all people just got invited to party(not yet in a few weeks when the one I know turns 18) with a bunch of HOT 18 year old prime examples of the female species. The thing is I havent meet any of them in real life and I have this social anxiety ****. My mind tells me to go, but my anxiety tells me Il just probably be very unsocial and to to stay the **** away.

**** have to find my nutsack, show myself I got some balls and go party with those thight asses

Hope I wont chicken out.

So plz bro's give me some encouragment and tell me Im a big ****ing pussy if I dont do it

come on man, you just got some the other week, you should still be fling high. try and get some more. plus wants the worst thing that could happen. you might really have a good time. and if you dont, then no big deal. but im sure you wont have the same amount of fun at home wondering if you should have gone or not.
    you only live once bro. make the best of it. ALWAYS!
    Last edited by realer; 08-25-2004 at 08:43 PM.

are you still a virgin?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    JUst do what you did last time.....pop a few extra dbols, go, and before you know it you will be hunting them.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I know it's easier said then done but go to the party and tell yourself you're going to have fun......... don't worry about hooking up because when you do it will not happen....... Women can sence things like desperation, fear, and what ever else is wrong with us at the time.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Just wonder around the room and tell jokes, try not to stick with particular people to long. Always look like your having a good time (smile, look excited, ect). Thats basically what I do and I always manage to get something before the nights over. Good luck bro!

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i'm as antisocial as they come... till i get a few drinks in me, 3-5 seems to do the trick, after that i seem to lose my charm. seriously though, don't drown yourself in vodka, just drink a few right quick and have a good time... or find some tail elsewhere if you really don't wanna be around people. i hate people.

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    You shouldnt even consider not going...when your 45 years old you will regret the time when you passed on fresh 18 year old poon.

Just go in there like you own the place, you got no reason to be nervous, just KNOW that every girl in there wants you, and you just have to pick the one. Youll probly be the most jacked guy there, so you shouldnt have to worry about any guys giving you hell. Relax, radiate confidence and take your pick bro.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Jesus, have some self esteem. The way i look at it is simple, I dont think im better than everyone in the room, i KNOW IT. This completely eliminates all anxiety from the situation. I can tell from your posts that you have some very very serious deep seeded mental health/emotional issues that should probably be addressed by a professional. It's not an attack, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Jesus, have some self esteem. The way i look at it is simple, I dont think im better than everyone in the room, i KNOW IT. This completely eliminates all anxiety from the situation. I can tell from your posts that you have some very very serious deep seeded mental health/emotional issues that should probably be addressed by a professional. It's not an attack, just an observation.
    and a good observation to.
    Im trying to find ways right now to fund seeing a psychologist but its going painfully slow and ****ty

Quote Originally Posted by realer
    come on man, you just got some the other week, you should still be fling high. try and get some more. plus wants the worst thing that could happen. you might really have a good time. and if you dont, then no big deal. but im sure you wont have the same amount of fun at home wondering if you should have gone or not.
    you only live once bro. make the best of it. ALWAYS!
    True that, need to force myself into thinking that way

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    are you still a virgin?
    No I lost it last week

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    JUst do what you did last time.....pop a few extra dbols, go, and before you know it you will be hunting them.
    D-bol seems to do the trick lol, to bad Im all out of them

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I know it's easier said then done but go to the party and tell yourself you're going to have fun......... don't worry about hooking up because when you do it will not happen....... Women can sence things like desperation, fear, and what ever else is wrong with us at the time.
    Im not worrying to much about hooking up. If I get some then Im a happy man, if I dont then no loss. But the thing that does worrie me is the social bits, just the ability to hold a conversation ect. That is whats hard for me, to force myself not beeing a complete silent, creepy ass looking odd dude in the corner.

But I will probably go, only to challange my anxiety and show myself I wont pussie out this time

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I agree 100%. I don't think you'll get over this cause you talk about it all the time. I have a few bro's like this too and there not even fun to bring out with me, there the type that sit at the bar while your at a table bullsh*tting with 3 girls.

AnabolicAlien Guest

hehe...

couldn't agree with btdr more.... but i sympathize with your disorder.

not to rub salt in your wound but i'm dating/hammering this girl right now who just turned 18 and i'm 26. you just have to appear confident.

A.A.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuff
    I agree 100%. I don't think you'll get over this cause you talk about it all the time. I have a few bro's like this too and there not even fun to bring out with me, there the type that sit at the bar while your at a table bullsh*tting with 3 girls.
    Within a year I will break it or it will break me. That simple. Im no the kind of guy that ignores problems I fix it and thats what Im trying to do. If I had ****loads of cash I would se a shrink constantly but I dont, so Il have to find alternate ways.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I dont get drunk because of a reason..

When I used to drink I got trashed all the time and I get VERY emotional and depressed thinking about my childhood, mom, dad ect and it always ends with me trying to drown myself with vodka. After a couple of hours of that Im in the bathroom throwing upp and crying at the same time.
    Just plain phatetic!!

It loses my inhibitation in a very bad way..
    um yeah no alchohol for you buddy. try looking into anxiety medicines like zanax and **** like that. talk to a doc man, you dont want to go through life with that issue. you wouldnt be able to accomplish ****.. atleast you cant around here

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    um yeah no alchohol for you buddy. try looking into anxiety medicines like zanax and **** like that. talk to a doc man, you dont want to go through life with that issue. you wouldnt be able to accomplish ****.. atleast you cant around here
    anxiety meds are just different kinds of benzoes or ssri's. The first ones are just drugs and then Il rater be tweaked out on a drug of my choise that doesnt sedate me and ssri's I refuse to touch cause NO ONE knows what long term side effects it has on the brain. Not to mention they are additive as **** and can realy **** a person up. Drugs are not the cure or solution just a temporary fix.

I know what I need and thats cognitive behavioral therapy and I guess Il start saving cash so I can afford it sometime

Todd Scott is offline Junior Member
    Dude! I am a CBT therapist but im in the UK so I cant really work with you. whenever you start to feel shy, anxious, inadiquate etc, start by looking for faults in other people, doesn't matter how trivial. (that person is pis*ed and singing crap songs, that person has skinny arms etc) and compare them to your hangups. If you are being honest to yourself and open minded you will realise that everyone is hiding something, especially the ones hiding behind confidence! Its really fun actually.
    Whenever you start to feel a bit anxious, go up to the bathroom, find a mirror and crack out a few poses. I bet that out of all of the guys there, you have the best physique! especially if it is full of 18 year olds
    good luck

Quake is offline Member
    Hey man, did you give any more thought or do any more research into what I suggested in your other thread, regarding diet and the effects certain foods have on some people? Do you take in a lot of sugar? Maltodextrin? Glucose? Dextrose? These are food sources that have been linked with feelings of edginess and nervousness obviously linking to anxiety. Try cutting all of these things out of your diet for 2 months and see if your feelings and thoughts improve. There's far more you could do or try too. Try this link, I had to try it twice to get it to come up, but this site seems to have plenty that might help you (it is a web-site aimed at women, but these articles came up when I ran a search, and their content seems to be applicable to both men and women)-

http://www.ivillagehealth.com/featur...421569,00.html

Good hunting!
    Last edited by Quake; 08-26-2004 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Scott
    Dude! I am a CBT therapist but im in the UK so I cant really work with you. whenever you start to feel shy, anxious, inadiquate etc, start by looking for faults in other people, doesn't matter how trivial. (that person is pis*ed and singing crap songs, that person has skinny arms etc) and compare them to your hangups. If you are being honest to yourself and open minded you will realise that everyone is hiding something, especially the ones hiding behind confidence! Its really fun actually.
    Whenever you start to feel a bit anxious, go up to the bathroom, find a mirror and crack out a few poses. I bet that out of all of the guys there, you have the best physique! especially if it is full of 18 year olds
    good luck

Thanks alot for the advice bro!! Il for sure try that! If you got any more advices id be more then happy to hear them?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Quake
    Hey man, did you give any more thought or do any more research into what I suggested in your other thread, regarding diet and the effects certain foods have on some people? Do you take in a lot of sugar? Maltodextrin? Glucose? Dextrose? These are food sources that have been linked with feelings of edginess and nervousness obviously linking to anxiety. Try cutting all of these things out of your diet for 2 months and see if your feelings and thoughts improve. There's far more you could do or try too. Try this link, I had to try it twice to get it to come up, but this site seems to have plenty that might help you -

http://www.ivillagehealth.com/featur...421569,00.html

Good hunting!
    I forgot all about it Il look into that thread. I dont eat much carbs at all. Especialy not malto, or dextrose(except post workout). Even when bulking Im usualy below 200g carbs/day. All of my carbs comes from rice, apples, whole grain pasta and sometimes potatoes.
    I eat pretty healthy I think, but Il for sure look into that link. Im just not convinced diet might have that big impact

the link had some good points. Unfortunaly I already follow all those things except I never drink milk and I never eat turky

st johsn worth maby I should try
    thanks for the link!

Quake is offline Member
    Here's a quote from a site I found on the same search -

Watch your diet
    A poor diet contributes to a poor reaction to stress, exacerbating some of the symptoms of anxiety disorders. Deficiencies of B vitamins, Vitamin C, calcium and magnesium have been linked to symptoms such as insomnia, depression, and irritability. Caffeine (found in coffee, tea, chocolate and colas ) should be eliminated from your diet because it's a stimulant. In fact, excessive use of caffeine has been known to produce symptoms resembling a panic attack. People who are sensitive to changes in blood sugar levels (especially people with diabetes and hypoglycemia) should cut back on or avoid eating sugar, which, as a result of decreasing blood sugar levels, can lead to anxiety, dizziness, irritability, depression, tremor, nausea and hunger pangs. Instead, eat a well-balanced diet with good sources of protein, and complex carbohydrates such as breads, cereals, fruits and vegetables.
    Exercise
    Physical activity is the natural outlet for your body when you are in a highly aroused state such as anxiety. After exercise, you'll probably feel more relaxed. Muscle workouts help relieve tension by allowing excess adrenaline to be metabolized. Physical activity also stimulates the production of endorphins which are chemicals produced by the body that contribute to a sense of well-being.

And here's the link to the site -

http://community.healthgate.com/GetC...anxiety/coping

I know for a fact that coffein can give me panic attacks cause I have experienced that. Worst feeling in my life.
    After that I try to stay away from coffein as much as I can but I now down atleast 1 liter of diet cola everyday with my tuna shakes...

my insomnia has gotten worse since I stoped the b vitamin supplements and zink. Have to buy more of that.

Quake is offline Member
    Just a question, do you use Nolvadex or Tamoxifen when on cycle and during PCT? Are you on cycle now? (2 questions)

Quote Originally Posted by Quake
    Just a question, do you use Nolvadex or Tamoxifen when on cycle and during PCT? Are you on cycle now? (2 questions)
    I only use nolva when cycling when Im cutting. Nope Im not on PCT right now but I am right now using nolva and arimidex and dnp to get rid of some water and fat.

Im only on susta right now .

But to be honest I dont think roids makes any real difference in my mood. D-bol helps a bit the first 2 weeks then Im back down again.

But I was much happier when cutting them now when bulking. Then I only ran 500mg test and 50mg winny and arimidex 0.5mg/eod and nolva 20mg/day and I feelt like a million bucks. But mostly cause I had a goal and I was always busy with cardio and school ect. When Im busy Im not that depressed, when Im bored I get horribly depressed

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro there are other ways to fix yourself without meds or drugs. The social phobia you have or your self worth is all wrapped up in your beliefs and your language. A shrink will milk you for years to fix this, I am not syaing shrinks dont have their place but not on social phobias. Think about so you and your shrink find out what your really scared of why and when it started and this will fix the problem, I think not. Did you know that the anxiety your feeling is phsylogically the same as the feeling you get when your a kid waiting for santa. Its the same just your mind has decided to label it scared or fear. When you think to yourself about this party, truly what is your "fear' about? What do you think that if you dont get 1 of those girls you failed? Do you fee that those girls have the power to make every vagina in the world snap closed to you? Stop being so negative, I understand your just starting to feel your way around this stuff but you certainly dont need to take the rejection of the slut you banged a week ago and call it a failure.. What you need to do is learn how to change your beliefs, not false confidence or any other temporary thing. When you look into the past you were who you were then this in turn made the events transpire the way they did and hasnt any effect on the you of today. For instance were you born walking? Of course not, but when you were 6 or 9 months old did you look to the past and say I cant walk because I never did obviously not. Thats why if you were unsuccessful in the past or whatever is nagging you in the back of your headf is meaningless bs, that is not searving you well, so change the channel. Dont be yourself learn to be who you need to be for the situation, this is the best advice I can give you.. Oh and have fun and not focus on sh*t that doesnt matter

Quake is offline Member
    Several sites mention Magnesium as an important mineral for people who suffer from anxiety, I started taking magnesium about a month or so ago. At the time I had injured my lower back and the muscle was very sore and tense, so much so that my hamstrings were often cramping up. The first time I took Magnesium, within an hour of taking it all the muscles in my lower back and ham strings relaxed considerably! If you get tense muscles from your anxiety, I know from experience that Magnesium will relax them, and you at the same time. Do you take Magnesium? I now take 1250mg to 1500mg a day through supplementation, and I have not experienced any problems with my back or hamstrings in 2 or 3 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information