Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 65
  1. #1
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731

    Anyone care for a bit of Tupac?

    Hey guys

    Right tupac is my fav artist, his music is very good, he is extremely talented and there is no one who can match him.

    Ive spent years reading his books, his poetry and listening to his music.

    I have two books devoted to the poetry he wrote when he was 18/19. Its is very good and shows a side of him that not alot of people know about.


    Here is a few of his poems, this one in particular i can relate to, i feel it represents what i have had to go through and where im going.

    "The Rose That Grew From Concrete

    Did you hear about the rose that grew from a
    crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to
    walk with out having feet
    Funny it seems, but keeping it's dreams, it
    learned to breathe fresh air
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared"


    Here is another one...

    "In the Event of my demise

    In the event of my Demise when my heart can beat no more
    I Hope I Die For A Principle or A Belief that I had Lived 4
    I will die Before My Time Because I feel the shadow's Depth
    so much I wanted 2 accomplish before I reached my Death
    I have come 2 grips with the possibility and wiped the last tear from My eyes
    I Loved All who were Positive In the event of my Demise."


    I have written poetry alot, probably over 100 poems and consider myself good at it, i just feel i can relate to the other side of 2pac that no one bothered to take the time to see. You know?
    Last edited by Elysium; 08-27-2004 at 09:43 AM.

  2. #2
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Hey guys

    Right tupac is my fav artist, his music is very good, he is extremely talented and there is no one who can match him.

    Ive spent years reading his books, his poetry and listening to his music.

    I have two books devoted to the poetry he wrote when he was 18/19. Its is very good and shows a side of him that not alot of people know about.


    Here is a few of his poems, this one in particular i can relate to, i feel it represents what i have had to go through and where im going.

    "The Rose That Grew From Concrete

    Did you hear about the rose that grew from a
    crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to
    walk with out having feet
    Funny it seems, but keeping it's dreams, it
    learned to breathe fresh air
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete
    when no one else ever cared"


    Here is another one...

    "In the Event of my demise

    In the event of my Demise when my heart can beat no more
    I Hope I Die For A Principle or A Belief that I had Lived 4
    I will die Before My Time Because I feel the shadow's Depth
    so much I wanted 2 accomplish before I reached my Death
    I have come 2 grips with the possibility and wiped the last tear from My eyes I Loved All who were Positive In the event of my Demise."


    I have written poetry alot, probably over 100 poems and consider myself good at it, i just feel i can relate to the other side of 2pac that no one bothered to take the time to see. You know?

    fukk no! could give two shiits for him.

  3. #3
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    fukk no! could give two shiits for him.

    Lol whys that then?

  4. #4
    biglouie250's Avatar
    biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,401
    tupac is a thug poet. spoke from the heart. you will never hear a rapper with as much raw emothion as pac. def my favorite.

  5. #5
    hung-solo's Avatar
    hung-solo is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    HEELS 2005!!
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Lol whys that then?

    just dont man.. he is talented and used his talent to better himself and some other people. i had a few of his cd's esp his old ones. just got old really quick..

  6. #6
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    His talent/real-ness is probably still unmatched by any current MC.

    That is saying a ton.

    ~SC~

  7. #7
    limppimp85204 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    128
    Did you know he wrote the song "temptations" while using the bathroom? He's my favorite artist as well.

  8. #8
    Z-Ro's Avatar
    Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,139
    out of all the rappers i've listened to, especially mainstream, none have come close to pac, thats all that needs to be said

  9. #9
    1badcamaro's Avatar
    1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    ridin dirty
    Posts
    2,720
    i hate rap but i will give it to the guy, he had some serious talent. That second poem is awesome

  10. #10
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    I prefer Bruce Hornsbys ORIGINAL version of 'changes' better, think its called 'the way it is' or something.

  11. #11
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    There is a book called "the rose that grew from the concrete" its a book of all his poetry, very good read. His realness and raw talent shows through. He is as swole says "unmatched"

  12. #12
    drdeath613's Avatar
    drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    newport richey fl
    Posts
    1,931
    lol kinda sounds like your talking about yourself there swolecat

  13. #13
    max-it's Avatar
    max-it is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    553
    its not just what he said but how he said it. you can me moved by tupac without understanding a word of what he is saying, thats what made him the best

  14. #14
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Tupac's Changes uses the same lyrics as his Wonder if heavens gotta ghetto song on Bruce Hornsby's beat. I dont want to be misquoted, but I think Changes came out after he died, just another remix, great lyrics however.

  15. #15
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    R.I.P

    Go get Tupac and Biggie on DVD, great movie . . explains the real truth and the conspiracies behind Tupacs and Biggies murder . . I hope the cop that gunned him down burns in hell for taking an Angel of God away . . . . .

  16. #16
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    I think Suge Knight had a bigger part in Tupacs murder then just him driving Tupac around that night from club to club . . . Suge heard word that Tupac was leaving Death Row records and moving on to a new label . . With him knowing that, lots of money would be lost, but with Tupac dead, Death Row Records would still have copyright to produce his music . . Seeing how Tupac was last signed to Death Row . . and like a gang, well with some, when you u leave, they kill you . . . . Suge Knight in interviews, insisted he got shot in the head that night, but medical reports prove that he only got hit with a fragment and/or piece of windshield . . Why try to lie about that?

    and also, a murder like that, wouldnt you think it would have been solved by now? . . Professionals had to have done it, people that know what there doing, cops . . Police worked for Death Row Records and were in Vegas at the time of the shooting, none of the police that were in Vegas or in LA (biggies murder) were ever questioned about the murders . . My believe is because they didnt want to reveal the corruption in the forces back then . . . . its kind of funny though, because almost all the police officers that were working in Compton and around L.A. area were put in jail for numerous crimes . . . . .

    I know this has nothing to do with the poetry of Tupac, but I find this very interesting, and this is the most accurate story of the murders I have heard . . Through a London man that does documentaries, he produced the Biggie and Tupac DVD . . . . .

    Most profound song in the history of music >>> Keep Ya Head Up . . .

    That is all

  17. #17
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Physical_Specimen
    I think Suge Knight had a bigger part in Tupacs murder then just him driving Tupac around that night from club to club . . . Suge heard word that Tupac was leaving Death Row records and moving on to a new label . . With him knowing that, lots of money would be lost, but with Tupac dead, Death Row Records would still have copyright to produce his music . . Seeing how Tupac was last signed to Death Row . . and like a gang, well with some, when you u leave, they kill you . . . . Suge Knight in interviews, insisted he got shot in the head that night, but medical reports prove that he only got hit with a fragment and/or piece of windshield . . Why try to lie about that?

    and also, a murder like that, wouldnt you think it would have been solved by now? . . Professionals had to have done it, people that know what there doing, cops . . Police worked for Death Row Records and were in Vegas at the time of the shooting, none of the police that were in Vegas or in LA (biggies murder) were ever questioned about the murders . . My believe is because they didnt want to reveal the corruption in the forces back then . . . . its kind of funny though, because almost all the police officers that were working in Compton and around L.A. area were put in jail for numerous crimes . . . . .

    I know this has nothing to do with the poetry of Tupac, but I find this very interesting, and this is the most accurate story of the murders I have heard . . Through a London man that does documentaries, he produced the Biggie and Tupac DVD . . . . .

    Most profound song in the history of music >>> Keep Ya Head Up . . .

    That is all

    yea man i know, suge was set to lose a TON of cash coz of pac leaving. suge has always said he didnt murder pac. biggie didnt do it, its not in his nature, but i dont know about anyone from his camp.

    I dont know if u know alot about the outlawz, his group but Kadafi was such a good rapper.

  18. #18
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Thats tupac and kadafi


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone care for a bit of Tupac?-tupac-kadafi.jpg  

  19. #19
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613
    lol kinda sounds like your talking about yourself there swolecat
    I fail to see how.

    But, whatever you say.

    ~SC~

  20. #20
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    yea Kadafi was murdered too . . have you seen Biggie and Tupac? . . apparently, from witnesses and the sg. of Compton (straight cop, not crooked) they say that between MOB Pyrus and crips . . there was about 20 murders in Compton after the death of Tupac and more after Biggies . . it was a warzone . . . Biggie, I dont think would have done it . . or ne associates of his . . . Biggies mom said in her own words "Biggie was sad and devastated after the killing of Tupac" . . I believe it . . . .

  21. #21
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Physical_Specimen
    yea Kadafi was murdered too . . have you seen Biggie and Tupac? . . apparently, from witnesses and the sg. of Compton (straight cop, not crooked) they say that between MOB Pyrus and crips . . there was about 20 murders in Compton after the death of Tupac and more after Biggies . . it was a warzone . . . Biggie, I dont think would have done it . . or ne associates of his . . . Biggies mom said in her own words "Biggie was sad and devastated after the killing of Tupac" . . I believe it . . . .

    nah havent seen the movie, might get it on dvd for rental or something. i talked about this subject so much. i dont think we will ever know to be honest.

    the mystery around his death only makes him sell more, thing is though most people see the in your face, rude, loud and abusive tupac, not the flipside.

  22. #22
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    Suge fuked up the industry, neone in his path would be erased . . or in better words "Backstabbed" . . . he was a sheisty business man, and took profits from his business partners and kept it for himself . . Neone that disagreed would be dealt with . . Just like what happened with Tupac . . . . .

    Suge is straight BOSS though . . He is one to always watch, innicent soft talking big teddy bear looking guy . . but yet, he is as deadly as a snake, and has had many killed in his time . . . . . .

  23. #23
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    well sure, only the people that actually did it knows what really happened . . . I think it was a hit that is kept in a very close circle, so it dont leak out to the wrong people . . . . But yea, im just putting what I have researched into my perspective of what happened . . . and its accurate to the interviews that have been conducted and the videos I have seen of the people that were around when the beef happened . . . . . .

  24. #24
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Physical_Specimen
    well sure, only the people that actually did it knows what really happened . . . I think it was a hit that is kept in a very close circle, so it dont leak out to the wrong people . . . . But yea, im just putting what I have researched into my perspective of what happened . . . and its accurate to the interviews that have been conducted and the videos I have seen of the people that were around when the beef happened . . . . . .

    yea i used to post at a tupac board and we came over this question so many times, linking his death to certain songs etc etc the list goes on as does the people accused of his death. just leave him in peace i say.

    he was the best, and no one ever will match him. i actually heard someone saying that 50 cent was the new pac, lmao what an idiot.

  25. #25
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Yea me and pac were bruthers, here he is holding a sign with my name on it. He was so crazy


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone care for a bit of Tupac?-tupac-n-messy.jpg  

  26. #26
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    the mystery around his death only makes him sell more, thing is though most people see the in your face, rude, loud and abusive tupac, not the flipside.

    ^^^Tupac had love for everyone and everything . . He wanted a better world for all his people that went through similar things that he did . . . One thing he didnt understand is how people can be starving and not having a place to live . . and then down the corner theres a couple Benzes in the driveway, lobster in the freezer, and a roof over there heads . . . . Heres a lyric from Tupac that I just love from Keep Ya Head up I believe "You know its funny, when it rains it pours, THEY GOT MONEY 4 WARS BUT CANT FEED THE POUR" . . . <<<<< Like I mean, what are rappers talking about today? (Guns, bling bling, spinners etc) . . . Listen to Keep Ya Head Up and actually understand what he is saying, and the depth that is in this song . . compare it with ne1 else of this time or his time and there is no comparison . . . I could go on and on bout this guy . . . . The side of loud and abusive Tupac emerged and went above surface when joining Death Row . . Thats when the hardcore Thug Life came out, cuz then, he was directly tied with gang members and associates . . . .

  27. #27
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    Fuk now I cant stop listenning to the MP3's I have of him on my computer

  28. #28
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Physical_Specimen
    Fuk now I cant stop listenning to the MP3's I have of him on my computer

    Haha yea i had a few of his tracks from his all eyez on me album on earlier, whilst reading a tupac book lol

  29. #29
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    If you dont get a lil emotional when Tupac's Changes video comes on the T.V. . . You aint a real fan*Period*

  30. #30
    Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    122
    my work is done, you can have your thread back . . Great topic, keep ya head up, latez

  31. #31
    MIKE_XXL's Avatar
    MIKE_XXL is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Not too mention that Suge owned 2pac a lot of money which he was unalble to pay if i recall coerectly it was in a neighborhood of $12,000,000...he was a great talent that is surly missed...RIP 2pac and Biggy Smalls...XXL
    SOURCE CHECKS ONLY FOR USERS WITH OVER 100 POSTS.



    All of the Statements made by Mr. Mike_XXL are purely fictional and have absolutely no merit and are not meant to cure, prevent or diagnose any disease, please consult your Physician before starting any exercise and supplement regiment.


    Canadian proud, Northern muscle baby!

  32. #32
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    I would sell my soul to satan to get to be the man that shot that crack head.

  33. #33
    Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    His talent/real-ness is probably still unmatched by any current MC.

    That is saying a ton.

    ~SC~

    I'm sorry swole, but his "real-ness" is unmatched? No, he was always a caring kid, but once he got that record deal everything blew up into fakeness. He is to blame for the gang violence of the 90s and he is to blame for confusing the true identity of people.

  34. #34
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    I would sell my soul to satan to get to be the man that shot that crack head.

    Err you being serious?

  35. #35
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Err you being serious?
    Yes...and the fat one too Big Pudgey Small..whatever his name was.

  36. #36
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    what do you have against them?

  37. #37
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    Nothing now!

  38. #38
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    why do ppl glorify criminals bc they have a hidden talent, no matter how great changes is, hes still a POS.

  39. #39
    Elysium's Avatar
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,731
    criminals? who?

  40. #40
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    dude are all europeans as dumb as you.... all the ones i met are..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •