Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J-Bud is offline Associate Member

How many of you have Mustangs...

Post up the pics and give a few details.

http://www.inductionconcepts.com/ima...eatshield4.jpg

Here is mine almost finished...

http://www.inductionconcepts.com/images/Nummy3.jpg

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Do you post on STLSR any? That setup looks familiar....

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Nope, not a Stang.. but I do have a 91 SC.. soon to have a blown stroker...

And I'm working on a 64 Comet as well.. 514 stroker...

Nice to see that you enjoy the finer things in life though.. and by that I mean.. Fords.

J-Bud is offline Associate Member
    No never heard of STLSR, if its St. Louis based though I am only about 2.5 hours away so I might need to check it out. Yeah I'm a Ford guy through and through. My daily is a 03 F350 CC V10.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Bud
    No never heard of STLSR, if its St. Louis based though I am only about 2.5 hours away so I might need to check it out. Yeah I'm a Ford guy through and through. My daily is a 03 F350 CC V10.

STLSR (St.Louis street racing) Its an ok board, its mainly filled with import tuners, but there are some very fast domestic guys on there as well, check it out man, you might find a few people willing to run ya when the car is done.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Is this thread here cause of my teasings? Definately nice ride there bro. but tell those union slackers of stl to go off strike

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Is this thread here cause of my teasings? Definately nice ride there bro. but tell those union slackers of stl to go off strike
    What union is on strike up here? I dont bother following that stuff because i dont get anything from them and am not apart of it....

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    What union is on strike up here? I dont bother following that stuff because i dont get anything from them and am not apart of it....
    Oh, i had to swing through st. louis a couple wks ago and all the mechanics were on strike and on the side of the roads, etc. I dont know anything about it either....

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Cool, nice mustang. I usually dont like graphics and wings and riced lookin domestics .. but

THAT IS NICE.

I stand corrected.

I have a convertible vette with some mods and ****ty camera phone pics..... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Oh, i had to swing through st. louis a couple wks ago and all the mechanics were on strike and on the side of the roads, etc. I dont know anything about it either....

Drive by and yell out the window to get thier over paid lazy union asses back to work Thats what i do, i hated the union i got screwed over twice bigtime while in the meatcutters union...

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    98 Cobra

borla exhaust
    5.0 shifter
    80mm mass air intake
    underdrive pulleys
    getting NOS within the next month
    The origional owner did some engine work, but I cant get a hold of him

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    :d
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many of you have Mustangs...-newar.gif  

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Bud
    Post up the pics and give a few details.

http://www.inductionconcepts.com/ima...eatshield4.jpg

Here is mine almost finished...

http://www.inductionconcepts.com/images/Nummy3.jpg

I dunno if you realised man but there is a big scratch running the length of the car, on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    I dunno if you realised man but there is a big scratch running the length of the car, on the side.
    Don't joke about thatl..

Nice stang though, seriously... I like the old skool ones too, alot. Not really a fan of the whole ricer look u know

Now this is a car, a Aston Matin V8 DBS

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Stangs were cool until that Mustang II thing-and the 19080's..then the 90's "Celica" inspired mustangs....

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Stangs were cool until that Mustang II thing-and the 19080's..then the 90's "Celica" inspired mustangs....
    Ahh the fabled Mustang II's... horrible exterior design, however, they left a legacy... the Mustang II front-end... classic.. just put one in the Comet myself...
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 08-24-2004 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Spelling Error

builtthekid is offline Banned
    hey trans am owns the stang.

Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    You must be joking... ever heard of a Cobra?
    You make LOL

stan66 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by stan66; 07-28-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stan66
    1) 93 GT 351W, 5 spd.....money pit.
    Soon to be turbo powered via a PTK kit with a T-76

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/504561/1

2) 94 GT 302, NOS, 5 spd (sold earlier this week )

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/637333/1

Stan
    Very nice Stan ... have you had the flow numbers on the heads done?
    Did you do the work on the Edel. heads yourself?
    What CR are you running?

I don't have the numbers offhand but they are HOGGED out. As well as the lower intake which is matched to the port on the heads. I didn't do the work, the porting was done by Powered By Ford in Florida.
    Compression is still "stock" at @ 9:1......
    Btw, thanks for the compliments. It seems every time I shoot in here, there is a chance to show off the car(s).

Stan

I don't have the numbers offhand but they are HOGGED out. As well as the lower intake which is matched to the port on the heads. I didn't do the work, the porting was done by Powered By Ford in Florida.
    Compression is still "stock" at @ 9:1......
    Btw, thanks for the compliments. It seems every time I shoot in here, there is a chance to show off the car(s).

Stan
    LMAO... there are a few of us who are a lil more interested in the mills, instead of stickers ....

I think I will get a set of the X heads from FRPP, or maybe a set of AFRs.. not sure... we'll see...

If those are your two choices I would go with AFR just b/c they are already CNC'd and they will also give you more room to grow. The GT40-X heads are good heads, don't get me wrong but they are a bit dated now and you can get more out of a nice set of AFR's or TrickFlow's right out of the box.

You said you were building a stroker correct?? 331?? 347?? Either way, if it is a stroker I would go with AFR's as my first choice out of those two, probably a set of their 185's. Twisted Wedge heads would work well too.
    Then you have the big dog Vic Jr's or TrickFlow Hi-Ports.....
    The beautiful thing abou the Windsors is there are so many good choices out there.....
    Making the decision of what to get is the hardest part, b/c there is always a newer one of whatever it is coming out after you make your choice, therefore making you second guess yourself.....
    But any of the aluminum heads out there can be made to flow big numbers.

Stan

If those are your two choices I would go with AFR just b/c they are already CNC'd and they will also give you more room to grow. The GT40-X heads are good heads, don't get me wrong but they are a bit dated now and you can get more out of a nice set of AFR's or TrickFlow's right out of the box.

You said you were building a stroker correct?? 331?? 347?? Either way, if it is a stroker I would go with AFR's as my first choice out of those two, probably a set of their 185's. Twisted Wedge heads would work well too.
    Then you have the big dog Vic Jr's or TrickFlow Hi-Ports.....
    The beautiful thing abou the Windsors is there are so many good choices out there.....
    Making the decision of what to get is the hardest part, b/c there is always a newer one of whatever it is coming out after you make your choice, therefore making you second guess yourself.....
    But any of the aluminum heads out there can be made to flow big numbers.

Stan
    Yes, exactly....

ALWAYS something new, and it drives me nuts....

Like when I first put Vortec heads on an old-style GM block... this was b4 the magazines started hyping them.... then 2 years later they came out with the aluminum vortecs... pissed me off haha...

I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do to be honest...

It will likely be a 331, or 347, but, I don't know if I want to run a turbo or a blower (centrifugal)...

The car is an 'SC', so a blower would make the most 'sense' , but, a turbo really would be the best choice.. better MPG, and depending on the setup, more power...

What do you think bro?

I have talked about this with LORDBLiTZ, and he is all about the twin-turbo set-up, but I'm still undecided...

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC

The car is an 'SC', so a blower would make the most 'sense' , but, a turbo really would be the best choice.. better MPG, and depending on the setup, more power...

And I always thought your name meant Blown SwoleCat....... but anways lol

If it were me I would go for the turbo setup...... S/C doesn't even compare to the HP/Torque a properly sized turbo can make. If you get it sized correctly you will have no lag. Plus launching with almost full boost is always fun

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Yes, exactly....

ALWAYS something new, and it drives me nuts....

Like when I first put Vortec heads on an old-style GM block... this was b4 the magazines started hyping them.... then 2 years later they came out with the aluminum vortecs... pissed me off haha...

I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do to be honest...

It will likely be a 331, or 347, but, I don't know if I want to run a turbo or a blower (centrifugal)...

What do you think bro?

I have talked about this with LORDBLiTZ, and he is all about the twin-turbo set-up, but I'm still undecided...
    I would personally go with a 331 if you are doing a 302 swap.

Yeah, many say that the 347 is still a good street motor and it doesn't have oil consumption problems, but just the fact that this issue needed to be addressed concerned me. I went with a 331 R block based motor on one of my previous cars. I was going to use a Novi 2000 as well.
    Ended up parting it out b/c I moved and didn't have anywhere to finish it.

I then moved onto a 306 with a TTI Street kit on it, and let me tell you that I will not be going to back to a centrifugal blower. Once you are in a turbo'd
    V-8 you will know exactly why. That car was an easy high 10- low 11 second car that drove like a stocker until you mashed the gas, and then you had FULL boost by 3000RPM. It made 443/520 to the rear wheels with a E cam in it, it was a daily driver and passed emissions in NJ.
    You just can't beat a well executed turbo car(in terms of stangs at least).

My personal choice(not trying to make any decisions for ya though ) would be a stout 331 with forged internals, low comp dished pistons yielding about a 8.5:1 comp ratio. Then go with a SINGLE turbo setup with something along the lines of a 60 series turbo, aka 60-1 hifi, or a T-64, 66, 67.

A nice single setup will be much easier to work on and much easier to fab up(considering I don't know the dimensions you have to work with under the hood of a SC). It will make awesome power from idle to red line, without revving the **** out of the motor. You also have NOTHING to worry about with "lag" on a V-8 motor unless you are playing with the big boys using 90 and 100 series turbo's and even then it is all dependent on how much motor you have.

That combo above should be an EASY 500-600 RWHP motor which will
    usually own most anything you come by on the street
    (if it hooks!! ).....

Stan

I would personally go with a 331 if you are doing a 302 swap.

Yeah, many say that the 347 is still a good street motor and it doesn't have oil consumption problems, but just the fact that this issue needed to be addressed concerned me. I went with a 331 R block based motor on one of my previous cars. I was going to use a Novi 2000 as well.
    Ended up parting it out b/c I moved and didn't have anywhere to finish it.

I then moved onto a 306 with a TTI Street kit on it, and let me tell you that I will not be going to back to a centrifugal blower. Once you are in a turbo'd
    V-8 you will know exactly why. That car was an easy high 10- low 11 second car that drove like a stocker until you mashed the gas, and then you had FULL boost by 3000RPM. It made 443/520 to the rear wheels with a E cam in it, it was a daily driver and passed emissions in NJ.
    You just can't beat a well executed turbo car(in terms of stangs at least).

My personal choice(not trying to make any decisions for ya though ) would be a stout 331 with forged internals, low comp dished pistons yielding about a 8.5:1 comp ratio. Then go with a SINGLE turbo setup with something along the lines of a 60 series turbo, aka 60-1 hifi, or a T-64, 66, 67.

A nice single setup will be much easier to work on and much easier to fab up(considering I don't know the dimensions you have to work with under the hood of a SC). It will make awesome power from idle to red line, without revving the **** out of the motor. You also have NOTHING to worry about with "lag" on a V-8 motor unless you are playing with the big boys using 90 and 100 series turbo's and even then it is all dependent on how much motor you have.

That combo above should be an EASY 500-600 RWHP motor which will
    usually own most anything you come by on the street
    (if it hooks!! ).....

Stan
    I see your points... very true indeed...

The main reason I wanted to keep a blower setup, is because it came with one from the factory... and it would stay a SuperCoupe, not a TurboCoupe.. maybe I'll fab up some cool TC emblems hahah....

The turbo set-up would be awesome.. it's just one area where I have lil experience, except with transports, and Forced Ind. I've had has been a blower setup...

A built 331ci with a single T67 would be solid as hell I know.... it wouldn't be hard to cram in the SC either, it is essentially the same bay that holds the 5.0 in the NA tbirds...(I would just need to drop on a 'glass Cevini's R/A hood)...

Thanks alot for your input bro!

LMO---------I know what you are saying, but the low-end torque from a roots blower is just plain SICK hahah...

No problemo. A blower setup probably would be much easier to work with.
    I think either way you go you will end up with too much power to be useful on the street anyway, and isn't that what it is all about!!

A nice blown setup will still get you there, but you will have to worry about parasitic loss through the crank and revving it a bit higher to get the same power numbers. If you plan on using a stock block... that drag on the crank, and that revving to 6500 could be just enough to be the breaking poiint of a stock block. I would de-tune it to about 450 with a GOOD SAFE tune, and you will still have a **** eating grin on your face when in the car and won't have to worry(too much) about blowing the **** thing up every time out.......

I am sure you will anyway, but let us know how the project comes along.
    It has been one of my goals to eventually have a 90's SC with a 302 and a blower, ever since I saw a badass bright red one with a nice whine under a cowl hood back in my college town.

Stan

No problemo. A blower setup probably would be much easier to work with.
    I think either way you go you will end up with too much power to be useful on the street anyway, and isn't that what it is all about!!

A nice blown setup will still get you there, but you will have to worry about parasitic loss through the crank and revving it a bit higher to get the same power numbers. If you plan on using a stock block... that drag on the crank, and that revving to 6500 could be just enough to be the breaking poiint of a stock block. I would de-tune it to about 450 with a GOOD SAFE tune, and you will still have a **** eating grin on your face when in the car and won't have to worry(too much) about blowing the **** thing up every time out.......

I am sure you will anyway, but let us know how the project comes along.
    It has been one of my goals to eventually have a 90's SC with a 302 and a blower, ever since I saw a badass bright red one with a nice whine under a cowl hood back in my college town.

Stan
    Really? Then you see what I mean. I love SCs... I have a 90 Red one... would u go with the blower in that car if it was yours? Or stick to the turbo?

I'm confuzzled hahaha.....

I think with the SuperCoupe's , it will take quite a bit of fabrication to get the turbo kits to work. I am not positive on that, but any change in the placement of the motor or its accessories can throw the kit out of whack and it will need to be modified to fit the car. Whereas with the blower, the only thing you really have to worry about is the bracketry, b/c there is no cold/hot piping going every which way in the engine bay.

I personally would look into the turbo's and see if there is a company that would be willing to do something like that. If not, I would happily go with a blower as like I said there is definitely power to be made.
    Even a 331 with an Vortech S-trim will put out 500rwhp fairly easily......so you really can't go wrong either way.

I am not a fabricator, and would personally go with a centri SC if noone could rig up a turbo kit for the car.....

Now you know what to go look for, see if any of the turbo kit companies or local fabricators can build you something. Hell, plenty of guys have fabbed up TT kits with smaller GN turbos for under 2000 bucks, it just sucks that I don't have the knowledge or know-how to pull it off.

A blown 331 in a 90 SC would pretty much surprise most cars anyway, the turbo would just make it different and I like to be as unique as possible.

See this is why I don't ask for opinions, b/c I have enough bad ideas already floating around in my head. See how much more flip-flopping I have caused you just in this thread.

Stan

I think with the SuperCoupe's , it will take quite a bit of fabrication to get the turbo kits to work. I am not positive on that, but any change in the placement of the motor or its accessories can throw the kit out of whack and it will need to be modified to fit the car. Whereas with the blower, the only thing you really have to worry about is the bracketry, b/c there is no cold/hot piping going every which way in the engine bay.

I personally would look into the turbo's and see if there is a company that would be willing to do something like that. If not, I would happily go with a blower as like I said there is definitely power to be made.
    Even a 331 with an Vortech S-trim will put out 500rwhp fairly easily......so you really can't go wrong either way.

I am not a fabricator, and would personally go with a centri SC if noone could rig up a turbo kit for the car.....

Now you know what to go look for, see if any of the turbo kit companies or local fabricators can build you something. Hell, plenty of guys have fabbed up TT kits with smaller GN turbos for under 2000 bucks, it just sucks that I don't have the knowledge or know-how to pull it off.

A blown 331 in a 90 SC would pretty much surprise most cars anyway, the turbo would just make it different and I like to be as unique as possible.

See this is why I don't ask for opinions, b/c I have enough bad ideas already floating around in my head. See how much more flip-flopping I have caused you just in this thread.

Stan
    In case some people are wondering.. all SC's came with blown V6s... so that's what the fuss is about...

My buddy has a 351 with a turbo in a 90 SC... sick car... but he lives in the states... and has alot of $$$$ in it...

I have some thinking to do.. either way.. it'll be a forced 331!

Thanks again.

agreed

i love that car domain site, people will post a stock mustang then add window tint to it and say it does a 9 sec quarter mile with 450 hp.....

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Just raced one last night on the freeway, the only thing he owned was a great view of my tailpipes.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    :d
    ahhh yes, finally a person who understand what power is SUPPOSED To be like.

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    ahhh yes, finally a person who understand what power is SUPPOSED To be like.
    Man, who would have thunk that this many bodybuilders sport mullets and listen to 80's music????

Here is the best rendering of a camaro I have seen lately.....it is a new prototype.....although it does look like any of them from years past.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many of you have Mustangs...-camarospyshot.jpg  

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    all i have to say is that the camaro out performed the mustang from 1993 to 2002 and when it comes out again, you better be certain that it will again. And where is fords answer to the z06 again?

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    all i have to say is that the camaro out performed the mustang from 1993 to 2002 and when it comes out again, you better be certain that it will again. And where is fords answer to the z06 again?
    Cobra! For like 20g less cash.. sure it's lighter and faster.. for 20g more!

For the same $$ into a Cobra, your Z06 can proceed to bend over, and commence anal probing....

I know this for fact btw, this isn't some rice-theory most my age posess in case you're wondering lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information