Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.

New thread same topic: Getting a Doberman what should I name it?

Getting a Dobey pup this evening haven't picked it out yet. Anyone with experience with them? I've got small kids. Also would you recommend a male or female or does it matter? And any ideas for names. Can't be satanic or vulgar, wife won't have it.

decadbal is offline Banned
    my doberman her name is chyna...

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    rommel

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Dobies are really good with kids bro. They are sweet hearts. Make sure u post some pixs later!

How bout Shultz for a male and Lady for a female...?

OG

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Name him Jesus! And then get a talking parrot and train him to say "Jesus is watching you".....next robber to break into your house will get a real kick out of that. hahahahaha

or buy a gun and kill the robber

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    or buy a gun and kill the robber
    kind of kills the fun for the dobby don't you think? hahahaha Just wing him if you can.

yea leg shot then let the dober chew the rest of the leg off, hell yes, popcorn and beer anyone.. the shows about to start

Juggy, hilarious! I got a good chuckle out of that one. Schultz makes me think of Seargent Schultz in Hogans Heroes. Rommel , good but can't have Nazi affiliation. Something strong like Zeuss. My wife want's a boy and to name it Spartacus (btw it's her nickname for my you know what!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Juggy, hilarious! I got a good chuckle out of that one. Schultz makes me think of Seargent Schultz in Hogans Heroes. Rommel , good but can't have Nazi affiliation. Something strong like Zeuss. My wife want's a boy and to name it Spartacus (btw it's her nickname for my you know what!)
    Let me guess.....you do the whole "My name is Spartacus" routine when you come out of the bathroom? hahahaha

You'll have to come up with a name you can yell when the guy runs off......had a dog I named dumbass (smart as a rock...no joke) and I got a lot of strange looks walking around yelling "Here dumbass....here boy". hahahaha

Oh man that was a laugh! I had a dog named Dave once and when I would talk about him when he was a pup I would be like Dave took a crap on the rug this morning etc.. people who didn't know were looking at me a little funny. Dave was licking his balls again this morning..I loved it.

rommel wasnt a nazi, german yes but nazi no. The reason they made him commit suicide was he was implicated in the plot to assassinate hitler(nazi). besides he hated nazi's. nazi killer more like it

Name him Jager. it's german. Jagermiester Means Master of the hunt. jager means hunter. good german name for a good german dog

That' one is in the running........Jager. BTW I have a funny story about Jagermeister..........

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I used to have a chocolate doberman, her name was Misty

Sorry about you loss I see you still miss her. Maybe I won't know his/her name until I see him/her I don't know. My wife named all the kids I'm not good at naming anything.

Yeah she was a trip. Also had a black Rott named Bella she passed away too I suck with dogs

Bro you ARE hard on a dog! Sorry tryin to cheer you up. It's tough losing an animal, some people don't see it that way but I do.

Bro you ARE hard on a dog! Sorry tryin to cheer you up. It's tough losing an animal, some people don't see it that way but I do.
    Yeah and all have been natural causes I swear! Planning on getting an American Bulldog soon *crosses fingers*

Going back to the name Rommel. What was he considered just a German soldier? Did he not agree with the Nazis? Wasn't he a career soldier before Hitler took power? Perhaps this is why he would not be considered a Nazi?

He was a brilliant tactician, if he wasn't considered a Nazi I will put that on the list too.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Friends of mine have a rott named Kira and a mini pincher named Hoshi~the husband is a Star Trek fan.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    Stallion is my choice

From March to July of 1943, Erwin Rommel was enjoying his badly needed sick leave, spending time with his wife and occasionally with his son. On July 10th, Rommel was appointed as the Commander-in-Chief in Greece, but was quickly recalled back to Germany. In early November, Rommel became the Commander-in-Chief in Italy, but was quickly replaced by General Albert Kesselring. In late November of 1943, Rommel was transferred to France and on December 31st, received the command of Army Group B under Field Marshal von Runstedt. He was responsible for the area stretching from Holland to Bordeaux and was to organize coastal defenses against the expected Allied invasion. He was also appointed as Inspector General and was put in charge of the defenses on the Atlantic Wall. When preparing the Western Europe for the invasion, Rommel designed special paratroop and aircraft landing barrier, called "Rommel-Spargel" (Rommel's Asparagus), along with many other obstacles. Once the landing in June of 1944, had succeeded, Erwin Rommel realized that the war was hopelessly lost and that to condone Hitler's senseless continuation of it would be irresponsible. Injured in a strafing air attack on July 17th of 1944, Rommel could not personally participate in the attempt to overthrow Hitler three days later (July 20, 1944), but he was gravely implicated. (Rommel's role in the overthrow of Hitler is still not clear and highly disputed by the historians.) Rommel's opposition to Adolf Hitler was kept secret, because of his popularity. On August 8th, Erwin Rommel was transported from the French Hospital to Herrlingen, where he was placed under house arrest. Erwin Rommel was given the choice of suicide, to be reported as death from his wounds, as an alternative to execution as a traitor, which would have placed his family and close associates in grave danger. On October 14, 1944, Rommel was taken to the hospital at Ulm, where he died by his own hand taking the poison. On October 18th, Erwin Rommel was buried with full military honors and it was a day of national mourning ordered by Adolf Hitler himself. Overall, Erwin Rommel was an outstanding and an unconventional military leader with unique methods of command. Erwin Rommel is one of the few commanders, who was not involved in any war crimes. Rommel was highly respected by his enemies and was considered to be the last of the knights. During the North African Campaign, Rommel often cut the water rations of his troop, so that the prisoners of war could survive. His personal papers and notes, all put together by Lucie-Maria Rommel and Fritz Bayerlein, titled "Rommel Papers" ("Krieg ohne Hass"), were published for the first time in 1950 and described all of Rommel's combat and personal experiences. In post-war years, Erwin Rommel's son Manfred became Mayor of the city of Stuttgart

he kept getting replaced because of herman goring. a fat **** who was jelous(and a nazi) of rommel. goring was in charge of the luftwaffe. i hate that fat ****. he hung himslef while awaiting trial for war crimes. he committed suicide so he wouldnt have to face what he had done, rommel committed suicide to protect his family and his freinds. I have the up most respect for the man. and yes he was career. wounded in italy in WW1. Rommel woudl be a good name for your dog IMO

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    mr. bojangles

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Getting a Dobey pup this evening haven't picked it out yet. Anyone with experience with them? I've got small kids. Also would you recommend a male or female or does it matter? And any ideas for names. Can't be satanic or vulgar, wife won't have it.
    Pinch
    Pinchy

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Someone sugested Jäger and that sounds like a badass dog name. Otherwise I would pic something else that sounds powerfull.

Maby one of the nordic god's?? Odin, thor, thyr. Look into it, lots of good powerfull souding names.

It's a girl! When I saw her I named her Athena! Isn't she the Greek godess of war?

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cavemanspearchucker
    he kept getting replaced because of herman goring. a fat **** who was jelous(and a nazi) of rommel. goring was in charge of the luftwaffe. i hate that fat ****. he hung himslef while awaiting trial for war crimes. he committed suicide so he wouldnt have to face what he had done, rommel committed suicide to protect his family and his freinds. I have the up most respect for the man. and yes he was career. wounded in italy in WW1. Rommel woudl be a good name for your dog IMO
    Why not just name the dog 'Auschwitz' or 'WaffenSS'

Swellin Guest
    I am a dobie fanatic. I have owned many different breeds, but the dobie is my favorite by far. Congrats on your new pup! My first dobie was a red female named Laika (pronounced the same as the optics company spelled Leica), for the first animal in space...a Russian shepherd. After that, there was Khan and Khaspeyr. Kaz was the greatest dog a guy could ever ask for. I had to get something different after his passing, as the dobie health problems were too much for me to bear at the time. We got a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and he is dumber than a box of rocks, but he is super sweet and loves my son (14 month old son).
    I can't wait until we move so we will have enough room to get another dobie.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    I used to have a chocolate doberman, her name was Misty
    i had a dog named misty....she died a month ago, thanks biatch

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

i had a rott named Torak and a doberman named UZI

She is a cute little thing I can't wait for her to grow up. I hope she is big. So is Athena the Greek godess of war? Anyone?

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    She is a cute little thing I can't wait for her to grow up. I hope she is big. So is Athena the Greek godess of war? Anyone?
    I'm pretty sure athena was the goddess of wisdom and war, as the protector of athens ....

GQSuperman is offline Banned

names

used to have a dobie named jackson

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Something Germanic

Gaucho77 is offline Associate Member
    If you had gotten a boy, I'd suggest Ogg.

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    I would reccomend a female dog, they might be easier with the kids, make sure to spade her (It will prolong her life and keep her healthy), If it is a female I would call her Arwen or Isis

If it is a mel Buster, or the Hindu God Shiva.

Lobsterman is offline Associate Member
    How about Natas ? That's Satan backwards ? Himmler ? Lestat maybe ?

Lobsterman is offline Associate Member
    Thor's a good one

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    maby Alimentazione means power in italian I think

Sorry if these names have been suggested before havent read through the thread. But maby Thunder, Fury, Rage, Lightning, Storm, Tsunami(thats a bad ass name imo), nova.

If you want a powerfull name, then take something from nature cause there is nothing more powerfull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information