Casanova33 is offline Associate Member

Trying to decide whether to play college football

I haven't been posting on here lately, been working and school just started. anyways 2 days ago i was walking to the parking lot after a workout at the athletic center when one of the football coaches at our school asks me again to play football at our school. he says that they need o-lineman pretty badly. i do track at a d1 school and was glad to have a coach personally ask me to play. last year i was at a d2 school playing ball and didn't like it. probably because it was injury plagued and the school was just plain depresing to go to. things have turned around and i miss the game alot. the coaches want me to start practice soon but im not in shape at all. i am leaning towards playing im just not totally sure. it just seemed to help if i wrote this down and saw what other people had to say.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    do it for sure. you'll regret it if you dont.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Do it.

thats where im leaning. the football guys treat me better than the track guys for some odd reason (i guess since football players are a little animalistic they can smell that im a football player at heart)

GQSuperman is offline Banned

do it

the perks are great....women, parties...and the experience of a lifetime. you'll have a lifetime of memories and stories to tell in teh future. you'll get in shape in no time (plus, your o-line...they don't expect you to run a marathon). if they are goign to offer you money at the end of the season....even better.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    if it were me, i'd play probably, but you have to love the game bro, and if you say you miss it, i'd play, a coach asked me the same thing bro, he asked me to walk on, but i was like F*** that, i don't wanna walk on, i miss the game, but it led me to wanting to get large, but if you are ALREADY missing the game, i'd suggest you take the chance, or you could be regreting it down the road, just look at how you'd feel a few years from now, took me weeks to make my decsion, so think about it

sh*t im already a walkon for track cause i transfered schools. it would mean a lot to my dad since my little bro had to quit football cause of injuries.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    sh*t im already a walkon for track cause i transfered schools. it would mean a lot to my dad since my little bro had to quit football cause of injuries.
    if you think you have a chance for a scholarship n stuff i'd say go for it, my i have 2 friends that are D-1 programs, they both like it i would say, and another friend that plays JUCO ball, they all love the sport, and if you do, what else doo you have to loose, at least you know you'd have tried and would have no regrets down the line

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I stopped playing sports a few years ago, and Its probably the biggest regret I have thusfar. If it were me I would play, its not worth the hell you will put yourself through for not going out in a couple years.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i hated it... u may like it, the fun is gone though..

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i currently play for UCF, deca is right its not fun at this level but come game day its all worth it. i am a loose cannon on the field and love to hit folks and try to kill them for being on MY field. i am a linebacker and its awesome, its very time consuming. if you do not do it there will always be that "what if" in the back of your head, you dont want that bro.

thanks for all the replies. im probably going to play now its just when i play whether its in a week or next semester. id rather it be next semester so i can get stronger faster and get in shape.

Thread Information