AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member

Red face What to expect from first tattoo?

hey bros im getting my first tattoo on wednesday and was wondering what it feels like i will be getting a tat to cover up the stretch marks on my arm. from a party i went to yesterday they said it felt like a bee sting and the outlines hurt more. just curious what you guys compare the pain to just curious on how the severity is and since its on my inner bicep what should i expect thanks bros

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    The outlines do hurt the worst, by the time they get to filling in it's just a numb burning feeling.

This should be in the Lounge btw

can anyonw take it to the lounge for me?

yea the outside stings and burns, its an irritating feeling, if its close to nerves youll feel more pain. i enjoy the filling in part. it feels great.

Physical_Specimen is offline Junior Member
    I got one tattie covering my left chest, got it this summer. . Now I know you arent getting one on your chest but just filling you in on my experience . . It hurt, I was clenching on the seat almost through the whole 2 and a half hour session . . . There were times my whole lower body twitched . . . Once the needle is off, there is no pain, it is only while its being done . . . and to answer your question on "Pain" . . Comparing it to a bee sting is a bunch of bs, the only comparison to a bee is the sound the needle makes as its burning into your flesh . . it is an uncanny pain to nething else . . The most sensitive spots for me was a a cm away from the nipple, on the collar bone, and half an inch from my arm pit (deadly areas)

But after all of it, I love it, and my tattie looks great. Great experience

P.S. I found that if you look directly at the tattie while its being done, it doesnt hurt as much, mind over matter . . You will do fine, you'll get used to it . . . .

Pain is Temporary, Pride is 4ever

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    got mine on upper chest/shoulders. It wasn't bad at all, just uncomfortable. It's wierd though, the right hurt worse than the left one. Same exact thing on both sides, but one side hurt a lot more. The artist said he was the same way...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Extreme pain..almost to the point of passing out

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    The pain form a Tattoo is more annoying than painfull IMO. There are certain spots that hurt worse and some people have different spots. The rib cage is probably the most painfull!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    The pain form a Tattoo is more annoying than painfull IMO. There are certain spots that hurt worse and some people have different spots. The rib cage is probably the most painfull!
    I agree, more annoying than painful. Also, if he gets close to your underarm while doing the inner part of your bicep, that isn't going to feel to good. That is the most painful area for me.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    It feels like someone drawing on you with a razor blade…
    The less meat the more pain…
    When it is just skin and bone it is an uncanny feeling…

I personally would not ever recommend a tattoo for anyone, but good luck with yours
    In addition, just a side note, by putting ink particles in the layers of skin you increase your chances for skin cancer…

I dont understand how people could pass off getting a tattie done as more annoying then painful . . sure tuff guy

Quote Originally Posted by Physical_Specimen
    I dont understand how people could pass off getting a tattie done as more annoying then painful . . sure tuff guy
    I have 5 tattoo's and one of them covers my whole upper back, and I have never been in enough pain that I had to stop or even consider it.

The chest is a painfull spot, but I don't have one there so maybe when I get one there I will say different.

I just don't find it that painfull, I guess I'm a tuff guy

Jef-El is offline Associate Member
    I got one on my right delt when I was 17.

I agree that it is more annoying than painfull, but then again it was on my delt, not very sensitive area.

When I was getting it done, i was eating a hotdog, i dont know if that kept my mind off of it or not, but it was a good hotdog...lol

dgthekid is offline Junior Member
    the inner bicep definitley hurts like biatch tho. specially if its filled with shading an colors

well my experience was painful, but I wasnt in a position to stop either, its not like getting a tattie done isnt tolerable . . . but try having ink poked into you a cm away from your nipple, feels like he's digging the needle directly into your nipple . . you having 5 tattoos done should know this, that there is much more painful areas then the upper back . . . . .

double post

When I was getting it done, i was eating a hotdog, i dont know if that kept my mind off of it or not, but it was a good hotdog...lol

^lol . . . . I was drinking beers . . . I downed 3 in no time, I didnt even notice how fast I drank them . . . . ..

my advice, DON'T DO IT!!!!, you will regret it years later... trust me i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Physical_Specimen
    you having 5 tattoos done should know this, that there is much more painful areas then the upper back . . . . .
    I have stated that twice, Everyone has different spots that are more painfull. I know people who got chest tattoos that didn't flinch and I know people who got chest tattoos that looked like they were gonna pass out. Its different for everyone.

agreed

i dont like tattoo either but shes going to use and ink that matches my skin color and its ove my stretch marks on my arm the area between my forearm and bicep its just a lil bit and she showed me the poker shes going to use its wireless i dont think it will hurt but im a bleeder and have sensative skin should i down sum beers before i go??

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, what u should expect from ur first tattoo is...Getting a 2nd one...

OG

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOAK14
    i dont think it will hurt but im a bleeder and have sensative skin should i down sum beers before i go??

No if you bleed alot now alcohol will thin the blood even more and you will bleed worse, plus most tattoo artist don't like you to drink before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin

OG
    Amen!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    expect to get a second!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin

OG
    and a 3rd, 4th............................................... ...

For me it depends on what part of the body it's put on....... My delts didn't hurt at all.... it felt more like a mild burning. My back hurt like a mo fo especially the upper part............. But like someone stated the little bit of pain is worth the pride of the work the artist did.

Just don't go in nervous and tenced up and you will see it's not so bad..... at least that's what I thought when I got my first one.

cool bros thanks for the info what do you recommend i do to get me relaxed before i go in??? also the ink is matched to my skin color so my stretch mark dont appear that red im thinking it will make the stretch marks less noticeable but the q is i thought drinking would calm peeps down so what do i do to relax i cant say im not nervous but i guess poking in my tricep, delt, and before my first glute shot would be more painful am i wrong?

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    You said it right there!

Sicofit24 is offline Female Member
    it hurts when they do a certain area.. go somewhere else..then go BACK to that other spot again..
    OUCH.
    Its annoying like everyone else said..
    but the sound of that gun keeps me going back for more.. soon as I hear it Im memorized

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    They dont hurt, i have plenty of them, but if i had to explain it i would have to say its very close to sun burn....

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    I got two full sleeves. nothing to worry about. ink it all
    the pain feels like a sun burn getting srcatched. no big deal
    if you want pain start with the peircings

cool bros thanks they havent called me yet...but what do you guys recommend i do before hand?? if there is anything to do to relax?

Thread Information