Thread: tramsam LT1

Jenseno9 is offline Member

tramsam LT1

My gf has a tramsam LT1 and her headlights pop up even when she doesn't turn them on???? some of you car guys please help me out with this question. it would mean a lot to me.

thanks bros and sorry for not posting in so long

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    when I got into an accident with my firebird it jolted something and they wouldn't go back down. but it sounds like it has something to do with a connection. You should check out a TA forum, they'd probably know more there than here.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Most likely faulty wireing. Sometimes those wires will get hot and the coating will melt causing problems such as that...

mass junkie is offline banned
    are those flip up lights on a relay?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Bro.. have they always done that?

If so, they are being used as the daytime running lights...

What year is it?
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 08-26-2004 at 10:36 PM.

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    Its a 96 or 97. Its really weird. They lights will just pop up even though the switwch is turned to off. when they pop up the lights do not come on. However when the lights are turned on they pop up and work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenseno9
    Its a 96 or 97. Its really weird. They lights will just pop up even though the switwch is turned to off. when they pop up the lights do not come on. However when the lights are turned on they pop up and work fine.
    Bingo.. change the actuator on the right side of the car...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    not a trans am site, but the guys on this board are cool and really helpful....
    http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/

on a side note, I was at at the street races tonight and saw a silverado put it into reverse and floor it into a turbocharged civic si. the truck drove halfway onto the hood........it was funny as $hit.......

on a side note, I was at at the street races tonight and saw a silverado put it into reverse and floor it into a turbocharged civic si. the truck drove halfway onto the hood........it was funny as $hit.......

Sorry for all the posts, the site was going crazy
    Last edited by JDawg1536; 08-27-2004 at 03:47 AM.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    www.projecttransam.com
    that should be all you need.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    It might be a blown gear in your headlight motor. Or the headlight motor itself.

Go to LS1tech.com for answers.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    Perhaps, but to be honest I doubt it.. (JMO)..

It's apparent that they both open, and close.... so the gears seem to be ok, unless they are making noticeable noice...

Good idea though.. who knows ...

i have a firebird and that gear was the problem, gm made very faulty gears made of plastic. my lights would make a loud cranking noise for about 10 seconds after they went down and basically anytime my fog lights went on it would flip my lights up, after replacing the gear it fixed both problems

i have a firebird and that gear was the problem, gm made very faulty gears made of plastic. my lights would make a loud cranking noise for about 10 seconds after they went down and basically anytime my fog lights went on it would flip my lights up, after replacing the gear it fixed both problems
    Ahh i see what you mean now.. I read that it was a very common problem (gears) but didn't think it would cause them to flip up like that...

Thanks for correcting me KK!

yea it seemed like it was 2 separate problems the lights flipping up and the gear grinding noise but once it was replaced both were fixed....im expecting my right headlight gear to go out pretty soon too, btw those gears are a pain in the ass to change, took me and my buddy about 3 hours.....

yea it seemed like it was 2 separate problems the lights flipping up and the gear grinding noise but once it was replaced both were fixed....im expecting my right headlight gear to go out pretty soon too, btw those gears are a pain in the ass to change, took me and my buddy about 3 hours.....
    Why? How are they put in? I've never had the front tore apart before....

just taking apart the headlight is a pain, half the screws are adjustment screws, and disconncting all the wiring, then once u get to the actually motor u have to pry it apart, clean it, sand it, put epoxy and let it dry for 30 mins, then put it all back together.....just takes time especially if u never changed one before

I've never done on before.. I try and stay as far away from plastic as possible.. it tends to break

Thread Information