Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new baby!!!!

ttuPrincess Guest

my new baby!!!!

I got my new car today ... black 2005 Nissan Altima.. Im soo happy I could burst!!!!!

Just wanted to share my happyness

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    I got my new car today ... black 2005 Nissan Altima.. Im soo happy I could burst!!!!!

Congratulation!!!!!!!!

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus
    nice! enjoy it!

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Ya got yourself a **** good car....

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I always had you pegged as more of a dodge minivan kinda person lol.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico

hahahahaha!!!!

ttuPrincess Guest
    now why would you go and saya thing like that ??

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    oh **** . Congrads im happy for ya

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I'm just kidding Princess.....I figured those might be fightin words in Texas lol. Long time no see, glad you got a new ride. How fast have you got it going?

now why would you go and saya thing like that ??

ttuPrincess Guest
    I'm just kidding Princess.....I figured those might be fightin words in Texas lol. Long time no see, glad you got a new ride. How fast have you got it going?
    not very fast .. you cant go over 60 in this town.. ill take it out of town next month and put her to the test!!!

ttuPrincess Guest
    and I will never drive a mini van.. i told the car dealer I needed a fast fun car instead of my suv so that I could have fun until I really needed an suv to play soccer mom! .. lol

SV-1 is offline Respected Member

I've never understood why people buy *new* cars (unless they're rich). A new car becomes a used car the second you drive it off the lot, and most cars take the biggest hit in depreciation the first 3 years. So if you buy a 2-3 year old car that has low miles you can either save a *ton* or get soooooo much more car for the same $$$.

So what did this now used car cost?

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

go girl! drive the **** out of it! tell sv-1 to go to hell, even though he thinks like i do. hahaha

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    I've never understood why people buy *new* cars (unless they're rich). A new car becomes a used car the second you drive it off the lot, and most cars take the biggest hit in depreciation the first 3 years. So if you buy a 2-3 year old car that has low miles you can either save a *ton* or get soooooo much more car for the same $$$.

You sure know how to rain on her parade!!!!

Congrats

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I want one of those Nissan 350Zs sooo friggin' bad.

ttuPrincess Guest

why? because i dont want somones been smoked in, food spilled, coffe stained old car.. my early graduation present.. off the showroom floor.. for 23K...

for once, I have exactly what I want, with what i want on/in it and not how someone else ordered it..

Basically.. MINE MINE MINE MINE MIN!E!!!

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Congradulations Princess!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I want one of those Nissan 350Zs sooo friggin' bad.
    very very nice..

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    why? because i dont want somones been smoked in, food spilled, coffe stained old car.. my early graduation present.. off the showroom floor.. for 23K...

for once, I have exactly what I want, with what i want on/in it and not how someone else ordered it..

Ok girl. I wont rain on your parade anymore, mostly because I know it wont work (you're too mesmerized by the car).

But for 23K I sure wouldn't be driving an altima.

go get em girl, watch out for that skinny pedal on the right, it can get ya in trouble! they are quick cars.

Ok girl. I wont rain on your parade anymore, mostly because I know it wont work (you're too mesmerized by the car).

But for 23K I sure wouldn't be driving an altima.
    but thats you bro, me neither i agree, but again it wasnt your money

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    very very nice..

I'll wait a year. By then it'll be a choice between a used Z, a used G35, orrr....the New 05' Mustang GT.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Congrats Princess. I remember you talking about this car a few months ago. Happy for you that you finaly got it.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Great news! And with Texas being do close to Florida........when can you make it by to run me up to the store......I need a diet coke. Don't give me any excuses....I'll toss a buck or two towards gas. What color is it so I can keep an eye out for you? hahahahaha

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Just to back up sv-1 a little is if you bought an 04' nissan maxima loaded leather the whole thing in 03' the sticker price is 32k. If you put 100 mi on the car and traded it today its worth 22k thats a 31% hit in the first year so if that the case you would at best still owe 27k for the car and the high retail for the car is 26.5k.. Food for thought..

Now on a different note congradulations on your new car its such a good feeling to have a new car

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Congrats tt! Use it well...

OG

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    SV-1 and Steele are 100% correct!!! I have been in the business for a long time...although in finance....I know what is and what is not in the car business. However...there is nothing sweeter than that new car smell....also...you know what you are getting when ya get it new. So it is worth more money to some people. Congrats TTU!!!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Congrats princess....My wife has an 04 Quest and its a sweet driving minivan.... I give Nissans Props For their new line of automobiles

max-it is offline Member

i agree with princess on this one. yes a car does lose most of its value in the first three years, but, there is nothing like the feeling of driving a brand new car that is all yours. I think of it like this, a car is NOT an investment, it is an expense. If your looking for a place to park your cash where it will grow in value then buy a house. A car is pure expense, so buying new means I don't have to worry about breaking down, repair shop bills, etc. I get peace of mind and a great feeling at the same time. I justify the increased expense as a cost of transportation and an investement in my well being.

I totally agree on with this,,, and btw... does your new altima require high octane fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    i agree with princess on this one. yes a car does lose most of its value in the first three years, but, there is nothing like the feeling of driving a brand new car that is all yours. I think of it like this, a car is NOT an investment, it is an expense. If your looking for a place to park your cash where it will grow in value then buy a house. A car is pure expense, so buying new means I don't have to worry about breaking down, repair shop bills, etc. I get peace of mind and a great feeling at the same time. I justify the increased expense as a cost of transportation and an investement in my well being.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    There was a story on the news about millionairs and how they earned their money....I'm not talking about people who got it from family but everyday people, ones that held down normal jobs...nothing special you know? Anyway there was this one guy who, by the age of 40, had a million cash in the bank and the reporter was asking him what we would suggest people to do that would really help them save money. The number one thing he said was NEVER buy a new car. Always buy second hand, do repairs on it and drive it till it falls apart. He said for his entire life he has never owned a brand new car.

BTW, he was a mechanic for a car dealer.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    I totally agree on with this,,, and btw... does your new altima require high octane fuel?
    is that a line of ****????....the guy tried to tell us that, but i thought it was just another line of bs...my truck says not to use the high grade, just low or mid????

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    is that a line of ****????....the guy tried to tell us that, but i thought it was just another line of bs...my truck says not to use the high grade, just low or mid????
    Because of compression ratio's CS High grade fuel burns at a higher flashpoint. But I have never heard of not using it Maybe Blown sc can shed some light on this

pretty_tony is offline Associate Member
    can u come pick me up?

for $23k you coulda bought a nice 2002 4x4 f250 extended cab.jacked that muther up.

but good job.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    U can use high octane fuel, but the thing is people think that higher octane = better performance. Which is not true unless your car can take advantage of the faster burn rate. I have to put it in my car due to the aftermarket stuff i have. If i dont it will ping and knock like a mofo. So put what ever the user manual says
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Because of compression ratio's CS High grade fuel burns at a higher flashpoint. But I have never heard of not using it Maybe Blown sc can shed some light on this

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    congrats
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 08-26-2004 at 02:08 PM.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    SV-1 and Steele are 100% correct!!! I have been in the business for a long time...although in finance....I know what is and what is not in the car business. However...there is nothing sweeter than that new car smell....also...you know what you are getting when ya get it new. So it is worth more money to some people. Congrats TTU!!!
    finance.. hows 2% apr.. lol .. tee hee

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

You did well there fo sho!!!!

finance.. hows 2% apr.. lol .. tee hee

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats- enjoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information