Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lil_herc81 is offline Member

Finally got sick, anyone else

Man, I have a horrible sinus infection, had 2 days off of my training so far, I cant take a third day. I wonder if I sit in the sauna if it will clear this crap up. Anyone else having problems with illness right now?

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    Just got over a cold, lasted 4 weeks longest cold ive ever had.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    netti pot with a mild xylotol solution

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Yeh true what alluprbdy said. My colds usually last 2-3 days max this one I'm dealing with now I caught 2 weeks ago.
    I also got my brothers gf sick and my other brothers ex wife sick. I'm contagious as fvck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Yeh true what alluprbdy said. My colds usually last 2-3 days max this one I'm dealing with now I caught 2 weeks ago.
    I also got my brothers gf sick and my other brothers ex wife sick. I'm contagious as fvck.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netti_pot

or you can skip the netti post and just go with the squeeze bottle. I prefer the netti pot since the warm water is VERY soothing to enflamed sinus passages...

xylitol is a natural sugar with zero calories. Generally, bacteria recognize it as sugar and consume it. Unfortunately, they are unable to metabolize it!!! Therefore, any bacteria consuming Xylitol will perish. If you add a small amount to some warm water in your netti pot and repeat several times a day, for most people, they will find considerable relief.

I was just about to ask why are you posting diabetic supplements in a cold thread but now I see.
    You got me about halfway through the wiki article on it too now I don't have to read anymore thanks.

^ is this an over the counter that will make me feel great? I just grabbed some mucinex too

Someone told me this is real good for a cold too. You won't feel a thing.

Dont laugh but can I use a tea pot instead of buying a netti pot

this may seem very strange to westerners, but to people in india, this is all they use, and not chemicals. My woman is very conservative and wouldn't try it for along time. But after seeing me, she now has her own netti pot. Of course she closes and locks the bathroom door when she uses it, she thinks it's discusting. Oh well, at least I got her to try it, and now it is a part of her arsenal when troubled by sinus problems. The plastic netti pot can be purchased almost anywhere. At Walmart, I picked up mine for about $14, and in fact, made sure I brought it with me here to Kabul.

special K...... no you wont feel a thing! lol...Geeese

Quote Originally Posted by lil_herc81 View Post
    ^ is this an over the counter that will make me feel great? I just grabbed some mucinex too
    In fact, it sits open right next to the sugar at the grocery store in most places... you can put it in your tea just like sugar. Also used in chewing gum.

Honestly I usually load up on airborne, vitamin c (like 5000mg a day) tyrosine and vitamin b-6 for a little perk me up.
    This is the first time I didn't run right out and get airborne and due to how fast its worked in the past I really think
    its good stuff. Oh and a hot cup of tea with honey and a few drops of ketaset lol.

Now, I am guessing I should FLUSH my nostrils not actually breath it in since that would cause drowning in my netti pot right? Then, do I flush several times at once or just once and through the day?

Try the netti pot as I suggested and you can thank me later. It should not be your only tool, but a part of your tool box.

I have been on airborne vit C for 3 days and nothing.... usually its pretty good. Im going to try the Eastern approach after work.

I'm still a bit confused though about its main purpose. Is it for killing bacteria or does it actually keep snot out of your nose? I have literally gone through 2 full
    rolls of toilet paper already today blowing my nose its disgusting. I'll go buy that stuff right now if it gives me even 45mins with a clear nose. I don't like those
    stimulants sprays or w/e they are because they burn like fvck and then dry the inside of your nose out tills its raw. And rather than snot coming back the whole
    inside of my nose swells up and closes but stays dry. So yeh theres no snot but I still can't breath.

Now, I am guessing I should FLUSH my nostrils not actually breath it in since that would cause drowning in my netti pot right? Then, do I flush several times at once or just once and through the day?
    as you can see, the netti pot is small, and may hold 7 or 8 ounces. I prefer to run half a load through the left nostril, then the remainder through the right. It is up to you. Or you can do a full load through each nostril. It would be more important than the volume of a single application, but better to do repeatedly through out the day. Since you are only rinsing, you are free to do as often as you like. Of course, if symptoms are severe, then maybe 5 times a day or so. NO magic numbers here. Sometimes for me, the trick is to get the sinus passages open enough to get the water flowing. This can be tricky. One technique is to squeeze my nostrils closed and blow thereby prying them open temporarily, sometimes long enough to get a partial load through. I may repeat this again and again until my load is empty. You can come up with your own technique when suffering total blockage. Sometimes you can cheat with a little decongestant if that works for you, then rinse. Some people even netti just as a part of daily hygeine. i do this from time to time, but not often.

Several years ago, Operah brought the netti into the national spot light on one of her shows. The shelves were empty for months as everyone ran out to buy one.

hahaha me 2, and my nose is RAW! ive been using A&D ointment to make it feel better. Im thinking it kills the bacterias that are infecting us therefore we will feel and get better.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Hells yes on the netti pot. I'll take my netti pot over chemicals that make me feel groggy and crappy any day.

cold water or warm water?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    I'm still a bit confused though about its main purpose. Is it for killing bacteria or does it actually keep snot out of your nose? I have literally gone through 2 full
    rolls of toilet paper already today blowing my nose its disgusting. I'll go buy that stuff right now if it gives me even 45mins with a clear nose. I don't like those
    stimulants sprays or w/e they are because they burn like fvck and then dry the inside of your nose out tills its raw. And rather than snot coming back the whole
    inside of my nose swells up and closes but stays dry. So yeh theres no snot but I still can't breath.
    Off you go then...
    and remember this method is two fold
    the netti with warm water for hygeine and relief
    the xylitol to kill bacteria
    the solution should only be mildly sweet, and the temperature should only be blood warm.

See you when you come back from the store
    call first to make sure they have it, but I remember seeing it at the Walmart pharmacy here recently...

cold water or warm water?
    blood warm, just like milk when feeding a baby

and it wont be sticky?

the solution should only be mildy sweet. If you follow my advice, it would not be sticky.

I am trying to remember the size of my scooper, but I'm guessing maybe a level teaspoon or so. Since it is only a type of sugar, if you mistake, you are free to rinse out excess with more warm water. This is really not rocket science.

Sweet!, thanks for the help! If I feel better I ll have DSM send you a kiss! lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I don't get sick.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Get well soon Herc.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    i have had Epstein bar i guess for a long ass time prob at least since august. Just getting over it finally got blood work done, took my hair falling out to figure out something was wrong with me ha.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I just had a fever and the chills. I was shaking like a mo fo unable to stay warm under blankets and wearing layers of clothes. It was really strange because it only lasted like 2-3 hours and now I feel fine.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Man, I have a horrible sinus infection, had 2 days off of my training so far, I cant take a third day. I wonder if I sit in the sauna if it will clear this crap up. Anyone else having problems with illness right now?
    If its a true sinus infection, then the best thing to do is go to the doc and get on a five day regemin of anti-biotics to knock it out. This works for me. Keflex is good stuff.

Great news, finally after 3 grueling days Im begging to feel better, I took the mucinex, and douched my nose a few times, took some sinus meds too. Not all the way back but 65-70% and thats enough to hit the gym tonight.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!

ecsaaron is offline Associate Member
    I douche with the netti pot after i get out of the shower every day.Never tried the sugar thing but I will give it a try.Its amazing what comes out of your nose every day.Wife and son got the cold for 3 weeks.I got the sore throat and started netti pot 3 times a day and never did get the full blown cold like them.Im convinced

I have to admit... Its a really odd feeling the first time, and the second too.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    It bears mentioning that if you have a dog Xylitol
    is a very toxic poison to them. So be aware even a little can kill them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information